Kelechi Nwakali…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Kelechi Nwakali…

Post by Tobi17 »

Kelechi is quite the conundrum, clearly gifted player with loads of technical ability, yet can't seem get a half decent team to play...I mean even a decent club in Belgium can't be bad for the guy.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm Kelechi is quite the conundrum, clearly gifted player with loads of technical ability, yet can't seem get a half decent team to play...I mean even a decent club in Belgium can't be bad for the guy.
I thought the Portuguese league is ranked higher than the Belgian league?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

gochino wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm Kelechi is quite the conundrum, clearly gifted player with loads of technical ability, yet can't seem get a half decent team to play...I mean even a decent club in Belgium can't be bad for the guy.
The team he plays is relegation fodder, better for him playing in a top 4 club in Belgium than Chaves fc
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 pm
The team he plays is relegation fodder, better for him playing in a top 4 club in Belgium than Chaves fc
They probably signed him hoping he can help them improve… but a tree does not a forest make🤔❗️

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:54 pm
They probably signed him hoping he can help them improve… but a tree does not a forest make🤔❗️

Cheers.
Let’s hope finidi doesn’t mess up in footsteps of all previous SE coach that should have called him up which no doubt could have factored positively for him in getting a decent club
Last edited by jette1 on Wed May 01, 2024 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Every time I watch Kelechi Nwakali, I am just not able to see any irredeemable flaws in his game. I am completely mystified as to why he isn’t playing in the very big leagues🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I suspect Finidi will give him another opportunity.
But it’s up to him to impress and grab the chance.
It’s not as if our squads are overflowing with top midfielders.
The most logical thing to believe is that the coaches know something we don’t.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

jette1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:19 am

Cheers.
Let’s hope finidi doesn’t mess up in footsteps of all previous SE coach that should have called him up which no doubt could have factored positively for him in getting a decent club
He was called up by previous managers. He was even in our AFCON 2021 squad and played in 2 group stage matches. He also payed at the FIFA U20 World Cup where he would have been seen by plenty agents.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:04 am

Cheers.
He was called up by previous managers. He was even in our AFCON 2021 squad and played in 2 group stage matches. He also payed at the FIFA U20 World Cup where he would have been seen by plenty agents.
Nwakali and Iheanacho are two of our players that Nigerians see through rose-tinted lenses and we are therefore baffled that coaches outside Nigeria don’t feel the same way about them.
It’s understandable.
No youth players in recent times apart from Osimhen have given us so much joy as those two.
I believe that’s what we are carrying - unfulfilled expectations.

The hard truth is they just haven’t lived up to the HUGE promise we all hung our hopes on, and we have refused to let go of that dream.
Nacho even try small, but even he hasn’t hit that height. I truly believed he was going to be the next Zizou and Nwakali the next Xavi Hernandez.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:19 am
This demonstrates his abilities when on the ball. This, I believe, has rarely been disputed. The big question with him is ball winning ability and his range of activity. Those, for me, remain to be demonstrated convincingly especially given that he plays in a position anchoring the midfield.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

We are now supporting using our National Team to help one player get a club right? And when the coach -- who uses callups to get players clubs like a good agent -- demands his agency fee, you guys will cry like hyenas? :oops:

Most of you are fantastically corrupt! The only difference between you and those in government is that you do not have access-- if you did, our treasury will be FINISHED!! TUEHH!! I SPIT ON YOU! :curse:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:44 am Every time I watch Kelechi Nwakali, I am just not able to see any irredeemable flaws in his game. I am completely mystified as to why he isn’t playing in the very big leagues🤔❗️

Cheers.
There is a reason why you sit in your house, pressing a keyboard, while others are hired by the top clubs as scouts. First, you analyze a "comp" on X against "Casa Pia" :lol: :lol: While those scouts travel to games and watch top games live and prepare a full scouting report. :oops: second... not wasting my time. . .
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:59 am I suspect Finidi will give him another opportunity.
Really????

I thought we addressed this 2 months ago? That the truth isnt that we do not have, but more so, closed-mindedness and corruption has closed the door. Remember?? Remember when Yussuf was "discovered" because Ndidi was injured??? The same Yussuf that we all know?

We should give an opportunity to a boy because you guys love him so much?? Not because he has earned it?? I expect this from many people, but not from you Damunk! Me and you may not agree on much, but I know you have integrity!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:03 am
Gotti wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:19 am
This demonstrates his abilities when on the ball. This, I believe, has rarely been disputed. The big question with him is ball winning ability and his range of activity. Those, for me, remain to be demonstrated convincingly especially given that he plays in a position anchoring the midfield.
If my great grandmother rose from the dead, she will also give a fantastic performance against Casa Pia! WTF is a Casa Pia anyway?? :lol: :lol: This is the level we are now using to judge players? When we are trying to go to the world cup to compete against Real, Milan, Barca, PSG, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Juve, Bayern, Dortmund, Porto, Benfica, etc etc players and we are here twerking and doing wet t shirt contest for a Casa Pia performance? :lol: :lol:

No be the same league Sporting, Porto, Benfica and even Braga dey? Why is there no "comp" of those games? Why are we celebrating a performance against Casa Pia?

One of the worst things to ever happen to us was when we began to lose our winning mentality.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:58 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:59 am I suspect Finidi will give him another opportunity.
Really????

I thought we addressed this 2 months ago? That the truth isnt that we do not have, but more so, closed-mindedness and corruption has closed the door. Remember?? Remember when Yussuf was "discovered" because Ndidi was injured??? The same Yussuf that we all know?

We should give an opportunity to a boy because you guys love him so much?? Not because he has earned it?? I expect this from many people, but not from you Damunk! Me and you may not agree on much, but I know you have integrity!
Just read my very next post on this same thread and maybe you might get where I am coming from.
On what u are actually responding to, I’m talking about what I suspect Finidi might do, not what I would do.

Huge difference. :idea:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:56 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:44 am Every time I watch Kelechi Nwakali, I am just not able to see any irredeemable flaws in his game. I am completely mystified as to why he isn’t playing in the very big leagues🤔❗️

Cheers.
There is a reason why you sit in your house, pressing a keyboard, while others are hired by the top clubs as scouts. First, you analyze a "comp" on X against "Casa Pia" :lol: :lol: While those scouts travel to games and watch top games live and prepare a full scouting report. :oops: second... not wasting my time. . .
I’d take you half seriously if you, like me, weren’t sitting in your house, pressing a keyboard🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:21 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:56 pm

Cheers.
I’d take you half seriously if you, like me, weren’t sitting in your house, pressing a keyboard🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
Yen yen yen. Imagine thinking that you, a nonsensical nobody, knows better than scouts who are actively in stadia, doing the work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:54 pm

We are now supporting using our National Team to help one player get a club right? And when the coach -- who uses callups to get players clubs like a good agent -- demands his agency fee, you guys will cry like hyenas? :oops:

Most of you are fantastically corrupt! The only difference between you and those in government is that you do not have access-- if you did, our treasury will be FINISHED!! TUEHH!! I SPIT ON YOU! :curse:
Danfo conductor pls dont give yourself heart attack trying too hard to make illogical connection where there is none
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:04 amHe was called up by previous managers. He was even in our AFCON 2021 squad and played in 2 group stage matches. He also payed at the FIFA U20 World Cup where he would have been seen by plenty agents.
He didn’t. Nigeria didn’t qualify…

He played in the U17 WC (w/ Osimhen and Chukwueze), was voted tournament MVP, signed by Arsenal (who btw declined to sign Chukwueze), and then because of byzantine work-permit rules was sent on endless loans where he was shuttled from right-winger to wingback and a hundred and one roles in-between but rarely the creative role that he had excelled in.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:11 am
Lolly wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:04 amHe was called up by previous managers. He was even in our AFCON 2021 squad and played in 2 group stage matches. He also payed at the FIFA U20 World Cup where he would have been seen by plenty agents.

He played in the U17 WC (w/ Osimhen and Chukwueze), was voted tournament MVP, signed by Arsenal (who btw declined to sign Chukwueze), and then because of byzantine work-permit rules was sent on endless loans where he was shuttled from right-winger to wingback and a hundred and one roles in-between but rarely the creative role that he had excelled in.
Oh you are right. I got that wrong. He actually played at the 2019 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations. That’s the tournament we didn’t qualify from our group and missed out on the Olympics.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:39 pm

Oh you are right. I got that wrong. He actually played at the 2019 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations. That’s the tournament we didn’t qualify from our group and missed out on the Olympics.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this isn't new
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:41 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:39 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this isn't new
Yes, it isn't new. But I got it right with Iheanacho and Ndidi not finding buyers when they got relegated unlike you that boldly stated they would be bought by EPL clubs.