Kelechi Nwakali…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Nwakali…

Post by Cito »

I wish him the best.

That said, the hype surrounding this kid on these pages is no where near reality. He is currently not meeting any of the expectations we all had after the U17.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:24 pm I wish him the best.

That said, the hype surrounding this kid on these pages is no where near reality. He is currently not meeting any of the expectations we all had after the U17.
He obviously made poor club decisions as well as some attitude problems in the past but the fact remains that he’s the best skilled Nigerian MF that can make the most impact for SE once he returns to form. Some of might still be in lalaland but his talent is unquestionable. Nwakali is like a poor man’s Oliseh and Mikel rolled into 1 with dead ball abilities. In 2023, I’ll take it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:47 pm

He obviously made poor club decisions as well as some attitude problems in the past but the fact remains that he’s the best skilled Nigerian MF that can make the most impact for SE once he returns to form. Some of might still be in lalaland but his talent is unquestionable. Nwakali is like a poor man’s Oliseh and Mikel rolled into 1 with dead ball abilities. In 2023, I’ll take it.
All these qualities, have you seen them on display or you think he can display them?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:01 pm

All these qualities, have you seen them on display or you think he can display them?
At the last Afcon. Our MF was much better when he played GB.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Although he hasn’t had a really Stella club career yet, the quality is obviously there because he keeps drawing attention from different clubs. Just when you think his career is stalling, some club always comes for him. That’s his quality coming through. He’s also demonstrated superior quality in Nigerian colors🤔❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Highest rating other than their keeper.

Most dribbles on team = 3

2nd Highest pass completion on team = 80%

Had most possession on his team.

A good start and there is absolutely no reason he should not be called up to SE.

I feel like the CE community are better scouts than what the coach and NFF employ.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:52 am Highest rating other than their keeper.

A good start and there is absolutely no reason he should not be called up to SE.

I feel like the CE community are better scouts than what the coach and NFF employ.
Be calming down, bro. Season just start.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:39 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:52 am Highest rating other than their keeper.

Nwakali should absolutely be invited to camp for the next game with alacrity. Besides Iwobi, he’s the only Nigerian MF starting in a good league and playing in a position of need. Onyeaka rarely plays for Brentford and he’s limited, Yusuf and Onyekachi are not ready and Ndidi don enter regression.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:56 am

Nwakali should absolutely be invited to camp for the next game with alacrity. Besides Iwobi, he’s the only Nigerian MF starting in a good league and playing in a position of need. Onyeaka rarely plays for Brentford and he’s limited, Yusuf and Onyekachi are not ready and Ndidi don enter regression.
Yusuf a consistent starter for Antwerp who has been in top form is not ready bawo?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:12 am

Yusuf a consistent starter for Antwerp who has been in top form is not ready bawo?
He can't do the things Nwakali can in mf. We need more than sweat merchants.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:19 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:12 am

He can't do the things Nwakali can in mf. We need more than sweat merchants.
Yusuf covers ground intelligently and can also pass the ball pretty well, we need a reliable replacement for Ndidi with all his injury issues and dip in form
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:17 pm

Although he hasn’t had a really Stella club career yet, the quality is obviously there because he keeps drawing attention from different clubs. Just when you think his career is stalling, some club always comes for him. That’s his quality coming through. He’s also demonstrated superior quality in Nigerian colors🤔❗️

Cheers.
These Clubs?
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2016–2019 Arsenal 0 (0)
2016–2017 → MVV (loan) 29 (2)
2017 → VVV-Venlo (loan) 9 (1)
2018 → MVV (loan) 16 (4)
2018–2019 → Porto B (loan) 16 (0)
2019–2022 Huesca 29 (0)
2021 → Alcorcón (loan) 18 (4)
2022–2023 Ponferradina 33 (1)
2023– Chaves 0 (0
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I wish him the best too. Just hoping he comes through but this new club is yet another lowly club. Not even anywhere near in quality to top English league 1 let alone championships which Tobi17 uses to mock Ndidi and Kels. It is likely he has been able to join series of low level clubs because he comes cheap. Current market val is Euro 800K ( transfer mkt) and highest valued player on his new team is Euro 1.6 mil. Good news is he will get plenty of playing time against the Porto’s, Benfica’s and Sporting’s of the league but staying up will be a challenge.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kawawa wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:34 pm I wish him the best too. Just hoping he comes through but this new club is yet another lowly club. Not even anywhere near in quality to top English league 1 let alone championships which Tobi17 uses to mock Ndidi and Kels. It is likely he has been able to join series of low level clubs because he comes cheap. Current market val is Euro 800K ( transfer mkt) and highest valued player on his new team is Euro 1.6 mil. Good news is he will get plenty of playing time against the Porto’s, Benfica’s and Sporting’s of the league but staying up will be a challenge.
I agree it’s a weird argument to just look at whether it div. 1 or not without delving deeper into comparison of the comparative strengths of the leagues/teams. I mean this Nwakalis team will likely go back down to div 2 next season and he would likely follow them. While Ndidi and cos team would likely be back up in the Prem…I think by this point regardless of this current season we should already know what we can get from Nwakali at the NT level and determine if that is acceptable. Of course a good showing against the Benficas, Porto’s and co should showcase him to our Portuguese coach. I personally think he has something to offer the NT based on our current options or lack there of, and it has nothing to do with him joining this lowly team…in a div 1…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:10 pm
kawawa wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:34 pm I wish him the best too. Just hoping he comes through but this new club is yet another lowly club. Not even anywhere near in quality to top English league 1 let alone championships which Tobi17 uses to mock Ndidi and Kels. It is likely he has been able to join series of low level clubs because he comes cheap. Current market val is Euro 800K ( transfer mkt) and highest valued player on his new team is Euro 1.6 mil. Good news is he will get plenty of playing time against the Porto’s, Benfica’s and Sporting’s of the league but staying up will be a challenge.
I agree it’s a weird argument to just look at whether it div. 1 or not without delving deeper into comparison of the comparative strengths of the leagues/teams. I mean this Nwakalis team will likely go back down to div 2 next season and he would likely follow them. While Ndidi and cos team would likely be back up in the Prem…I think by this point regardless of this current season we should already know what we can get from Nwakali at the NT level and determine if that is acceptable. Of course a good showing against the Benficas, Porto’s and co should showcase him to our Portuguese coach. I personally think he has something to offer the NT based on our current options or lack there of, and it has nothing to do with him joining this lowly team…in a div 1…
You guys need to ease up a little on the use of the term “lowly”. G.D. Chaves has been in the Primeira Liga for 7 straight seasons now and finished 7th in the league last season. I’m not quite sure what’s so lowly about that🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:42 pm
You guys need to ease up a little on the use of the term “lowly”. G.D. Chaves has been in the Primeira Liga for 7 straight seasons now and finished 7th in the league last season. I’m not quite sure what’s so lowly about that🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
I tire oh! Ask dem to name one current deep lying Super eagles midfield playmaker den go dey scratch head! Do your research, Drogba was playing 2nd division football in France at 24! Look how he ended up. Give the guy a break abeg.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:32 am

Cheers.
I tire oh! Ask dem to name one current deep lying Super eagles midfield playmaker den go dey scratch head! Do your research, Drogba was playing 2nd division football in France at 24! Look how he ended up. Give the guy a break abeg.
Let’s pray Nwakali gets noticed by a bigger club the same way Drogba got noticed. You can’t blame people for not believing in him going by the trajectory of his career so far.

I am skeptical but I genuinely wish him well. It’s the same way I felt about our ex Olympics team captain Okechukwu Azubuike when people were calling him the future of our midfield and I was right. Both players don’t put in enough energy into their play. Football today is very physical and you won’t get away with just showing up with the odd intelligent long pass, free kick and dribble. Mikel got away with it because he was very good defensively.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:13 am
gochino wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:32 am

Cheers.
Let’s pray Nwakali gets noticed by a bigger club the same way Drogba got noticed. You can’t blame people for not believing in him going by the trajectory of his career so far.

I am skeptical but I genuinely wish him well. It’s the same way I felt about our ex Olympics team captain Okechukwu Azubuike when people were calling him the future of our midfield and I was right. Both players don’t put in enough energy into their play. Football today is very physical and you won’t get away with just showing up with the odd intelligent long pass, free kick and dribble. Mikel got away with it because he was very good defensively.
Mikel was also phenomenally strong and intelligent.
Mourinho famously said if he had Mikel's body he'd be world class - or something like that.

There must be a reason Nwakali who as the world's MVP (Golden ball) couldn't have had a better start to his professional career, is still struggling 8 years later.
It cant just be down to bad luck.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Early days but after 2 matches he is the 2nd highest rated player at Chaves.

He got an assist today.

He is doing well in terms of dribbles and key passes, and apparently takes corners for his club.

It's a NO BRAINER.

With lack of options in midfield , especially of the creative type, he should be a mainstay of our current team.

CALL HIM UP.

For heavens sake we have imbeciles running our football.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:54 am Early days but after 2 matches he is the 2nd highest rated player at Chaves.

He got an assist today.

He is doing well in terms of dribbles and key passes, and apparently takes corners for his club.

It's a NO BRAINER.

With lack of options in midfield , especially of the creative type, he should be a mainstay of our current team.

CALL HIM UP.

Of course he will be called up, it's a No-brainer. The problem however is who's our coach?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:32 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:54 am Early days but after 2 matches he is the 2nd highest rated player at Chaves.

He got an assist today.

It's a NO BRAINER.

CALL HIM UP.

Of course he will be called up, it's a No-brainer. The problem however is who's our coach?
Hmnn, you are assuming they have brains. Dangerous assumption when dealing with Nigeria
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

You don’t have to be a Pep Guardiola to know that Nwakali, besides his many other attributes, is Nigeria’s best dead ball striker… and it’s not even close🤔❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If it is true that his work rate is not up to par, then it might be worth having him in a midfield trio, where the other 2 put in a shift. At the very least Nwakali should be a bench option.