PRAISE WALDRUM OR PRAISE THE DEVIL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
PRAISE WALDRUM OR PRAISE THE DEVIL

Post by jette1 »

Sweeping Massive improvement by the SF and, all credit goes to coach Waldrun
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: PRAISE WALDRUM OR PRAISE THE DEVIL

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:38 am Sweeping Massive improvement by the SF and, all credit goes to coach Waldrun
You are seriously looking for Gotti's trouble this early mormor.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Can you defer the issue please?
I take God beg you...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:35 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:38 am Sweeping Massive improvement by the SF and, all credit goes to coach Waldrun
I take God beg you...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I take God beg you...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Stop being delusional. This was the first time we failed to score against Canada at the world cup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:17 pm
Stop being delusional. This was the first time we failed to score against Canada at the world cup
no be jedi jedi? the guy no be am. :oops:

but my babe played well today :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is the best the Super Falcons have played as a team in any major tournament. Typically is with brute force and individual skills.

I would start Kanu in the next game if I were Coach Randy.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Didn’t Canada also fail to score against us❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Come on man. You think the guy is capable of thinking that deep? He is here to make up the numbers, not to think..
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:05 pm

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:13 pm
I take God beg you...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Give him time to edit the long paragraph he would've posted last night if the girls had lost the game.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

You talk like the sample size is huge. This is only the third time we're playing them at the world cup. By the way, if someone else had made this same statement you would've said they're being negative. Practice what you preach smh
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:26 pm
You talk like the sample size is huge. This is only the third time we're playing them at the world cup. By the way, if someone else had made this same statement you would've said they're being negative. Practice what you preach smh
I wasn't being negative. I was exposing the hypocrisy from the likes of jette. This isn't our first time at the world cup, we've always been there, we've scored a total of 5 goals vs Canada. We are more experienced than the Canadian ladies in women football.. so acting as if this was massive, is one massive F9. The bottom-line , we are horrible when attacking . This team is a park the bus team. if not for the individual brilliances from Abiodun Ify, Payne, Nanozie, Ohale etc... we for chop bottle

Open your eyes and learn to make sense
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:20 pm Come on man. You think the guy is capable of thinking that deep? He is here to make up the numbers, not to think..
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:05 pm

Cheers.
are you still upset? I know i don flog you tire all over CE, sotey you dey fear to look me in the eye. be a cabbie and stand your ground ..hawaiian bros Chesapeake regular customer
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:47 pm
I wasn't being negative. I was exposing the hypocrisy from the likes of jette. This isn't our first time at the world cup, we've always been there, we've scored a total of 5 goals vs Canada. We are more experienced than the Canadian ladies in women football.. so acting as if this was massive, is one massive F9. The bottom-line , we are horrible when attacking . This team is a park the bus team. if not for the individual brilliances from Abiodun Ify, Payne, Nanozie, Ohale etc... we for chop bottle

We are more experienced than them because we made our debut in the 1991 word cup. A tournament in which we lost all three games we played (4-0 to Germany, 1-0 to Italy and 2-0 to Chinese Taipei of all people.

Canada made their debut in 1995. Since then, they've finished 4th at the world cup and are the current Olympic champion. Don't forget Olympic football for women is not restricted to u-23 and 3 overaged players like the men's. In addition, Canada has played more friendlies in their history than us and are ranked way above us. If anyone is more experienced it's them and not us.You're not serious!

This was a good result. We just need to possess the ball more and start Kanu for Ordega in the next game.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I take God beg you...
Gotti went into hiding temporarily until he finds material to edit his script

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:25 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:47 pm

We are more experienced than them because we made our debut in the 1991 word cup. A tournament in which we lost all three games we played (4-0 to Germany, 1-0 to Italy and 2-0 to Chinese Taipei of all people.

Canada made their debut in 1995. Since then, they've finished 4th at the world cup and are the current Olympic champion. Don't forget Olympic football for women is not restricted to u-23 and 3 overaged players like the men's. In addition, Canada has played more friendlies in their history than us and are ranked way above us. If anyone is more experienced it's them and not us.You're not serious!

This was a good result. We just need to possess the ball more and start Kanu for Ordega in the next game.
what a weak mind. smh.. i guess if the Moroccans who reached the Semis in Qatar viewed things like you, they wouldn't have been dancing and celebrating .. get out of the weak mind set you mental loser

you people are to weak and have zero heart. Who wants to be in the trenches with such low level cowards
SuperEagles

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...at least the SF not losing will taper down those asking for the coach's head aka sack, for now.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

The jury is still out. I will wait until after the Australia game to access Waldrum’s overall coaching impact. But based on yesterdays game, the 0-0 score line flatters to deceive. The agege motorway bus driver will be jealous the way we parked the bus in the first twenty two minutes. To watch professionals having trouble stringing passes was very disappointing. Too many wayward passes all over the place. We couldn’t pass the ball out of the backfield due to lack of confidence and the goalkeeper although the MOM couldn’t kick the ball beyond the half line. You get the feeling that the strategy was to tire-out Canada and hope for a break or two. The game plan almost worked when a long ball found Onumonu in the left flank. She cut in to the right and unleashed a shot which the keeper parried for a corner. That was the SF’s only chance in the first half.
If these was a game of nerves for the falcons, they better bring their A-game against the Matildas next week. Hopefully the additions of Ajibade and Ayinde will keep the bus moving.
Last edited by Abbey on Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I would say nerves of first game and against Olympic champs got hold of SF but effectively warding off early goal conception and wearing down opponents to a dog fight worked for us. So you have one point confidence secured in bag going into second game, sky is wide open.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The SF is a talented team. I will give Waldrum credit that he is not timid and went into the tournament to play to win games unlike Rohr. After saying that, wish the team well. The next coach will habve to continue to build the team. Earning a point against the number 7 team in the world in your first game is a good result. But we have to continue to improve.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:10 pm I would say nerves of first game and against Olympic champs got hold of SF but effectively warding off early goal conception and wearing down opponents to a dog fight worked for us. So you have one point confidence secured in bag going into second game, sky is wide open.
Do you still think Ordega is worth a spot on the team?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I dislike natives that celebrate moral victories.

Folks that go into competition with a singular goal... avoid getting disgraced while earning a Certificate of Participation.

Let's wait and see the rest of the tournament.

We will see if we gained a point or lost 2 points.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Coaching is about a lot of things one of which is developing what you think the best strategy is for your team to advance the farthest AND then translating that tournament strategy into each game depending on the opponent. The park the bus and hope for a break approach for Canada in my view was the best strategy for both that game (we need to get at least a point) and advancing from the group.

Canada has consistently ranked in the top 5 (they only recently dropped to #7 ) - https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... g_20230609
For comparison, we are ranked 40th.

The strategy for a top 10 team that parks the bus and hits on counter has logic. That strategy has logic against any top 10 team. I expect something similar against the Aussies who rank #10 but perhaps slightly more breaks forward as they're not as fast as the Canadians. Against Ireland tho, I expect full out attack and we reach knock out.

No complaints yet but to accolades for the coach yet either - still watching. So far, so good