Look how beautiful this jersey is! This should be THE standard SE color jersey!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Look how beautiful this jersey is! This should be THE standard SE color jersey!

Post by Scipio Africanus »

It’s not a coincidence that our highly acclaimed 2018 jersey had a similar color, although in that one it was mixed with white. But the overall effect is the same. A bright, cheery jersey which gifts the onlookers with light cheerful feelings

Wha choo looking at?!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Look how beautiful this jersey is! This should be THE standard SE color jersey!

Post by Tbite »

I actually feel like maybe we should NOT be using green At all (any shade).

I get that the colour is in our flag (so we feel like we are FORCED to use it), but we would probably be better off without using it. It is NOT even the original colour of the national team. Red was the original colour (correct me if I am wrong).

I feel like anything that makes it harder to immediately discern player movement on the pitch is a subtle disadvantage. I want a stronger contrast against the pitch.

Source: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10. ... ode=rjsp20

The colour of a football outfit affects visibility and team success
Joris Olde Rikkert,Vincent De Haes,Annemiek D. Barsingerhorn,Thomas Theelen &Marcel G.M. Olde Rikkert
Pages 2166-2172 | Accepted 20 Apr 2015, Published online: 03 Jul 2015
Download citation https://doi.org/10.1080/02640414.2015.1064156 CrossMark LogoCrossMark

Abstract
We investigated the impact of the colour of football outfits on localising football players and on the results of football matches. Two studies were conducted: an experimental study examining the effects of outfit colour on the assessment of the positions of computer-animated football players in a video set-up (study 1) and a retrospective study on professional football clubs’ performances dependent on their outfit colours (study 2). The studies were conducted with 18 human volunteers aged 15–18 years (study 1) and league results from 10 professional European football teams over 17 years (1995–2013) (study 2). We analysed the number of correct assessments of the positions of virtual football players with different outfit colours (study 1) and analysed the relationship between match results and outfits’ colours (study 2). Study 1 showed that the position of players wearing white outfits was better assessed in 5.2% of the trials compared to players wearing green outfits (P = 0.007). Study 2 showed that Manchester City conceded less goals against in away games in highly visible kits (r = 0.62; P = 0.024), while Newcastle United conceded less goals and won more points while playing in kits associated with low visibility (r = 0.63; P = 0.007; r = 0.50; P = 0.040, respectively). We conclude that the colour of football outfits affects evaluations of football players’ positions on the field, with white tricots resulting in the best location assessment. The outfit colour may indirectly influence football match results, warranting more attention to the home and away shirts by team managers and football scientists.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Look how beautiful this jersey is! We should make this the standard SE color jersey!

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:45 pm
mcal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:57 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:45 pm Then maybe you need to read up?
Firstly, there's a whole load of stuff on the psychology of color in sport.
But my theory is nothing to do with all that.
I'm saying it's more to with visibility.
Dark green jersey on a black player on a green field.
- Reduced contrast.
- Reduced visibility in the peripheral visual field.

Those tiny margins could translate to statistically significant outcomes in a large study.

Its worth considering. :idea:
...oh boy, well we've been toying with it since ages still can't come up with what green match a black skin.
We are in huge trouble.
Bad NFA
Bad players selection
Bad nepotism, tribalism
Now bad color combo :shock:
It’s not in-your-face obvious.
I don’t believe anyone anywhere has done any research on this subject; research on matters affecting black people is always at the bottom of the pile.
Na we go do am by ourself and then report and act on any findings of significance.
Part of our problem is that we always ridicule ourselves when someone is looking into something unusual or obscure.

Until Oyibo tells us their findings on black studies, na laugh we go dey laugh….
...I will never accept the color of our jersey impedes performance on the field.
The only issue maybe on television, example the 2002 florescent like bright green look obscuring names and numbers of players under the blazing afternoon sun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Look how beautiful this jersey is! We should make this the standard SE color jersey!

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:34 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:45 pm
mcal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:57 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:45 pm Then maybe you need to read up?
Firstly, there's a whole load of stuff on the psychology of color in sport.
But my theory is nothing to do with all that.
I'm saying it's more to with visibility.
Dark green jersey on a black player on a green field.
- Reduced contrast.
- Reduced visibility in the peripheral visual field.

Those tiny margins could translate to statistically significant outcomes in a large study.

Its worth considering. :idea:
...oh boy, well we've been toying with it since ages still can't come up with what green match a black skin.
We are in huge trouble.
Bad NFA
Bad players selection
Bad nepotism, tribalism
Now bad color combo :shock:
It’s not in-your-face obvious.
I don’t believe anyone anywhere has done any research on this subject; research on matters affecting black people is always at the bottom of the pile.
Na we go do am by ourself and then report and act on any findings of significance.
Part of our problem is that we always ridicule ourselves when someone is looking into something unusual or obscure.

Until Oyibo tells us their findings on black studies, na laugh we go dey laugh….
...I will never accept the color of our jersey impedes performance on the field.
The only issue maybe on television, example the 2002 florescent like bright green look obscuring names and numbers of players under the blazing afternoon sun.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Mcal, look at the extract from a study on jersey color posted by Tbite above. :idea:
You might want to be less rigid in your views.
In medicine they say "never say never. Never say always".

Keep an open mind if you wish to remain up to date with research. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:28 am I actually feel like maybe we should NOT be using green At all (any shade).

I get that the colour is in our flag (so we feel like we are FORCED to use it), but we would probably be better off without using it. It is NOT even the original colour of the national team. Red was the original colour (correct me if I am wrong).

I feel like anything that makes it harder to immediately discern player movement on the pitch is a subtle disadvantage. I want a stronger contrast against the pitch.

Joris Olde Rikkert,Vincent De Haes,Annemiek D. Barsingerhorn,Thomas Theelen &Marcel G.M. Olde Rikkert
Download citation https://doi.org/10.1080/02640414.2015.1064156 CrossMark LogoCrossMark

Abstract
We investigated the impact of the colour of football outfits on localising football players and on the results of football matches. Two studies were conducted: an experimental study examining the effects of outfit colour on the assessment of the positions of computer-animated football players in a video set-up (study 1) and a retrospective study on professional football clubs’ performances dependent on their outfit colours (study 2). The studies were conducted with 18 human volunteers aged 15–18 years (study 1) and league results from 10 professional European football teams over 17 years (1995–2013) (study 2). We analysed the number of correct assessments of the positions of virtual football players with different outfit colours (study 1) and analysed the relationship between match results and outfits’ colours (study 2). Study 1 showed that the position of players wearing white outfits was better assessed in 5.2% of the trials compared to players wearing green outfits (P = 0.007). Study 2 showed that Manchester City conceded less goals against in away games in highly visible kits (r = 0.62; P = 0.024), while Newcastle United conceded less goals and won more points while playing in kits associated with low visibility (r = 0.63; P = 0.007; r = 0.50; P = 0.040, respectively). We conclude that the colour of football outfits affects evaluations of football players’ positions on the field, with white tricots resulting in the best location assessment. The outfit colour may indirectly influence football match results, warranting more attention to the home and away shirts by team managers and football scientists.
Thanks for this, Tbite.
Will have a read. :thumb:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tbite wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:28 am I actually feel like maybe we should NOT be using green At all (any shade).

Abstract
I trust oyibo! :clap: :clap: :clap: I just somehow knew this topic had already been researched. Nice work to dig it up Tbite! :thumbs:

By the way I 1000% agree with you on not necessarily wearing green for the national team jersey. In fact I have said that several times here. It is not by force that national team jersey's must use the same color as the flag color. Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Japan and co have shown the way.

Wha choo looking at?!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

How about we just go bare foot and no shirt at all since that was our original original original attire?

Abstract
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

These should be our 2 main jerseys. I didn't care too much for No.1 when it was first released, but it grew on me. I now think it's our best jersey yet! The green is the "Nigeria" green as far as I am concerned

No. 2 will be perfect also if the grey on the shoulder and sleeve is changed to "Nigeria" green.

Damunkey, how many trophies will we win with these?

1. Image

2. Image
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija get wack taste in sputs. This is 1naija (the one wearing orange) on a night out on the town. You can easily recognize him by his Oroma head. We should disregard fashion advice from his likes.

Wha choo looking at?!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I can rock any of these colors (except the striped ones) and make them fashionable. I take it you don't wear Robert Graham shirts.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:28 pm 1naija get wack taste in sputs. This is 1naija (the one wearing orange) on a night out on the town. You can easily recognize him by his Oroma head. We should disregard fashion advice from his likes.

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:34 pm I can rock any of these colors (except the striped ones) and make them fashionable. I take it you don't wear Robert Graham shirts.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:28 pm 1naija get wack taste in sputs. This is 1naija (the one wearing orange) on a night out on the town. You can easily recognize him by his Oroma head. We should disregard fashion advice from his likes.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys see what I am talking about? :laugh: I hereby rest my case. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: You are resting your case to yourself. Gone are the days of only dark and gray colors. You have to express yourself and be bold at times.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: to flosser who dare ...
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:39 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:34 pm I can rock any of these colors (except the striped ones) and make them fashionable. I take it you don't wear Robert Graham shirts.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys see what I am talking about? :laugh: I hereby rest my case. :mrgreen:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:49 pm :rotf: You are resting your case to yourself. Gone are the days of only dark and gray colors. You have to express yourself and be bold at times.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oga na you o! :clap: :clap: :clap: Go on being your baaaaad self! :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

The bright green reminds me over the green our men wore in 2002WC
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:43 pm And stop using those UGLY dull green jerseys of the past. We have NEVER won a WC game wearing those uuuuuuugggliieeeee dull green jerseys! Not a single WC game! We can even alternate this beautiful jersey with black shorts or green shorts, paired with this beautiful shade of green.

Just look at the beautiful sight of that jersey! Look how wonderfully the color of the jersey complements the skin tone as well! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner here! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

kendo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:41 pm The bright green reminds me over the green our men wore in 2002WC
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:43 pm And stop using those UGLY dull green jerseys of the past. We have NEVER won a WC game wearing those uuuuuuugggliieeeee dull green jerseys! Not a single WC game! We can even alternate this beautiful jersey with black shorts or green shorts, paired with this beautiful shade of green.

Just look at the beautiful sight of that jersey! Look how wonderfully the color of the jersey complements the skin tone as well! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner here! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You’re right, but that one was more of a brighter neon green

Wha choo looking at?!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:04 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:31 pm I approve this! This jersey is actually pleasing to the eye and will look damn good on our SE players, NFF should make this light green our official jersey.
Those dark green jerseys, no matter the design, are bad for black business.
I’ll keep saying it.
I just don’t have the time to put the full statistical evidence together to back up my theory.
We no even ask you ! :woot: :roll:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:31 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:31 pm I approve this! This jersey is actually pleasing to the eye and will look damn good on our SE players, NFF should make this light green our official jersey.
I’ll keep saying it.
I just don’t have the time to put the full statistical evidence together to back up my theory.
It wouldn’t be for people like you anyway. :clap: :rotf: :clap:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:19 pm
jette1 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:31 pm
I’ll keep saying it.
It wouldn’t be for people like you anyway. :clap: :rotf: :clap:
But I hope you wouldn't extrapolate European Jersey color study to Africa; it would not be scientific
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvGQaD1o ... BiNWFlZA==
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

This jersey look similar to that of SE in 2002 Korea/Japan 2002.

Just check it out
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

First of all, your Jersey does not have to be any color in your flag. The Italian flag is Red, white and green, Italy. Is called the Azzuri. Azur is a shade of blue. They wear blue.

Germany’s flag is 🇩🇪. They wear black and white. They reverse color is green. None of these are in their flag.

We were initially the Red Devils but became the green eagles. We are no longer the green eagles, so we can change to anything.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I really liked the light green jersey but honestly, the combination of dark shirt on light green shorts was, for me, more aesthetically pleasing❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Combo our girls wore yesterday was lit
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:04 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:49 pm :rotf: You are resting your case to yourself. Gone are the days of only dark and gray colors. You have to express yourself and be bold at times.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oga na you o! :clap: :clap: :clap: Go on being your baaaaad self! :thumbs:
You guys are too funny :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I remember when I used to log into CE for just to read the yabbis.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .