DONE DEAL - VICTOR BONIFACE WILL JOIN BAYER LEVERKUSEN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
DONE DEAL - VICTOR BONIFACE WILL JOIN BAYER LEVERKUSEN

Post by danfo driver »

Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DONE DEAL - VICTOR BONIFACE WILL JOIN LEVERKUSEN

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good move! Though we haven’t had much luck with our players in Germany performing well for SE with the exception of Oliseh they just seem to fade out but I like this player, I think he should play on the left side of the attack in a 433 alongside Vic and Chukwueze. Hopefully, we can start to phase out the dancing midgets from SE. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:19 pm Good move! Though we haven’t had much luck with our players in Germany performing well for SE with the exception of Oliseh they just seem to fade out but I like this player, I think he should play on the left side of the attack in a 433 alongside Vic and Chukwueze. Hopefully, we can start to phase out the dancing midgets from SE. :thumb:
    So you rate this guy highly enough to break into our loaded frontline.
    Interesting, considering the competition.

Chai, we might risk losing Orban at this rate o. I thought this guy plays centrally like the rest….Moffi, Awoniyi, Nacho, Sadiq, and of course Osimhen.
    I even feel like I’ve left someone out…
    "Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
    danfo driver
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
    metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
    danfo driver
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:19 pm Good move! Though we haven’t had much luck with our players in Germany performing well for SE with the exception of Oliseh they just seem to fade out but I like this player, I think he should play on the left side of the attack in a 433 alongside Vic and Chukwueze. Hopefully, we can start to phase out the dancing midgets from SE. :thumb:
    where there is Musa and Simon? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
    EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:40 pm

Chai, we might risk losing Orban at this rate o. I thought this guy plays centrally like the rest….Moffi, Awoniyi, Nacho, Sadiq, and of course Osimhen.
      He can play off the left side in a 433 but he’s a striker, same for Orban. We’re so stacked at the No 9 position and Osihmen is such a rock that most of the strikers making moves might not see a SE a jersey anytime soon.

Pick 3 strikers for Afcon.

1, Osihmen
      OCCUPY NFF!!
      danfo driver
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This happened to me yesterday! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We are loaded, my brother! :thumbs:

Union played with a 3-5-2 last season, and he played as one of the front 2. So I suspect he is coming in to play the same position at Leverkusen, as last season Xabi played a 3-4-1-2.

So, clearly he is a striker. He has good footballing skills though, so I guess a coach who plays 4-3-3 can play him as a left-forward (not left winger - this is the same issue Lookman has in the SE. He is a Left Forward, but our coaches do not seem to know the tactical difference between a left/right forward and a left/right winger).

As for Orban, seems he is going to Lille. He will go to France and start scoring goals and all of a sudden they will select him, since Nigeria chooses players based on club and not merit.

if we lose him, it wont be because of Boniface. It will be because of Musa and Simon. Or we will do what we usually do, overload the forward players and take only 2 midfielders to the AFCON :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
        danfo driver
        Eaglet
        Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:50 pm

He can play off the left side in a 433 but he’s a striker, same for Orban. We’re so stacked at the No 9 position and Osihmen is such a rock that most of the strikers making moves might not see a SE a jersey anytime soon.

1, Osihmen
          Do we need to pick 3? And a coach in the National team (specifically)-- who cannot buy players - creates his formation and tactics based on the talent at his disposal. Do we have a coach flexible enough, and capable of doing that?
          EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
          Eaglet
          Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:46 pm

No way. I don’t see Musa making the Afcon squad and Simon will be a back up if he makes it.
          Assuming we play 433, this is our best options imho.

Striker
          1- Osihmen
          2, Awoniyi/Moffi

LWF
          1, Boniface
          2, Orban

RWF
          1, Chukwueze
          2, ?? - One of Simon, Ejuke, Nacho, Lookman or Marcus Abraham. Personally, I prefer a hardworking 2 way wing forward as back up.
          OCCUPY NFF!!
          danfo driver
          Eaglet
          Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:57 pm

No way. I don’t see Musa making the Afcon squad and Simon will be a back up if he makes it.

Striker
          1- Osihmen
          2, Awoniyi/Moffi

LWF
          1, Boniface
          2, Orban

RWF
          1, Chukwueze
          2, ?? -

onovo
          Egg
          Egg

Post by onovo »

You are in the spirit. Boniface has finally signed for Leverkusen :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

https://frenchfootballweekly.com/2023/0 ... -boniface/
          onovo
          Egg
          Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:50 pm

1, Osihmen

We were so loaded with strikers in the 90's era that Westerhof had to play All of Amokachi, Siasia and Yekini together. Against Argentina in USA 1994 only the trio of Amokachi, Siasia and Yekini crumbled a 5 man Argentina's defence. The Eagles attack was deadly with blistering pace. Hopefully Osimhen, Chukwueze and Boniface could combine and give the eagles for once the flavour of the explosive attack of the 1994 team.
            onovo
            Egg
            Egg

Post by onovo »

[instagram][/instagram]
            Tobi17
            Egg
            Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I don't mind Simon Moses in the expanded AFCON squad, one thing he brings to the team is work-rate, I saw how Simon tracked back countless times against Salone to help defend-
            Tobi17
            Egg
            Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:57 pm

Striker
            1- Osihmen
            2, Awoniyi/Moffi

LWF
            1, Boniface
            2, Orban

RWF
            1, Chukwueze
            2, ?? - One of Simon, Ejuke, Nacho, Lookman or Marcus Abraham. Personally, I prefer a hardworking 2 way wing forward as back up.
            Marcus Abraham is an attacking mid
            Lolly
            Flying Eagle
            Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Good move for the lad. The German league is tough though. Hope he settles in quickly.
            "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
            onovo
            Egg
            Egg

Post by onovo »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:21 pm I don't mind Simon Moses in the expanded AFCON squad, one thing he brings to the team is work-rate, I saw how Simon tracked back countless times against Salone to help defend-
            He could try his place in the midfield where we are a bit deficient at the moment, same with Orban. Orban could be tried as an Attacking midfielder. Afterall Finidi was converted from the midfield to the Wing as the midfield was then very competitive and with Finidi having a blistering pace. Even Siasia had to be accommodated as a wing/attacking midfielder. That is what I suggest.
            danfo driver
            Eaglet
            Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:38 pm
            Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:21 pm I don't mind Simon Moses in the expanded AFCON squad, one thing he brings to the team is work-rate, I saw how Simon tracked back countless times against Salone to help defend-
            He could try his place in the midfield where we are a bit deficient at the moment, same with Orban. Orban could be tried as an Attacking midfielder. Afterall Finidi was converted from the midfield to the Wing as the midfield was then very competitive and with Finidi having a blistering pace. Even Siasia had to be accommodated as a wing/attacking midfielder. That is what I suggest.
            We are not "deficient" in midfield. Because your coach and your NFF are incapable of scouting and performing their duties does not mean we are deficient in midfield. Do not be like the coach/NFF, allow your mind to think outside the small box that they have put you. I truly feel bad for Nigerians. Our horrible government make our citizens unable to see the possibilities. Tufiakwa!

2 weeks ago, no one was opening thread for Boniface to be in the SE, talkless of a starter. I am sure tomorrow, if a midfielder signs for a good European club, he will automatically become available for the SE. :oops:
            onovo
            Egg
            Egg

Post by onovo »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:45 pm
            onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:38 pm
            We are not "deficient" in midfield. Because your coach and your NFF are incapable of scouting and performing their duties does not mean we are deficient in midfield. Do not be like the coach/NFF, allow your mind to think outside the small box that they have put you. I truly feel bad for Nigerians. Our horrible government make our citizens unable to see the possibilities. Tufiakwa!

2 weeks ago, no one was opening thread for Boniface to be in the SE, talkless of a starter. I am sure tomorrow, if a midfielder signs for a good European club, he will automatically become available for the SE. :oops:
            I understand you, which good midfielders can you recommend for the team at the moment ? I feel Orban should be made to compete with Iwobi in the attacking Midfield, while Simon compete in any of the midfield position. That is the reality of things at the moment.
            Damunk
            Flying Eagle
            Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Baba God!
            Please give us two or three decent pitches in Nigeria.
            Please!
            You don already bless us abundantly with ballers.
            It’s a very modest request….
            Tobi17
            Egg
            Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sadiq Unar is also back to full fitness and has looked very impressive in pre-season so far, Real Sociedad fans really rate him
            onovo
            Egg
            Egg

Post by onovo »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:59 pm Sadiq Unar is also back to full fitness and has looked very impressive in pre-season so far, Real Sociedad fans really rate him
            Our three man attack should be Osimhen, Chukwueze, and Boniface. Awoniyi, Moffi, Lookman plays the substitute to these guys (Moffi and Boniface could be interchange just like Chukwueze and Lookman). Orban can compete as a wing forward/attacking midfielder. Moses Simon Should be converted to a midfielder for his work rate. Musa has no business in the team. Ejuke, Sadiq and Iheanacho unfortunately should be made to fight for their place.
            Damunk
            Flying Eagle
            Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:13 pm
            Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:59 pm Sadiq Unar is also back to full fitness and has looked very impressive in pre-season so far, Real Sociedad fans really rate him
            Our three man attack should be Osimhen, Chukwueze, and Boniface. Awoniyi, Moffi, Lookman plays the substitute to these guys (Moffi and Boniface could be interchange just like Chukwueze and Lookman). Orban can compete as a wing forward/attacking midfielder. Moses Simon Should be converted to a midfielder for his work rate. Musa has no business in the team. Ejuke, Sadiq and Iheanacho unfortunately should be made to fight for their place.
            Just looking at your list, the natural question is, “weytin be our problem sef?”
            Very frustrating. :curse: