My goodness , but the ref was really bad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
My goodness , but the ref was really bad

Post by Bigpokey24 »

My goodness it was so clear to see, are we going to make a complaint?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My goodness , but the ref was really bad

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:17 pm My goodness it was so clear to see, are we going to make a complaint?
We better, or the refs will really screw us if we make it to the knockout rounds where the stakes are higher. I hope they are typing the complaint to FIFA right now as we speak.

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:17 pm My goodness it was so clear to see, are we going to make a complaint?

We? Yesterday you were using the pronoun them instead of us to rubbish the girls.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:34 am Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

You can state that again. The referee was rubbish.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:28 pm
You can state that again. The referee was rubbish.
EII,

I can live with an incompetent ref but an unapologetically biased one? It seems as if she was tasked with making sure we lose. God help the SF❗️

Cheers.
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

Bad is not enough a word, the ref was terrible
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

davidbam14 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:43 pm Bad is not enough a word, the ref was terrible
The commentators were worse. Always making excuses for Aus bad tackles and repeating now bad, the Nigeria tackles were with non stop replays.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

I would like to see someone justify the 11 min added or the kick on Ohale’s chest which was not reviewed.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The ref was unashamedly a homer. Wearing a yellow top underneath that red wouldn’t have shocked me.

I need to go watch their second goal again to see if she celebrated it.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The linesmen too were in on the rubbish.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

You guys just don’t get it. It’s not about the ref’s competence or lack thereof. FIFA is the culprit. The entire officiating crew have instructions to give certain teams the advantage wherever possible. After many years of watching international competitions up close and personal, the pattern is quite unmistakable🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The problem is that our leaders are losers. They will see the victory, dance and celebrate all day and forget to do their effing jobs. If we had serious leaders:

- the NFF spokesman would have gone on a serious news rampage tearing the referee to pieces
- the NFF social media team would have quickly prepared a short video with all the ref's errors and put it on twitter, circulating it viciously
- NFF would have secretly paid a few bots to push the narrative with aggression. Afterall, when its time for election, they know how to pay Fani-Kayode, Keyamo and that white bear bear b45t4rd and the rest
- Write a scathing complaint to FIFA and leak it to the world.

But we all know they have all retired to their hotel to drink beer and fock.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:46 pm The problem is that our leaders are losers. They will see the victory, dance and celebrate all day and forget to do their effing jobs. If we had serious leaders:

- the NFF spokesman would have gone on a serious news rampage tearing the referee to pieces
- the NFF social media team would have quickly prepared a short video with all the ref's errors and put it on twitter, circulating it viciously
- NFF would have secretly paid a few bots to push the narrative with aggression. Afterall, when its time for election, they know how to pay Fani-Kayode, Keyamo and that white bear bear b45t4rd and the rest
- Write a scathing complaint to FIFA and leak it to the world.

But we all know they have all retired to their hotel to drink beer and fock.
This is the answer…we can’t cry about the ref when the people who are responsible refuse to do their job
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:46 pm You guys just don’t get it. It’s not about the ref’s competence or lack thereof. FIFA is the culprit. The entire officiating crew have instructions to give certain teams the advantage wherever possible. After many years of watching international competitions up close and personal, the pattern is quite unmistakable🤔❗️

Cheers.
We still have to complain or it will go unnoticed regardless who the culprit is. This stuff is ridiculous, 11 minutes from where?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

packerland wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:19 pm

We? Yesterday you were using the pronoun them instead of us to rubbish the girls.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:34 am Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup

@packerland. You need to start ignoring him. His attention seeking and obnoxious behavior should not be rewarded. Responding to him will just fuel his ego even more.
Last edited by iworo on Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I thought it was only me. She definitely was against us. Oshoala especially was getting terrible calls against her constantly, like wtf are we in the 80s?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

reminds me of an interesting study i read back in the day about how fans use we when speaking of success and them when speaking of failure. no surprise the honorable (sometimes) bp was quick to jump ship.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:00 pm

@packerland. You need to start ignoring him. His attention seeking and obnoxious behavior should not be rewarded. Responding to him will just fuel his ego even more.
wait, let us get this straight, you came to this thread even though you are on a campaign to ignore bigpokey, ( a thread opened by bigpokey) to beg packerland to join your lifetime ambition to ignore bigpokey :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: oh my this is the funnies post of the year... go away, stop stressing yourself about bigpokey, he doesn't feed you, you are too old to be crying and begging forumers on the internet to ignore people who hurt your feelings...chei
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:17 pm

reminds me of an interesting study i read back in the day about how fans use we when speaking of success and them when speaking of failure. no surprise the honorable (sometimes) bp was quick to jump ship.
i do not get this, the focus here is on the ref and not some edited post by pakerland. futcha do not join the enemies of progress. stay away from evil.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I agree with those who say the NFF should have immediately filed a complaint so that if anything, the referees will kept on notice that they are being watched
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

iworo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:00 pm

You’re right! Responding to him has similar effect as a Gremlin exposed to water. His attention seeking behavior multiplies the more your engage with him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

akamoke wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:05 pm I agree with those who say the NFF should have immediately filed a complaint so that if anything, the referees will kept on notice that they are being watched
I’m not sure if federations can be fined by FIFA for criticizing referees like they do with coaches. The NFF might be clueless or they’re silent to avoid a fine since they claim they’re broke.