Asisat has been a huge disappointment so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Asisat has been a huge disappointment so far

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

When she showed up against Australia we won. She failed to show up against Ireland and we could not win.

Asisat is central to our fortunes in this tournament. Is she going to deliver or not?

So far, she has been disappointing. Asisat has only shown up in one of our three games.

She has to do far more. Asisat has not done one tenth of what Barbara Banda, the Zambian skipper has done in this tournament.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Asisat has been a huge disappointment so far

Post by Tbite »

the lady is not fully fit lol. You could see her movement was not fluid.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

She is a Club player!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...in every match, men or women, when a player is subbed in they tend to shine.
When you start them in the next match they flunk.
That said, Oshoala should have come in as a sub vs the Irish and make her runs against tired defenders.
Her heroic euphoria caused the coach to start her.
Granted, she had 2 chances she missed.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Isn’t she still recovering from an injury?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

She is the starter! Her alternates are Kanu who also started and didn't score either, and Onumonu, who has not exactly set the scoring sheets ablaze so far. The good news is that we are creating very good chances. We just need to be clinical with them. This should be the coaches focus the next few days.

mcal wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:30 pm ...in every match, men or women, when a player is subbed in they tend to shine.
When you start them in the next match they flunk.
That said, Oshoala should have come in as a sub vs the Irish and make her runs against tired defenders.
Her heroic euphoria caused the coach to start her.
Granted, she had 2 chances she missed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:59 pm Isn’t she still recovering from an injury?
EXACTLY.......
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If we are going to beat England, Asisat has to plat as well as Laura James or Barbara Banda!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:56 pm If we are going to beat England, Asisat has to plat as well as Laura James or Barbara Banda!
We don't have a fully fit Asisat on show here. Lets hope the other big players in the team deliver.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:25 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:59 pm Isn’t she still recovering from an injury?
EXACTLY.......
...yeah, she's not fully fit to start a match.
We talking about a player who is less than 100% vs defenders who are 100%.
If she had come in as a sub with her less fitness vs tired defenders, that could have been better.
See her goal vs Australia, how she galloped pass a tired defender to slot in from a difficult angle.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lolly wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:03 pm
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:56 pm If we are going to beat England, Asisat has to plat as well as Laura James or Barbara Banda!
We don't have a fully fit Asisat on show here. Lets hope the other big players in the team deliver.
Nobody else has that kind of class. She is carrying the hopes of 200m people on her shoulders.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The coach should bring her in as a sub.

Some players do feel slighted when they expect to start and don't get to start.

Watching her against Australia you can tell she came in trying to prove she deserves to start...

The coaches need to find a way to get her pissed off to want to show them that she is feeling disrespected. Find a way to keep her motivated to the point of wanting to show us something.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:05 pm The coach should bring her in as a sub.

Watching her against Australia you can tell she came in trying to prove she deserves to start...

The coaches need to find a way to get her pissed off to want to show them that she is feeling disrespected. Find a way to keep her motivated to the point of wanting to show us something.

She's not 100%...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:52 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:05 pm The coach should bring her in as a sub.

She's not 100%...
The more reason she shouldn't be starting.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:28 pm

She's not 100%...
sam kerr is not 100 percent but 100 percent will be starting against Denmark.

the knockout stage is not the time to be bringing your best player off the bench mr president.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

She's done ok considering she is not fully fit. Our possession isn't great, so she doesn't get enough touches or chances. I haven't watched Asisat enough to know what her strengths are, and not sure this team plays to those strengths.

If we are going to play a lone striker, I'll prefer it be someone that holds up the ball better. Not sure if Onumonu or Desire are better at holding up the ball.

I feel like this team would thrive better in a 3-5-2. With Alozie and Ajibade as WBs and playing two out of Onumonu, Kanu, or Asisat up top. I wouldn't switch formation at this late stage though.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

She really needs to peak in one tournament for this team. The commentators go on and on about her. Had she scored on that chance tho......
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Huge disappointment??? You folk never fail to amaze me with your unapologetic display of the Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

There are two main reasons we advanced to the round of 16:

1. Chiamaka Nnadozie who saved a penalty against Canada and

2. Asisat Oshoala who scored the winning goal against Australia. Without her, we’d be on our way home now.

… and you have the nerve to call her disappointing. SMH❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who should then start? Kanu and Onumonu? Did they score against Ireland? Or whats your basis for wanting to start any of them ahead of Asisat?

She's not 100%...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

People way no play football at any level dey follow ridicule star girl...chei chineke. It is well sha
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

The girl is not fully fit plus she hasn’t played enough games with this core group. She missed a lot of friendlies over the years and barely played a half of first game at WAFCON before injury reared its ugly head.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

She's not 100%...

Coach has nobody with her skills as a lone forward in a low block approach
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

May be she is all we have now. She is rugged but has not been clinical with her finishing. That can be very costly when playing with a technical side like England.