England 0-0 Nigeria: (FIFA Women World Cup )FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: England 0-0 Nigeria: (FIFA Women World Cup )ET

Post by mcal »

...oh well, goodnight, good morning, gaaday. Well done girls but, many questions of what ifs.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England 0-0 Nigeria: (FIFA Women World Cup )FT

Post by goke313 »

Messi always takes the first penalty. If you’re the best player you should be demanding to take the first PK
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damn...didn't know i would feel this sad...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

These English girls sabi penalty kicks.

Well done to SF. We appreciate your efforts.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Great game, though!!
The girls played much better!
You are Your Own Dog
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

goke313 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:24 am Messi always takes the first penalty. If you’re the best player you should be demanding to take the first PK
I see what you did there
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Nice try but no cigar. Bye folks, I’m out❗️

Cheers.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Our substitutions could have been better, choice of penalty takers was atrocious too.
I’m glad Randy left a defensive foundation… now hoping for a better coach to take us to the next level.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I do not regret waking up this early to support the girls. They deserved my support and I am proud of them. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unfortunately, the same issues that plague our male teams, also plague our female teams. In football, you have to be very very clinical and take your chances when you get them. Any small gift you get, you must capitalize on it. Over and over again, we show up to big tournaments only to be knocked out and go home with moral victories. This game was there for the taking! Right there and we chose not to take it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England 0-0 Nigeria: (FIFA Women World Cup )ET

Post by Gotti »

WELL DONE LADIES!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The lack of goal-scoring finally caught up with us…
But otherwise a worthy performance on the night.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

I am so sorry yet proud for these wonderful girls. To get knocked out without losing a game in regulation time is unfair but that’s football. For all the off the field distractions, they did themselves proud. Let’s hope we are able to build on this.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

All i can say is Ohala is a boss. One of the most assured defensive performances i've seen in a long while. :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:25 am Damn...didn't know i would feel this sad...
Makes sense. We all fell in love with them. Take am easy bro. For me, once it got to penalties, I immediately prepared myself for a loss. 2 bars, 33 minutes one woman up? It was clear where this was going. I have watched football long enough to know when football has made its decision against you.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to the girls given the limitation of their coach and the incompetence of the NFF….

They took the European champions to the cleaners

Despite not getting a clear cut penalty…..

Well done to the girls…. They must build in this.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Our goal scoring woes did us in. England should not have survived to PKs

Wha choo looking at?!
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Our best players of the tournament (in order):
Nnadozie
Ajibade
Plumptre
Kanu
Demehin
Ayinde
Ohale
Payne
Alozie
Oshoala
Onumonu
Ucheibe
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

NFF deserves zero credit for this WC.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:29 am
txj wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:25 am Damn...didn't know i would feel this sad...
Makes sense. We all fell in love with them. Take am easy bro. For me, once it got to penalties, I immediately prepared myself for a loss. 2 bars, 33 minutes one woman up? It was clear where this was going. I have watched football long enough to know when football has made its decision against you.

Its not the loss per se...Its just the knowledge of what these girls have had to deal with over the years just to get a little bit of respect and consideration

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

We played the same way all through and did not put enough pressure on the England defence after the red card, it is disappointing

Proud of the Falcons they competed but in the end we needed to have more strings to our bow
To God be the glory
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

THANK YOU, LADIES!!! NOTHING, BUT RESPECT!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Thunder on Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

goke313 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:30 am Our best players of the tournament (in order):
Nnadozie
Ajibade
Plumptre
Kanu
Demehin
Ayinde
Ohale
Payne
Alozie
Oshoala
Onumonu
Ucheibe
What order is this rubbish
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:35 am XX

lets also applaud Jette1, who stood by the Falcons from the beginning and supported them through the difficult times. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:38 am
jette1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:35 am XX

lets also applaud Jette1, who stood by the Falcons from the beginning and supported them through the difficult times. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said 👏 👌