Our Basket-case goalkeeper situation.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Our Basket-case goalkeeper situation.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What to do now? We have Uzoho in Cyprus, he’s our highest ranking goalie in terms of experience and quality. Afcon is months away, WC qualifiers are around the corner too. We’re all excited about the number of attacking players available but who are the goalies we can depend on?

Uzoho - He’s okay but still prone to errors.
Okoye - I like him but he needs to settle village people.
Adeleke - We’re trying to stop midget dancers on the wings, no need to start a midget goalie show.
Okonkwo - likely our best chance to get a good goalie that could be top class in 2 yrs but he’s English.
Noble - Vintage hand woven basket.
Akpeyi - Past Vintage. We’re talking of a taxidermist preserved goalie .
Osigwe - Seems like the only team he’s ever recommended for is SE.

This problem would be solved if Uzoho can get a transfer to a decent team in mainland Europe but that seems unlikely. Uzoho is good enough for a team in Holland, Belgium, Scotland or Portugal. Cyprus No be am.
OCCUPY NFF!!
GG of G
Egg
Egg
Re: Our Basket-case goalkeeper situation.

Post by GG of G »

"Vintage hand woven basket" -----lwkmd

Maybe we should draft in Nnadozie - she just needs to declare a change in gender, lo ba tan
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

GG of G wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:41 am "Vintage hand woven basket" -----lwkmd

Maybe we should draft in Nnadozie - she just needs to declare a change in gender, lo ba tan
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It’s that simple nowadays o….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:56 am
GG of G wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:41 am "Vintage hand woven basket" -----lwkmd

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It’s that simple nowadays o….
:rotf:
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Just read the comments from the following links by Nigeria fans about Uzoho. They were terrible and shows how much fans are disgusted with Uzoho. See link as follows:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=626 ... 1324553586
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Let’s not deceive ourselves, Uzoho and Okoye are in the same class of basket. The only difference is shade of color the basket came in.

Proper Ekete.

Our basket manufacturing capacity is off the chart at the moment.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cito wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:54 pm Let’s not deceive ourselves, Uzoho and Okoye are in the same class of basket. The only difference is shade of color the basket came in.

Proper Ekete.

This is a problem we’re not paying much attention to that could cost us dearly, although there’s really nothing we can do but talk. Watching Onana for Man U yesterday really made me realize how far behind we are in the goalkeeping dept. Maybe the Nff and Nigerian agents can help get Uzoho, Okoye and Adeleye to better clubs. I still don’t understand how Okoye went from one of the best goalies in Holland to a basket case goalie.
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:00 pm
Cito wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:54 pm Let’s not deceive ourselves, Uzoho and Okoye are in the same class of basket. The only difference is shade of color the basket came in.

Proper Ekete.

This is a problem we’re not paying much attention to that could cost us dearly, although there’s really nothing we can do but talk. Watching Onana for Man U yesterday really made me realize how far behind we are in the goalkeeping dept. Maybe the Nff and Nigerian agents can help get Uzoho, Okoye and Adeleye to better clubs. I still don’t understand how Okoye went from one of the best goalies in Holland to a basket case goalie.
It is the Uzoho/Akpeyi bandwagon effect. This is the reason our attack is blistering presently, cos Osimhen has raised the bar.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Akpeyi and Noble are the answers. You will continue to struggle at the position until this injustice is reversed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:22 pm Akpeyi and Noble are the answers. You will continue to struggle at the position until this injustice is reversed.
:shock: :shock: :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Maybe we should just go to our plantain neighbors next door and borrow some of their Goalkeepers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:05 pm Maybe we should just go to our plantain neighbors next door and borrow some of their Goalkeepers.
Cameroun produces top keepers all the time and they're close enough to Rivers state where all we seem to get from there are certified hand woven wastebasket. I swear River state is killing our football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:31 am What to do now? We have Uzoho in Cyprus, he’s our highest ranking goalie in terms of experience and quality. Afcon is months away, WC qualifiers are around the corner too. We’re all excited about the number of attacking players available but who are the goalies we can depend on?

Adeleke - We’re trying to stop midget dancers on the wings, no need to start a midget goalie show.
Okonkwo - likely our best chance to get a good goalie that could be top class in 2 yrs but he’s English.

This problem would be solved if Uzoho can get a transfer to a decent team in mainland Europe but that seems unlikely. Uzoho is good enough for a team in Holland, Belgium, Scotland or Portugal. Cyprus No be am.
stop abusing your players, Your are cursed with negativity . How will you start a thread on a SE site and the title is to abuse players' ...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:08 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:31 am What to do now? We have Uzoho in Cyprus, he’s our highest ranking goalie in terms of experience and quality. Afcon is months away, WC qualifiers are around the corner too. We’re all excited about the number of attacking players available but who are the goalies we can depend on?

stop abusing your players, Your are cursed with negativity . How will you start a thread on a SE site and the title is to abuse players' ...smh
For once, listen to the message and forget the messenger. We don’t have a GK and I won’t even pretend like I know the solution to our goal keeping problems.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:04 pm

For once, listen to the message and forget the messenger. We don’t have a GK and I won’t even pretend like I know the solution to our goal keeping problems.
i do not listen to messages that abuse Nigerian players
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

I urge you to keep encouraging him to do the right thing, he needs the help to get over his issues with low self esteem and the need to win every argument.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:37 am

I urge you to keep encouraging him to do the right thing, he needs the help to get over his issues with low self esteem and the need to win every argument.
Any abuse you rain on any SE player , it will back fire to you. If you do not want such, then avoid abusing SE / Nigerian players.
SuperEagles

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Uzoho is done. That goal he allowed in against Ghana seals his fate as no longer under consideration for a major role in SE competitive games. Okoye may still have a chance if he is doing well at his club, but we're stuck with Adeleke for now until we find new talent.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Orion wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:43 am

Uzoho is done. That goal he allowed in against Ghana seals his fate as no longer under consideration for a major role in SE competitive games. Okoye may still have a chance if he is doing well at his club, but we're stuck with Adeleke for now until we find new talent.
Done how? The guy has been the starter. Adeleke played in the last match because Uzoho was suspended. I don’t rate none of our goal keepers though.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Done? Cmon bro. The goal v Ghana was very costly but we can’t get caught up in the emotions of it . Uzoho had great games v Man U last season and he still has the fundamentals of a potentially good goalie. Being a world class goalie requires the best tutelage from a very young age, I doubt Uzoho ever had that. Imho, the difference between him and top European goalies is that he still lacks some of the basic fundamentals of goalkeeping that’s pathological to top goalies. Meaning that he’s not yet unconsciously competent, he has to process it but the top goalies do not. However, howlers are part of the game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:15 am

Done? Cmon bro. The goal v Ghana was very costly but we can’t get caught up in the emotions of it . Uzoho had great games v Man U last season and he still has the fundamentals of a potentially good goalie. Being a world class goalie requires the best tutelage from a very young age, I doubt Uzoho ever had that. Imho, the difference between him and top European goalies is that he still lacks some of the basic fundamentals of goalkeeping that’s pathological to top goalies. Meaning that he’s not yet unconsciously competent, he has to process it but the top goalies do not. However, howlers are part of the game.
Uzoho started getting goalkeeping training probably younger than any other Nigerian goalkeeper.
He was at the Aspire Academy in either Senegal or Qatar from his early teens (14).
He started ‘keeping from age 12.
Also remember he was deputy to Alampasu at the U17 WC in 2013, age 14.

So that your point is void, though he could and should become at least average.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:43 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:15 am

Uzoho started getting goalkeeping training probably younger than any other Nigerian goalkeeper.
He was at the Aspire Academy in either Senegal or Qatar from his early teens (14).
He started ‘keeping from age 12.
Also remember he was deputy to Alampasu at the U17 WC in 2013, age 14.

So that your point is void, though he could and should become at least average.
Beyond aspire academy, he should be the youngest of the Nigerian goalkeeper to have kept the post in Europe big league, when he was at Deportivo. He was even the first choice keeper in Russia 2018. I think he is the most privileged Nigerian goalkeeper at a young age. The guy just like Iheanacho just lost it.