Kelechi Iheanacho to Crystal Palace ??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Kelechi Iheanacho to Crystal Palace ??

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... er-8696329

https://www.bbc.com/sport/66585110

Leicester City's Nigeria forward Kelechi Iheanacho, 26, has emerged as a top target for Premier League side Crystal Palace. (Leicestershire Live)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho to Crystal Palace ??

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The first team to realize that Nacho’s natural position is a free role on the right side of a 433/442 will get 20 goals and 10 assists out of him for their club. He’s not a striker or MF. He’s a roamer in the final 3rd with no defensive responsibilities other than to occupy space until the ball is recovered.
OCCUPY NFF!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:48 am The first team to realize that Nacho’s natural position is a free role on the right side of a 433/442 will get 20 goals and 10 assists out of him for their club. He’s not a striker or MF. He’s a roamer in the final 3rd with no defensive responsibilities other than to occupy space until the ball is recovered.
Can’t tell if you’re selling him or warning teams about him. You have described a luxury player not suited to a team facing relegation like Crystal Palace
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

niyi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:20 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:48 am The first team to realize that Nacho’s natural position is a free role on the right side of a 433/442 will get 20 goals and 10 assists out of him for their club. He’s not a striker or MF. He’s a roamer in the final 3rd with no defensive responsibilities other than to occupy space until the ball is recovered.
Can’t tell if you’re selling him or warning teams about him. You have described a luxury player not suited to a team facing relegation like Crystal Palace
That’s what he is. Nacho is a supremely gifted player very unique talents that must be accommodated in the team’s plan. I would’ve love to see what the great Keshi could’ve don’t with Nacho. He’s not a 9,10 or 8. He’s a free 7.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Nacho is a luxury player.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Honestly, I had expected Jurgen Klopp to go for Iheanacho. Given their style of play, I think he is a perfect fit for Liverpool… and he has the ability to play in any number of positions for them; 9, false 9, behind the striker and even switching up with Salah out wide on the right❗️

Cheers.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

He should have been a great attacking midfielder/playmaker in my opinion. Iheanacho problem was that he failed to develop himself further. He also played under terrible coaches who could not transform him to a world superstar. Look at how Spalletti transformed Osimhen to a world deadly striker.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Rumours about rumours.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

onovo wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:10 am
He should have been a great attacking midfielder/playmaker in my opinion. Iheanacho problem was that he failed to develop himself further. He also played under terrible coaches who could not transform him to a world superstar. Look at how Spalletti transformed Osimhen to a world deadly striker.
I won’t give Spalletti all that credit. Maybe with helping Osimhen limit his tendency to be called for offside. Osimhen was scoring similar goals at Lille. The difference between now and then was that he had selfish players at Lille that won’t pass or release the ball on time to him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Perhaps he will be better outside the UK?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

fan favorite
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Leicester is trying to ruin Iheanacho’s career. Several teams have come for him but Leicester has set the transfer fee too high. Considering that Iheanacho can leave on a free transfer at the end of the season, they are being penny wise, pound foolish. Here’s the latest on Iheanacho transfer saga❗️

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... 714845.amp

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:02 pm Leicester is trying to ruin Iheanacho’s career. Several teams have come for him but Leicester has set the transfer fee too high. Considering that Iheanacho can leave on a free transfer at the end of the season, they are being penny wise, pound foolish. Here’s the latest on Iheanacho transfer saga❗️

Cheers.

He should go to Palace or thug it out with Leicester if there’re no other clubs. Wolves will likely be relegated this season even with Nacho. 2 straight relegations will not look good.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:02 pm Leicester is trying to ruin Iheanacho’s career. Several teams have come for him but Leicester has set the transfer fee too high. Considering that Iheanacho can leave on a free transfer at the end of the season, they are being penny wise, pound foolish. Here’s the latest on Iheanacho transfer saga❗️

Cheers.
TTTK,

Why would they want to ruin his career? Naaaah!!! That does not make sense. This is a business. Leicester FC is well within its rights to get as much as they can from any deal involving Kelechi. That is the GOAL. They are not in the business of giving Kelechi out for meager sums simply to satisfy Kelechi's needs. How about Leicester's needs?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:40 pm

Cheers.
TTTK,

Why would they want to ruin his career? Naaaah!!! That does not make sense. This is a business. Leicester FC is well within its rights to get as much as they can from any deal involving Kelechi. That is the GOAL. They are not in the business of giving Kelechi out for meager sums simply to satisfy Kelechi's needs. How about Leicester's needs?
EII,

They’ve deliberately set a transfer fee that’s higher than Kelechi’s current market value, meaning that interested teams are forced to pass on him. One could argue, quite validly, that Leicester is trying to force him to sign a new contract. What could happen is that Iheanacho holds out until the end of the season when he can leave on a free transfer but then, he most likely won’t be as attractive to teams as he is now. He might have to take a big pay cut in order to find a suitable team or be forced to move to one of those “alternative” leagues🤔❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:03 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:40 pm

Cheers.
TTTK,

EII,

They’ve deliberately set a transfer fee that’s higher than Kelechi’s current market value, meaning that interested teams are forced to pass on him. One could argue, quite validly, that Leicester is trying to force him to sign a new contract. What could happen is that Iheanacho holds out until the end of the season when he can leave on a free transfer but then, he most likely won’t be as attractive to teams as he is now. He might have to take a big pay cut in order to find a suitable team or be forced to move to one of those “alternative” leagues🤔❗️

Cheers.
TTTK,

Unless someone is a Lionel Messi at his prime, no club is ultimately attached to a player. A club will always sell at a price that is "right." Every player has a price and a club will want to deal but, as in any market, the seller wants to sell at the highest price. What is likely occurring is that Leicester has placed a high value on Kelechi but because Leicester never used Kele as a key starter, no buyer is willing to bite on the price just yet. I suspect that Leicester will be forced to come down on the asking price because of two key factors: (1) Kele was never a sure starter at Leicester and that will be made clear by a buyer to drive down the asking price, and (2) clubs may wait Leicester out given that Kele's contract is at the expiring end which puts the pressure on the seller.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics