UZOHO just visited this site.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: UZOHO just visited this site.......

Post by 1naija »

If Uzoho actually visited this site, then he has himself to blame. This site is filled with angry old men, most of whom are failures or semi failures themselves. If the same old men can criticize one of Nigeria's most accomplished player of all times, Joseph Yobo, then Uzoho has no reason to expect less.

Having said that, it is perfectly okay to criticize a player's performance in a game. Is he upset that they criticized his perfromance in the game? I am sure even him can see that he did not perform well.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:13 pm If Uzoho actually visited this site, then he has himself to blame. This site is filled with angry old men, most of whom are failures or semi failures themselves. If the same old men can criticize one of Nigeria's most accomplished player of all times, Joseph Yobo, then Uzoho has no reason to expect less.

Having said that, it is perfectly okay to criticize a player's performance in a game. Is he upset that they criticized his perfromance in the game? I am sure even him can see that he did not perform well.
satire uncle. Enugu even listed such in the post. haba
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I take God beg una, This ting na joke ooo! Uzoho no talk to anyone wey I know ooo!! I jus siddon house come dey tink wetin Uzoho dey suffer. I come begin dey tink say make I write dis ting.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:33 am
niyi wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:42 am Enugu II,
Please try to wait 5 hours after smoking indian hemp before posting.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:bump:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He’s a professional footballer and he is making mistakes that are obviously upsetting millions of Nigerians so he should expect some backlash,I don’t blame him for being upset but he hasn’t improved so why is he reading comments on social media?
I don’t know what he’s expecting, instead of making himself sad?
How Nigeria can’t find a replacement is beyond me?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:20 pm He’s a professional footballer and he is making mistakes that are obviously upsetting millions of Nigerians so he should expect some backlash,I don’t blame him for being upset but he hasn’t improved so why is he reading comments on social media?
I don’t know what he’s expecting, instead of making himself sad?
How Nigeria can’t find a replacement is beyond me?
OMG how many times do you have to be told it’s a joke?

Read the actual post
And then read the other posts
And laugh at the joke.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Ok it’s a joke but in general criticism whether fair or not is part of the territory of being a professional footballer. Ask the likes of Harry Maguire if he thinks it’s fair what England fans do to him not to talk of other players in other countries. Footballers are a sensitive lot. They love the adoration on social media when they are doing well but complain and cry when it’s the other way when they are playing badly. Is some of the criticism OTT? Maybe. But the bottom line advise for any footballer that is sensitive to criticism is to stay off social media and forums in both good times and bad
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why would very very senior uncle do such. I can see semi very old uncles like Bret Fart or jobless uncles like Kongi do such, but not you...
Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:56 pm I take God beg una, This ting na joke ooo! Uzoho no talk to anyone wey I know ooo!! I jus siddon house come dey tink wetin Uzoho dey suffer. I come begin dey tink say make I write dis ting.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:46 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:35 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:59 pm Pun intended in the above write -up
Where was the pun?

But the man said it now....PUN INTENDED!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And yeyeman asked, where is the Pun?
txj wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:43 pm
Where was the pun?

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

1naija wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:51 pm And yeyeman asked, where is the Pun?
txj wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:43 pm
Where was the pun?

The post is the pun
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:56 pm I take God beg una, This ting na joke ooo! Uzoho no talk to anyone wey I know ooo!! I jus siddon house come dey tink wetin Uzoho dey suffer. I come begin dey tink say make I write dis ting.
Thanks for the confession; Except you left out the most important part - them say you no wait 5 hrs after the Igbo smoking. Exactly How many hrs did you wait or did you even wait at all.
Last edited by jette1 on Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Super Eagles’ Francis Uzoho issues public apology after his Snapchat story went viral

Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro will currently be sweating over the decision on who to make his first-choice goalkeeper at AFCON 2024.

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Francis Odinaka Uzoho, has issued a public apology after sending a message to his critics, following an error he committed in Nigeria’s game against Mozambique, Soccernet.ng reports.

The ex-Deportivo de La Coruña goalkeeper lost the trust of Nigerian football fans after a sequence of errors, including one away to Ghana, preventing Nigeria from being in attendance at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

During the International break, the 24-year-old committed errors leading to goals in the two games the Super Eagles played, leading to a massive outrage from fans on social media, questioning why his call-up.

Uzoho received support from Coach Peseiro, and teammates like Kelechi Iheanacho, Moses Simon, and even Adeleye Adebayo, but the Omonia S.C. goalkeeper went ahead to post a picture on his Snapchat story in a bid to silence his critics, tagging it “do it if it’s easy.”

He later took to his X(formerly called Twitter) page to apologize for his post, claiming it was an outburst of emotions and frustration.

“It has come to my attention that my recent Snapchat has not been my best behaviour towards you all as my loyal fans. I apologize for this as it was not my intention to conduct myself in such a manner towards the fans who have supported and motivated me throughout my career,” Uzoho posted on X.

The 32-time capped Nigerian mentioned that criticism is part of football, and it is needed for improvement as a professional footballer.

“Accepting criticism is part of my job and one that I often welcome from people who continue to support me. I accept your criticisms with the utmost respect and understanding that you all want me to do better,” He added.

Should Uzoho remain Peseiro’s first-choice goalkeeper, Nigerians will be expecting the goalkeeper to put out a proper apology on the pitch by making fewer mistakes.

https://soccernet.ng/2023/10/super-eagl ... viral.html
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Uzoho just visited the site and then he quickly left because the site has been performing worse than he has been.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:34 am Uzoho just visited the site and then he quickly left because the site has been performing worse than he has been.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

AS FOR ME...

...all I want is for the NFF members to be compelled to visit this site. I'll then double or triple my posts. And they will have a single focus.
Bell
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Showboy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:48 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:59 pm
I am informed by my nephew who knows Francis Uzoho quite well that the latter just visited this site and has visited here a few times previously. To make a long story short.....He is not happy. He believes, and I quote: "I have served and continue to serve this continue as best as I can. Many of these guys,, so called fans, have not lifted a finger in service of Nigeria. Yet, they can hide behind their computers to type rubbish." He has gone on to add: "How many of them can face what I have faced?"

I feel for this lad but the truth be told, it is time to move on but he is truly embittered by it all. He beliefs that many people here are not true fans of the Super Eagles. In fact, he mentioned that some countries previously approached him to change citizenship. Unfortunately, it is too late to do so now given FIFA's rules. He is now tied to Nigeria.

.....But he has not been pilloried as Nigerians pilloried one of our own who was at Orlando Pirates (Daniel Akpeyi) and had represented this country with all he had. Somewhat, we have all been spoiled by a long line of great goalkeepers that have represented this country. In fact, at one time we had three magnificent goalkeepers at the same time.

If I have the opportunity to talk with Mr. Uzoho directly I will simply tell him that the criticism comes with the territory. His service is not in vain but maybe, just maybe, taking a hiatus could help. But I wonder if he will be happy to hear such an advice from me but it may do him some good. That is just my tuppence worth of talk.

Pun intended in the above write -up
His quotes don’t sound anything like a professional footballer. Criticism is part of the territory and much better players have to endure worse.

I’d suggest he see someone (psychologist) for this because it appears his confidence is shot to bits.
i don't think you know much about professional football. You fans imagine that they take it all on the chin. News flash. They don't. They are human beings. It is one of the funny things about people is that we imagine that famous people are aliens.

Professional footballers are just bigpokey with a lot of talent kicking a ball or Robbynice with a lot of hard work saving shots. They are NOT aliens. Anything you can imagine that you wouldn't want to personally here, you could imagine the same for them.

Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

In key moments, the most mentally strong footballers know how to keep the noise out. BUT even those types are not immune to emotion in general. They just know how to block it out TEMPORARILY. It is generally advised that famous people should avoid social media. People like Kevin Durant don't take that advise...

The best way to navigate being a footballer is really to have tunnel vision. Like Onana claims he has.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:34 am Uzoho just visited the site and then he quickly left because the site has been performing worse than he has been.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:39 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:21 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:13 pm
I am informed by my nephew who knows Francis Uzoho quite well that the latter just visited this site and has visited here a few times previously. To make a long story short.....He is not happy. He believes, and I quote: "I have served and continue to serve this continue as best as I can. Many of these guys,, so called fans, have not lifted a finger in service of Nigeria. Yet, they can hide behind their computers to type rubbish." He has gone on to add: "How many of them can face what I have faced?"

I feel for this lad but the truth be told, it is time to move on but he is truly embittered by it all. He beliefs that many people here are not true fans of the Super Eagles. In fact, he mentioned that some countries previously approached him to change citizenship. Unfortunately, it is too late to do so now given FIFA's rules. He is now tied to Nigeria.

.....But he has not been pilloried as Nigerians pilloried one of our own who was at Orlando Pirates (Daniel Akpeyi) and had represented this country with all he had. Somewhat, we have all been spoiled by a long line of great goalkeepers that have represented this country. In fact, at one time we had three magnificent goalkeepers at the same time.

If I have the opportunity to talk with Mr. Uzoho directly I will simply tell him that the criticism comes with the territory. His service is not in vain but maybe, just maybe, taking a hiatus could help. But I wonder if he will be happy to hear such an advice from me but it may do him some good. That is just my tuppence worth of talk.

He is fortunate. He should check what they've wished on Musa. He should asked what Vancity did to Keshi and Amodu. He wished and prayed for the their death.

Same fans want foreign born players to switch allegiance!
The Keshi hate was vile especially the death wish from the likes of VE, same for Musa but why's it a crime for fans to express their feelings? football as a sport is probably the one thing that UNITES us in this fragile nation...so It's not farfetched for fans of the SE to be emotionally invested in the affairs of the team, especially when certain players who are simply not good enough or past it are always forced on the team. Fans will be fans, happens everywhere in football, some football clubs even have ultras that tend to be very violent and ideological to a level of fanaticism. That's what football does.
It's not a crime to express your feelings. However some fans are DESPICABLE as evident by Vancity Eagle.

Whatever your opinion about a player is:

1) He HONOURED invitation by his country
2) He is making a sacrifice.

If you are not happy with his invitation, blame those inviting him and the coach that is giving him playing time.

Criticize the performance and not destroy the person.

If you are in employment, how will you want feedback to be given to you by clients, colleagues etc even IF it is a negative feedback.

If same players refused to honor national call we complain. If they chose another country, we complain.

Fans need to be HUMANE. Some are a disgrace to humanity.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:29 pm

His quotes don’t sound anything like a professional footballer. Criticism is part of the territory and much better players have to endure worse.

I’d suggest he see someone (psychologist) for this because it appears his confidence is shot to bits.
i don't think you know much about professional football. You fans imagine that they take it all on the chin. News flash. They don't. They are human beings. It is one of the funny things about people is that we imagine that famous people are aliens.

Professional footballers are just bigpokey with a lot of talent kicking a ball or Robbynice with a lot of hard work saving shots. They are NOT aliens. Anything you can imagine that you wouldn't want to personally here, you could imagine the same for them.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks for this Tbite.
Much needed information for our freely abusive fans.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

As a general rule, it is best to ignore the hype when you are being praised and ignore the 'unconstructive' criticism when things are not going to well.

Fans are fickle... The Surulere crowd back in the day only give the S/E 15mins to turn on the style before they start cheering the opposition. The dude should just focus and work on his game. He has all the assets to be a world class keeper. Just need to get his head sorted out.

In recent times, only Carl Ikeme has inspired confidence between the sticks...
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Tbite wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:29 pm

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about - firstly you don’t know me or whether I work in professional football to make any statement whatsoever about my knowledge.
That aside you post up a video that basically summarised my comment about the criticism of footballers (the mental side) which goes with the territory and a place for a psychologist (if required). Do you think you know what you’re talking about?
In your haste to respond to everything in your long winded way - my advice would be for you to read, understand, breath, reflect and then respond rather than coming across half cut.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)