Orban has abruptly stopped performing

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Orban has abruptly stopped performing

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is why I’m always suspicious of talent in the Belgian league. What happened to Orban?
Not only has he stopped scoring, it has also gotten to the point where he’s not even a regular starter of is subbed off at HT. Frankly, the boy looks a shadow of his former, perhaps, assumed, self.

Is it psychological? Or, Is it that opponents have adjusted their game when defending against him? This is really concerning, it’s one of the longest loss of form I’ve seen in the game for a supposed top player.

What happened to gift Orban?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Orban has abruptly stopped performing

Post by Tobi17 »

He will come good, he's still young and will have his inconsistent phases...but as far as international football goes, I'll start talking to the Togolese FA if I were him cause he ain't displacing any of the mainstays in that attack of Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Moffi and Iheanacho.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Orban back on the scoresheet. Came on in the 80th monute to score.

Hopefully he's back.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marutimon wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:22 am Orban back on the scoresheet. Came on in the 80th monute to score.

Hopefully he's back.

he scored in Europe 2 weeks ago(conference )
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

He gave a poignant press conference after this game with some thinly veiled shots at his manager while voicing out his frustrations at not scoring and not starting. He tried to be professional but some of the comments will make the headlines no doubt.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Frustrations bubble up at Gent- striker Gift Orban during a striking interview: 'A club cannot destroy my career'

Tarik Tissoudali is gradually becoming the old one again, Gift Orban made his first league goal since August 20. But after the adult victory in Charleroi (1-3), there were still some internal frustrations at AA Gent on Sunday evening. Hein Vanhaezebrouck was (rightly) critical of Tissoudali, Gift Orban clearly expressed his displeasure in a striking interview. 'A club can't destroy my career.'

“I'm at 75 percent of my ability,” Tarik told Tissoudali exactly a month ago after scoring twice in the Conference League against Maccabi Tel Aviv. But he also indicated at the time that he needed even more game minutes. And Hein Vanhaezebrouck gave him that. Since early October, he played four full matches and once 70 minutes, last week against Standard. He also played the cup match last Wednesday on Patro Eisden's field in full.

Vanhaezebrouck not completely satisfied

On Charleroi's field, Tissoudali set the Buffalo's on their way to a smooth win on Sunday night. A little over the quarter of an hour he got the ball pardoes in the feet of Stefan Knezevic, but there was still a lot of work to be done. Tissoudali still had about 30 meters to cover, came in and shook Hervé Koffi with a low slider. His fifth goal in the last four games.

After the cup in Patro, the Moroccan already said that he feels completely liberated. “Do I notice that too? Every player plays as well and as badly as he can. If you make some good actions and you score a few times, that naturally gives extra confidence. And with Tarik it is clearly so,” Hein Vanhaezebrouck said at the press conference in Charleroi.

But the Gent- coach was also critical of his striker. And that was right. 'The goal he scores is fantastic, only I think we could have made a lot more out of it,' Vanhaezebrouck said. “For that goal he could have made at least one and during the second half he could have played out some of our counters much better. He was able to give the ball a few times with some team mates.”

Frustrated Orban

Vanhaezebrouck was mainly referring to Gift Orban, who was allowed to substitute for Hugo Cuypers a ten minutes before time and scored his first league goal since August 20. After a long period of silence, the Nigerian striker was allowed to explain it again to the journalists. And he had a lot of heart. 'I've had difficult times,' Orban said. “If you score a lot, everyone is happy. If you don't score it's more difficult, you swallow criticism, you hardly get playing minutes and you can hardly start a match. That's difficult.”

'I don't feel like myself anymore,' Orban continued. “Siting on the couch, playing for ten minutes... What can I teach the club or team then? I haven't spoken to the coach yet. That is not necessary either. I can only say that I remain a pro and will always be committed, whether I can play five or ten minutes, that doesn't matter. I just need trust. The coach decided that I could come to Ghent, he gave me confidence.”

The 21-year-old Nigerian was clearly with a double feeling. “I'm not a player who gets confidence when he steps in. I am a player who starts and needs to be able to grow in a match. A club can't destroy my career. I keep working. If it doesn't work here, elsewhere then,” he said. But he closed with: “The coach decides who plays. I certainly respect our coach, he is a top coach. He knows what he's doing. I still trust him. The club remains the most important, the team is above everything. Even if I don't play but if the team wins, that's what counts.” Anyway, not an easy situation for Hein Vanhaezebrouck and AA Gent.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:02 am Frustrations bubble up at Gent- striker Gift Orban during a striking interview: 'A club cannot destroy my career'

Tarik Tissoudali is gradually becoming the old one again, Gift Orban made his first league goal since August 20. But after the adult victory in Charleroi (1-3), there were still some internal frustrations at AA Gent on Sunday evening. Hein Vanhaezebrouck was (rightly) critical of Tissoudali, Gift Orban clearly expressed his displeasure in a striking interview. 'A club can't destroy my career.'

“I'm at 75 percent of my ability,” Tarik told Tissoudali exactly a month ago after scoring twice in the Conference League against Maccabi Tel Aviv. But he also indicated at the time that he needed even more game minutes. And Hein Vanhaezebrouck gave him that. Since early October, he played four full matches and once 70 minutes, last week against Standard. He also played the cup match last Wednesday on Patro Eisden's field in full.

On Charleroi's field, Tissoudali set the Buffalo's on their way to a smooth win on Sunday night. A little over the quarter of an hour he got the ball pardoes in the feet of Stefan Knezevic, but there was still a lot of work to be done. Tissoudali still had about 30 meters to cover, came in and shook Hervé Koffi with a low slider. His fifth goal in the last four games.

After the cup in Patro, the Moroccan already said that he feels completely liberated. “Do I notice that too? Every player plays as well and as badly as he can. If you make some good actions and you score a few times, that naturally gives extra confidence. And with Tarik it is clearly so,” Hein Vanhaezebrouck said at the press conference in Charleroi.

But the Gent- coach was also critical of his striker. And that was right. 'The goal he scores is fantastic, only I think we could have made a lot more out of it,' Vanhaezebrouck said. “For that goal he could have made at least one and during the second half he could have played out some of our counters much better. He was able to give the ball a few times with some team mates.”

Frustrated Orban

Vanhaezebrouck was mainly referring to Gift Orban, who was allowed to substitute for Hugo Cuypers a ten minutes before time and scored his first league goal since August 20. After a long period of silence, the Nigerian striker was allowed to explain it again to the journalists. And he had a lot of heart. 'I've had difficult times,' Orban said. “If you score a lot, everyone is happy. If you don't score it's more difficult, you swallow criticism, you hardly get playing minutes and you can hardly start a match. That's difficult.”

'I don't feel like myself anymore,' Orban continued. “Siting on the couch, playing for ten minutes... What can I teach the club or team then? I haven't spoken to the coach yet. That is not necessary either. I can only say that I remain a pro and will always be committed, whether I can play five or ten minutes, that doesn't matter. I just need trust. The coach decided that I could come to Ghent, he gave me confidence.”

The 21-year-old Nigerian was clearly with a double feeling. “I'm not a player who gets confidence when he steps in. I am a player who starts and needs to be able to grow in a match. A club can't destroy my career. I keep working. If it doesn't work here, elsewhere then,” he said. But he closed with: “The coach decides who plays. I certainly respect our coach, he is a top coach. He knows what he's doing. I still trust him. The club remains the most important, the team is above everything. Even if I don't play but if the team wins, that's what counts.” Anyway, not an easy situation for Hein Vanhaezebrouck and AA Gent.
Dammy

Is this your opinion? If not, please include link.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:48 pm
Dammy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:02 am Frustrations bubble up at Gent- striker Gift Orban during a striking interview: 'A club cannot destroy my career'

Frustrated Orban

Dammy

Is this your opinion? If not, please include link.
No be my opinion o! I just copied and pasted
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

He's asking for a source - where you copied and pasted it from.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:13 pm He's asking for a source - where you copied and pasted it from.
It was sent to me on WhatsApp without a link by a friend
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy,

I put that out there because you broke the rules of the forum. There should always be a clickable source when you post such a piece. The only exception is if you are the source of the story. If not, we may become inundated with stories that are not verifiable....In any case, I was able to locate the source of the piece and it is posted below.
Tarik Tissoudali’s Progress and Gift Orban’s Frustrations at AA Gent
football

https://www.archysport.com/2023/11/tari ... t-aa-gent/
November 6, 2023

Tarik Tissoudali is gradually getting back to his old self, Gift Orban scored his first competition goal since August 20. And yet there were some internal frustrations at AA Gent on Sunday evening after the smooth victory in Charleroi (1-3). Hein Vanhaezebrouck was (rightly) critical of Tissoudali, Gift Orban could not hide his dissatisfaction in a striking interview. “A club cannot destroy my career.”

“I am at 75 percent of my potential,” said Tarik Tissoudali exactly a month ago after scoring twice in the Conference League against Maccabi Tel Aviv. But he also indicated that he needed more match minutes. And Hein Vanhaezebrouck gave it to him. Since the beginning of October, he has played four full matches and once for 70 minutes, last week against Standard. He also played the entire cup match last Wednesday on the Patro Eisden field.

On the Charleroi field, Tissoudali set the Buffaloes on their way to an easy victory on Sunday evening. Just after fifteen minutes he got the ball straight into Stefan Knezevic’s feet, but there was still a lot of work to be done. Tissoudali still had about 30 meters to cover, came in and outwitted Hervé Koffi with a low slider. His fifth goal in the last four games.

© BELGIUM

After the cup victory in Patro, the Moroccan already said that he feels completely liberated. “Do I notice that too? Every player plays as well as he can. If you make some good plays and score a few times, that naturally gives you extra confidence. And that is clearly the case with Tarik,” said Hein Vanhaezebrouck at the press conference in Charleroi.

But the Ghent coach was also critical of his striker. And that was right. “The goal he scores is fantastic, but I think we could have achieved much more,” said Vanhaezebrouck. “He could certainly have scored one before that goal and during the second half he could have played out some of our counters much better. He was able to pass the ball to some teammates a few times.”

Frustrated Orban

Vanhaezebrouck was mainly referring to Gift Orban, who came on for Hugo Cuypers ten minutes before the end and scored his first competition goal since August 20. After a long period of silence, the Nigerian striker was allowed to explain it again to the journalists. And he had a lot to get off his chest. “I have been through difficult times,” Orban said. “If you score a lot, everyone is happy. If you don’t score it is more difficult, you swallow criticism, you hardly get any playing minutes and you are hardly allowed to start a match. That’s difficult.”

© BELGIUM

“I don’t feel like myself anymore,” Orban continued. “Sitting on the bench, playing for ten minutes… What can I teach the club or team? I haven’t spoken to the coach yet. That’s not necessary either. All I can say is that I will remain a professional and will always commit myself, whether I can play for five or ten minutes, it doesn’t matter. I just need trust. The coach decided that I could come to Ghent, he gave me confidence.”

The 21-year-old Nigerian seemed to have mixed feelings. “I am not a player who gains confidence when he comes on. I am a player who starts and must be able to grow in a match. A club cannot destroy my career. I keep working. If it doesn’t work here, go somewhere else,” he said. But he ended on a more positive note: “The coach decides who plays. I certainly respect our coach, he is a top coach. He knows what he’s doing. I still trust him. The club remains the most important thing, the team is above everything. Even if I don’t play, if the team wins, that’s what counts.” In any case, not an easy situation for Hein Vanhaezebrouck and AA Gent.

© BELGIUM

2023-11-05 21:55:21
#Frustrations #bubble #Ghent #striker #Gift #Orban #striking #interview #club #destroy #career
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics