Maduka Okoye starts!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Maduka Okoye starts!!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:36 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:55 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:52 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:37 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:54 pm Okoyo just earned his No 1 SE spot back in just one game, just like that. The same people that were touting the useless old goalie in Sweden have suddenly realized that Okoye is a good goalie. Goalie Rasheed ko Morufu ni. :roll:
Why are we like this? Just one cup game playing with fellow reserve teammates and he’s the number 1 again…So sad
Yup. We are like that. You don’t get to be No 2 on a Serie A team if you have no quality. He’s not No 2 in Cyprus, in Israel or aged in Swedish mid table at 31yrs old. Who else you do u recommend? It’s time to polish our gold instead of looking for a new one. Very very few get to be on Serie A teams, especially African goalies.
Guys who have been consistent all season would be who I try out first…But hey that’s just me…
Let’s take it easy after one game. Let’s not forget that Uzoho once had a game of his life against Manchester United. These things do happen.
Bid saves are not Uzoho’s problem, it’s th easy ones that causes him he lose concentration .
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This place cracks me up.
Opinions go up and down like an ECG tracing.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Yea im not convinced until he starts playing regularly for Club. This was how Uzoho fooled everybody that he was still good after his blunder vs Ghana. Nope.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Looks like he’s getting his confidence back.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

He did very well yes, but he could also have done more for the first Cagliari goal. His focus needed to be better and its a bit worrying because for games against some teams, such opportunities may be their only chance to score, similar to the Tunisia game last AFCON. I don't think we will have complete confidence in Okoye or Uzoho or whichever new keeper comes. Two things: 1. Uzoho needs to be benched at least to send a message and get his head right, 2. our team and attack needs to create and take their chances. We must not depend on backing and defense.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

BigMuze wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:58 am He did very well yes, but he could also have done more for the first Cagliari goal. His focus needed to be better and its a bit worrying because for games against some teams, such opportunities may be their only chance to score, similar to the Tunisia game last AFCON. I don't think we will have complete confidence in Okoye or Uzoho or whichever new keeper comes. Two things: 1. Uzoho needs to be benched at least to send a message and get his head right, 2. our team and attack needs to create and take their chances. We must not depend on backing and defense.
True point on Cagliari's goal. However, he did well particularly with a big opportunity for opponents to score in the opening half.

Nevertheless, it appeared this was a virtually reserve team and thus while Okoye did well, this is not a guy Nigeria should rely on for the AFCON. He needs to do more. Nigeria should seek for a goalie that is regularly playing, home or abroad.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:54 am
BigMuze wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:58 am He did very well yes, but he could also have done more for the first Cagliari goal. His focus needed to be better and its a bit worrying because for games against some teams, such opportunities may be their only chance to score, similar to the Tunisia game last AFCON. I don't think we will have complete confidence in Okoye or Uzoho or whichever new keeper comes. Two things: 1. Uzoho needs to be benched at least to send a message and get his head right, 2. our team and attack needs to create and take their chances. We must not depend on backing and defense.
True point on Cagliari's goal. However, he did well particularly with a big opportunity for opponents to score in the opening half.

Nevertheless, it appeared this was a virtually reserve team and thus while Okoye did well, this is not a guy Nigeria should rely on for the AFCON. He needs to do more. Nigeria should seek for a goalie that is regularly playing, home or abroad.
You can always blame a goalie for any goal conceded. The placement on that fk was superb but the ball should’ve never beaten the entire back line at such height. Okoye did all he could but by the time he sa where the ball was going , he was a bit late. The CD should also get a talking to. Okoye had a brilliant game and saved his team numerous times.
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:56 pm

You can always blame a goalie for any goal conceded. The placement on that fk was superb but the ball should’ve never beaten the entire back line at such height. Okoye did all he could but by the time he sa where the ball was going , he was a bit late. The CD should also get a talking to. Okoye had a brilliant game and saved his team numerous times.
[media] [/media]
Nope.

You do not always blame a goalie for a goal. That is not correct. What you do to assess blame is to evaluate whether the situation can be better dealt with by a large number of goalies. Then that is not even assessed as an error. It is simply assigned as poor goalkeeping but not a personal error.

An error is assigned when a goalie is clearly in a position and capable of preventing a goal and yet bungles it. That is assigned as an error.

There are two different things. For instance, from that video, Okoye may be assessed with the first but not the second.

For his blooper a year or so ago, an error is duly assessed. Thus, it isn't every goal that a goalie can be blamed. No one has blamed Okoye for the second goal in the overtime game being discussed here. No person has and will do so because that ain't his fault by any imagination.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:28 pm

[media] [/media]
Nope.

You do not always blame a goalie for a goal. That is not correct. What you do to assess blame is to evaluate whether the situation can be better dealt with by a large number of goalies. Then that is not even assessed as an error. It is simply assigned as poor goalkeeping but not a personal error.

An error is assigned when a goalie is clearly in a position and capable of preventing a goal and yet bungles it. That is assigned as an error.

There are two different things. For instance, from that video, Okoye may be assessed with the first but not the second.

For his blooper a year or so ago, an error is duly assessed. Thus, it isn't every goal that a goalie can be blamed. No one has blamed Okoye for the second goal in the overtime game being discussed here. No person has and will do so because that ain't his fault by any imagination.
The goalie is the last line of defense not the the only person responsible for keeping the ball out of the net. Pls explain what the CD, whose responsibility it is to deal with aerial threats we’re doing on that 1st goal. Is it unreasonable to expect one of the 8 defensive players in the box to get a head on the ball? How many of them actually made an attempt? Even if Okoye could’ve dived at full stretch to make a save, it doesn’t absolve the defenders of blame. Defense is a team effort.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:31 pm
It is settled.

1, Okoye
2, Uzoho
3, Big stout Nwabili.

If we get Okonkwo then Uzoho is out and Okonkwo becomes No 2.
Small stout Adeleye is not tall enough.
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:50 pm
It is settled.

1, Okoye
2, Uzoho
3, Big stout Nwabili.

If we get Okonkwo then Uzoho is out and Okonkwo becomes No 2.
Small stout Adeleye is not tall enough.
He deserves no place !
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The final save he makes in that game would grace any keeper’s highlight reel.

I hope he’s gotten rid of his useless errors. Lord knows we need help.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

waka-man wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:08 pm
The final save he makes in that game would grace any keeper’s highlight reel.

I hope he’s gotten rid of his useless errors. Lord knows we need help.
Apparently not; the unsaved free kick puts him back in the debacle, not to say he hasn’t earned back his starting role especially given Uzoho is in the gutters right now and in fact barring lack of foresight should have never been starting
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:59 pm

[media] [/media]
Nope.

The goalie is the last line of defense not the the only person responsible for keeping the ball out of the net. Pls explain what the CD, whose responsibility it is to deal with aerial threats we’re doing on that 1st goal. Is it unreasonable to expect one of the 8 defensive players in the box to get a head on the ball? How many of them actually made an attempt? Even if Okoye could’ve dived at full stretch to make a save, it doesn’t absolve the defenders of blame. Defense is a team effort.
Your call, bros.

The discourse is on Okoye, the Nigerian. I, and I believe many others, do not care a cent about his ream mates on that team.

As for errors, on some goals there is a possibility of several players assigned an arrow. In other goals, there is a possibility of no one including the goalie being assigned an error. It depends on the goal and the chances that it could have been ordinarily prevented.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Hope it is a sign that he has turned the corner.
He needs to play and play regularly.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:58 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:59 pm

[media] [/media]
Nope.

Your call, bros.

The discourse is on Okoye, the Nigerian. I, and I believe many others, do not care a cent about his ream mates on that team.

As for errors, on some goals there is a possibility of several players assigned an arrow. In other goals, there is a possibility of no one including the goalie being assigned an error. It depends on the goal and the chances that it could have been ordinarily prevented.
If you look at it this way "If he didn't save his side many other times in the match and still conceded that first goal, I doubt we would be this impressed". Not taking anything away from his great game, he needs a lot more game time to improve his judgement and anticipation.

To buttress E II's point that you may not call it error, here are some examples that come to mind where some of our SE goalies could have done better:
1. Rufai vs Cannigia second goal (USA 94) unnecessarily hugging the post when Cannigia had a lot of goal to aim for.
2. Uzoho vs Messi (Russia 2018) could have narrowed the angle quicker when Messi gained space on Omeruo and made a good save
3. Adeleye vs ?? Sierra leone first goal (AFCONQ 2023) as above but too short to make save.

These weren't howlers but you can say on another day same goalkeepers or other top keepers would have stopped these goals.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Messi vs Enyeama nko ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »