U20 FEMALE WC QUALIFIERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
U20 FEMALE WC QUALIFIERS

Post by Gotti »

The Falconets are off to Tanzania for the first-leg of the second round of the 2024 WWC qualifiers…
Nigeria qualified for this round after Mauritius withdrew, while Tanzania beat Djibouti 12-0 on aggregate.

Presumably, a lot of the Tanzania team that made it to the R16 at the 2022 U17 WWC will be on their U20 team…
Similarly, the Falconets are transitioning from the set of Abiodun, Onyenezide, Sebastine, etc. with several ex-U17 players.

The first-leg is this Sunday November 12, and second-leg the following Sunday…
As per the usual Nigerian script, preparations started about 2 weeks ago (on Oct 23) with the call-up of 30 players.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS! 🇳🇬

Last edited by Gotti on Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U20 FEMALE WC QUALIFIERS

Post by Gotti »

Btw, Faith Omilana is listed twice - as GK and defender…
She’s the 2022 U17 WWC goalkeeper, and the team is accordingly 19 players

Meanwhile, I hear that Janet Akekoromowei (16 years old, 6’2”), the first player from the Asisat Oshoala Academy to be invited for any of the youth national teams is serious baller and one to keep an eye on for the future.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:23 pm Btw, Faith Omilana is listed twice - as GK and defender…
She’s the 2022 U17 WWC goalkeeper, and the team is accordingly 19 players

Meanwhile, I hear that Janet Akekoromowei (16 years old, 6’2”), the first player from the Asisat Oshoala Academy to be invited for any of the youth national teams is serious baller and one to keep an eye on for the future.

Heard & saw clips of her a few month's back. From what I saw, calling her a "serious baller" is an understatement. I think we have something special here.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:20 pm The Falconets are off to Tanzania for the first-leg of the second round of the 2024 WWC qualifiers…
Nigeria qualified for this round after Mauritius withdrew, while Tanzania beat Djibouti 12-0 on aggregate.

Presumably, a lot of the Tanzania team that made it to the R16 at the 2022 U17 WWC will be on their U20 team…
Similarly, the Falconets are transitioning from the set of Abiodun, Onyenezide, Sebastine, etc. with several ex-U17 players.

The first-leg is this Sunday November 19, and second-leg the following Sunday…
As per the usual Nigerian script, preparations started about 2 weeks ago (on Oct 23) with the call-up of 30 players.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS! 🇳🇬

Abiodun & Sabastine are still been eligible and would have been called up if they hadn't left Nigeria. Sabastine made her debut for Reims last weekend & did well in her cameo while Abiodun is seriously balling in the US with Pitt. Very excited with the upcoming prospects for the Falcons. I'm already salivating on a midfield of Onyenezide, Echiegini, Abiodun, Ucheibe & Effih, with Sabastine out wide. It's looking good if we keep this going.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Is this the prayer warrior team
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Faith Omilana is listed twice as both goalkeeper and defender. That has to be an error🤔❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Well, it’s not been all bad news today…🇳🇬

A squeaker of sorts (we dominated possession and chances) in Abuja against a Tanzanian team that consisted of many of the players from the Tanzanian team that made it to the round of 16 at the 2022 U17 WC in Tanzania’s first-ever WC at any level!

We now progress to the Fourth and Final round of qualification against Burundi.

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:19 pm Well, it’s not been all bad news today…🇳🇬

A squeaker of sorts (we dominated possession and chances) in Abuja against a Tanzanian team that consisted of many of the players from the Tanzanian team that made it to the round of 16 at the 2022 U17 WC in Tanzania’s first-ever WC at any level!

We now progress to the Fourth and Final round of qualification against Burundi.

So we have dod strikers all around falcons, SE, flame goes, flying eagles and this team too
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

At least our girls are making us proud