SE WCQs Opponents Watch: Lesotho 0-0 Benin; Rwanda 2-0 SA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Our WCQs Opponents Watch: South Africa 2-1 Benin FT

Post by packerland »

If Rohr coached defense and hired someone with an offensive mindset of Siasia to coach the offence, he would've been more successful. He also lacked in his ability to motivate his players. Now I'm making an assumption that his press conference talk is similar to his locker room talk.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Our WCQs Opponents Watch: South Africa vs Benin

Post by YUJAM »

I agree. The pace of play needs to be much faster. This requires not only more effort from the players but also players that can play a high tempo. Moses Simon for example is a player who brings a lot of speed and effort to the team. So someone like him should be starting
Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:05 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:55 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:42 pm S Africa looking very ragged
Sure looks like it. The S Africans will have problems away to Benin if they play this way
Yujam

Nigeria should simply take care of its own business by first benching players that aren't giving 110% and that should start with tomorrow. The manager must lay down the rule and let these guys know that if you cannot play with intensity then you have no place on this team and your club pedigree should not matter. The sooner, the better.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:31 pm I agree. The pace of play needs to be much faster. This requires not only more effort from the players but also players that can play a high tempo. Moses Simon for example is a player who brings a lot of speed and effort to the team. So someone like him should be starting
Sure looks like it. The S Africans will have problems away to Benin if they play this way
Yujam

Nigeria should simply take care of its own business by first benching players that aren't giving 110% and that should start with tomorrow. The manager must lay down the rule and let these guys know that if you cannot play with intensity then you have no place on this team and your club pedigree should not matter. The sooner, the better.
Agreed. Simon should be starting. He gives you effort. Man, I felt sorry for Iwobi and Ajayi last game. They seemed to view the game so differently compared to some of their vaunted mates. It was ridiculous. Ajayi ended up rescuing us from shame. Yet, people will be on this site rubbishing him because he is not EPL this or that. Nonsense. What did the big name big five or whatever do against local players from Rwanda Prisons?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:38 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:31 pm I agree. The pace of play needs to be much faster. This requires not only more effort from the players but also players that can play a high tempo. Moses Simon for example is a player who brings a lot of speed and effort to the team. So someone like him should be starting
Yujam

Agreed. Simon should be starting. He gives you effort. Man, I felt sorry for Iwobi and Ajayi last game. They seemed to view the game so differently compared to some of their vaunted mates. It was ridiculous. Ajayi ended up rescuing us from shame. Yet, people will be on this site rubbishing him because he is not EPL this or that. Nonsense. What did the big name big five or whatever do against local players from Rwanda Prisons?
I will admit that I don't rate Ajayi and I wanted other defenders tested in the friendlies but it is too late to replace him now. In fact he might be a sure starter right now. He reminds of a prime Ekong, an average defender that struggles with the ball on his feet/passing but is all 100% effort and heart, and that you can't buy from the market.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

On account of this game, the sleeper team in the group is Benin. They were slow in getting into the game and the quickness of the first goal, as well as giving away the second goal due to shambolic defending did them in.
Outside of that, they pretty much matched up and for long periods during the game, dominated.
I will be shocked if they don't beat SA in Benin.

Nigeria will likely have problems with Benin (we struggled against them in the previous AFCON Quals). But with them now under Rohr, we might even struggle some more, since he pretty much has the dossier on every Nigerian player in the squad.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

I am more concerned about playing Benin than I am about South Africa. Rohr and his 50% Nigerians in the Benin team will come out guns blazing just to prove a point.
Peter Obi For President 2023
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Babalawo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:34 pm I am more concerned about playing Benin than I am about South Africa. Rohr and his 50% Nigerians in the Benin team will come out guns blazing just to prove a point.
Every team will be tough just like Lesotho showed, if we are clinical we have a good chance of winning.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:36 pm
Babalawo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:34 pm I am more concerned about playing Benin than I am about South Africa. Rohr and his 50% Nigerians in the Benin team will come out guns blazing just to prove a point.
Every team will be tough just like Lesotho showed, if we are clinical we have a good chance of winning.
Who is "we?" Ndi Dakar, dont you have Senegal and Kravateartear to support? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE WCQs Opponents Watch: Lesotho v Benin; Rwanda v SA

Post by anointed »

Both kicked off 15 mins ago

Lesotho 0-0 Benin
Rwanda 0-0 South Africa
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Rwanda don score o
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Rwanda up 2:0 against SA.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

2-0 Rwanda
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

2-0 Rwanda
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

A South Africa loss would be very good for SE and keep them in touching distance to everyone in the group.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:24 pm If Rohr coached defense and hired someone with an offensive mindset of Siasia to coach the offence, he would've been more successful. He also lacked in his ability to motivate his players. Now I'm making an assumption that his press conference talk is similar to his locker room talk.
I see this a lot. I see people say this a lot and it makes me wonder. Do you guys actually know how football works? This comment you made is EXACLY NOT how it works. This is not fantasy land. It takes a lot to strategize and create a specific tactic. If you are a defensive coach, you are playing a defensive strategy. You simply cannot say "oh! Let me bring in an a attacking coach," who will then show up with a completely different strategy to your own strategy.

What you are referring to -- an attacking coach -- would be one who will help the attacking players with their technique. That would absolutely not change the tactic. It will simply mean that the few goalscoring opportunities the defensive team will create, the strikers may have a better chance to be prolific.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:36 pm
Lesotho was NOT tough.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:39 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:24 pm If Rohr coached defense and hired someone with an offensive mindset of Siasia to coach the offence, he would've been more successful. He also lacked in his ability to motivate his players. Now I'm making an assumption that his press conference talk is similar to his locker room talk.
I see this a lot. I see people say this a lot and it makes me wonder. Do you guys actually know how football works? This comment you made is EXACLY NOT how it works. This is not fantasy land. It takes a lot to strategize and create a specific tactic. If you are a defensive coach, you are playing a defensive strategy. You simply cannot say "oh! Let me bring in an a attacking coach," who will then show up with a completely different strategy to your own strategy.

What you are referring to -- an attacking coach -- would be one who will help the attacking players with their technique. That would absolutely not change the tactic. It will simply mean that the few goalscoring opportunities the defensive team will create, the strikers may have a better chance to be prolific.
I think they’re mistaking it for American football where the offence is a different team from the defensive team. Very strange suggestion.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

We may need to send a thank you delegation to Paul Kagame for making what could have been a 4 point lead just 2 points.

It's just left for us to do the needful and fire Gbeseiro.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

presently we going to have difficulties going to southern African nation [high attitude with thin air the way we are we are playing with no midfield or power in our football unless this man is sack 419 Presario
thanks
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

FT in Kigali and Maseru

Rwanda 2-0 South Africa
Lesotho 0-0 Benin
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria still in the hunt. Now what will the NFF do. They need to sack Pesiero, nire a new coach. The new coach can use Afcon for preparation.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Keeping Pesiero to save money is idiotic. You have to treat the disease can't let it continue. Yes they messed up by renewing his contract and he is going to laugh to the bank calling the NFF mugus. But what is done is done. Just pay him off and learn from the bad decision.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cant wait until after Afcon to fire Pesiero. The new coach need time to prepare. Afcon is a great way to prepare for world cup qualifications.