Who was at fault for that goal ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Who was at fault for that goal ?

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:37 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:00 pm
Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:48 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:52 am
Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:43 am IMO, the best Nigerian central defenders are Igoh Ogbu and Gabe Osho, and it’s ironic that they’re not involved with the SE and unlikely to be selected for AFCON
Ogbu’s omission I can’t understand, but Osho is only just popping up on the radar and there will be many like me who would rather watch for now because he hasn’t stood out as far as I am concerned.
How else can Osho stand out after keeping Salah and Rashford quiet in successive matches?
It takes more than two matches to fully assess a player. The same Luton has been chopping goals before their last two games.

This is how we start to call players world class after a couple of games. Boniface, Moffi, Orban are typical examples. Very average players who flatter to deceive.
He was injured in the earlier part of the season and has only played in Luton’s last 3 matches and played the full 90 minutes in the last two matches. His presence has stabilised the Luton Town defence and he’s much better than Bassey, who plays in the same league
Too early to conclude but I like what I have been seeing in Bassey this season for club and country
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:43 am IMO, the best Nigerian central defenders are Igoh Ogbu and Gabe Osho, and it’s ironic that they’re not involved with the SE and unlikely to be selected for AFCON
Ogbu’s omission I can’t understand, but Osho is only just popping up on the radar and there will be many like me who would rather watch for now because he hasn’t stood out as far as I am concerned.
How else can Osho stand out after keeping Salah and Rashford quiet in successive matches?
That Osho guy is not a solution oh.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:50 pm
It takes more than two matches to fully assess a player. The same Luton has been chopping goals before their last two games.

This is how we start to call players world class after a couple of games. Boniface, Moffi, Orban are typical examples. Very average players who flatter to deceive.
He was injured in the earlier part of the season and has only played in Luton’s last 3 matches and played the full 90 minutes in the last two matches. His presence has stabilised the Luton Town defence and he’s much better than Bassey, who plays in the same league
...another thing is, these are players understand their team mates (at club level), at SE the players don't understand each other even when they pretend to.
2 or 3 days together doesn't gel a team, especially when they are foreign based looking to show off what they brought back from abroad to hungry folks at home.
Note, you saw how that local base goalie was snubbed at the training facility gate, if na a foreign based player no be siren and police go dey wail all the way in.
You seem so preoccupied with this local vs foreign players fallacy.
It makes no sense.
Why don’t we just load up the bulk of our ‘hungry’ CHAN team if it was so straightforward?
Stick Osimhen and Boni up front and leave the rest to God.

Oh wait!…:taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You realize this site is dedicated to the support of the same Nigeria football, right? I am just wondering, what's the rational for making the announcement here when Ghanaweb would have been the perfect platform for such announcement. Just saying...
soma wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:23 pm I lost interest in Nigeria football years ago, hardly follow our players and can hardly name seven starters. Gave up since we sacked Siasia years ago.
A country that fields Uzoho, Ajayi has no business at the World Cup. Iwobi is not a center midfielder and Onyeka although not good enough being a lone defensive midfielder what do you expect.
Last edited by 1naija on Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:37 pm You realize this site is dedicated to the support of the same Nigeria football, right? I am just wondering, what's the rational for making the announcement here when Ghanaweb would have been the perfect platform for such announcement. Just saying...
soma wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:23 pm I lost interest in Nigeria football years ago, hardly follow our players and can hardly name seven starters. Gave up since we sacked Siasia years ago.
A country that fields Uzoho, Ajayi has no business at the World Cup. Iwobi is not a center midfielder and Onyeka although not good enough being a lone defensive midfielder what do you expect.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:37 pm You realize this site is dedicated to the support of the same Nigeria football, right? I am just wondering, what's the rational for making the announcement here when Ghanaweb would have been the perfect platform for such announcement. Just saying...
You can care about something, but be upset about how it is being managed.

That seems to be the case with SOMA, given that he names 4 players while making a random point in the next statement.

He may have lost hope, and maybe even 'interest' from a standpoint of positive emotions, but he still follows, and would be happy if things were much better.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He said lost hope years ago, I have no problem with that. I am just wondering his choice of platform to announce that on. That's like going to Mickie Ds and annoncing your disgust for fast foods.
truetalk wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:06 pm

That seems to be the case with SOMA, given that he names 4 players while making a random point in the next statement.

He may have lost hope, and maybe even 'interest' from a standpoint of positive emotions, but he still follows, and would be happy if things were much better.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Like you; brother Soma, I don't watch our games anymore. I am scared to do so, else only God knows. It's very scary to me
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:56 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:51 pm Poor marking by out defenders. Can't blame Uzoho.
KPOM. This had nothing to do with Uzoho.
The guy who scored ran in from the 6.
Iheanacho was the one closest to him and should have picked him up when he made the run.
But it is a tale of how the players play when playing for the national team. Few of them have any sense of urgency. Starting with the guy who lost the ball in midfield non-challantly, that led to the sequence of dead ball situations for Lesotho.

It then goes back to coaching. If you don't pay attention to details and chastise them in practice about paying attention and about details, they will carry it into games.

Defending is not just about tactics or strategy but a willingness to do it. Don't mark space when you are not doing zonal marking. Watch the runner... pay attention to your surroundings. If as a professional you don't know these basic things, there's nothing a coach can do but to find someone who pays attention to such details.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

While someone should have picked up the scorer who ghosted in from outside the 6 box, The goalkeeper's decision was insane.

He was standing in the 6-yard box before the corner, and as soon as the dead ball was kicked, he retreated back to the goal line. Had he stayed where he was, he would have easily tracked the ball down and saved it before it got to its final destination
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

The guy said he has lost interest since Siasia was let go, which was in 2016, and then proceeded to give a good analysis of a few current players :rotf: :rotf:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

packerland wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:47 pm

The guy said he has lost interest since Siasia was let go, which was in 2016, and then proceeded to give a good analysis of a few current players :rotf: :rotf:
Siasia is coming back next year!
I am happy
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:51 pm Poor marking by out defenders. Can't blame Uzoho.
Exactly, even though i only saw highlights of the goal, in the words of Gotti, Uzoho was just as efficient as a trash bin. wahala no dey sha.

Naija football is dead. :cry:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

100%Naija wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:39 pm
Exactly, even though i only saw highlights of the goal, in the words of Gotti, Uzoho was just as efficient as a trash bin. wahala no dey sha.

Those saying can’t blame Uzoho are real dumb asssees; I guess you can’t blame chief of defense staff for any fiasco caused by his military. You can’t blame the coach for his players ineptitude either.
Uzoho is responsible for organizing his defense is a corner kick and spotting any danger before the ball is kicked. Uzoho isn’t capable of that job position. He has failed us over and over. That one Ivorian keeper we beat to win Afcon failed civ over and over regardless and was booted eventually
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:22 pm
The guy who scored ran in from the 6.
Iheanacho was the one closest to him and should have picked him up when he made the run.
But it is a tale of how the players play when playing for the national team. Few of them have any sense of urgency. Starting with the guy who lost the ball in midfield non-challantly, that led to the sequence of dead ball situations for Lesotho.

It then goes back to coaching. If you don't pay attention to details and chastise them in practice about paying attention and about details, they will carry it into games.

Defending is not just about tactics or strategy but a willingness to do it. Don't mark space when you are not doing zonal marking. Watch the runner... pay attention to your surroundings. If as a professional you don't know these basic things, there's nothing a coach can do but to find someone who pays attention to such details.
Well I'm not surprised it was Lazy man Kels.

The laziest most useless "big man football" player on the pitch.

The sooner we get rid of this guy the better.

His occasional goal here and there does not hide the fact that he leaves us minus 1.

Playing him on the wings is even dumber.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:23 pm

...another thing is, these are players understand their team mates (at club level), at SE the players don't understand each other even when they pretend to.
2 or 3 days together doesn't gel a team, especially when they are foreign based looking to show off what they brought back from abroad to hungry folks at home.
Note, you saw how that local base goalie was snubbed at the training facility gate, if na a foreign based player no be siren and police go dey wail all the way in.
It makes no sense.
Why don’t we just load up the bulk of our ‘hungry’ CHAN team if it was so straightforward?

...like it was noted earlier here, Lesotho don't even have a football club that can compete on the continent much less beat a Nigerian club. So why would their no-name club minnows give our European based super stars a torrid time, scoring first too. It's not like we scored and scored, and they score a consolation goal.
Go see how the USA dealt with their Caribbean minnow T&T yesterday.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:58 pm
100%Naija wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:39 pm

Those saying can’t blame Uzoho are real dumb asssees; I guess you can’t blame chief of defense staff for any fiasco caused by his military. You can’t blame the coach for his players ineptitude either.
Uzoho is responsible for organizing his defense is a corner kick and spotting any danger before the ball is kicked. Uzoho isn’t capable of that job position. He has failed us over and over. That one Ivorian keeper we beat to win Afcon failed civ over and over regardless and was booted eventually
I think you’re talking about Boubacar Barry. He was a basket like Uzoho but he eventually came through for them. I believe he got lucky and saved a penalty in the 2015 AFCON finals against Ghana.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:28 pm

It makes no sense.

...like it was noted earlier here, Lesotho don't even have a football club that can compete on the continent much less beat a Nigerian club. So why would their no-name club minnows give our European based super stars a torrid time, scoring first too. It's not like we scored and scored, and they score a consolation goal.
So why not let’s do what I’ve suggested and use the ‘stronger’, ‘hungry’, ajepaki local players? Let them show all these spoilt ajebota ‘foreign’ prima donnas how it is done.
After all, on the African continent there is ample evidence that our local players, clubs and our all-conquering CHAN team are more likely to deliver, right?
Right?
You no answer? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My brother, there’s obviously an illness, but your diagnosis has no basis.
It’s like a doctor telling Chukwuolu that his diabetes is caused by him eating mashed potato instead of pounded yam.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:55 am

It makes no sense.

So why not let’s do what I’ve suggested and use the ‘stronger’, ‘hungry’, ajepaki local players? Let them show all these spoilt ajebota ‘foreign’ prima donnas how it is done.
After all, on the African continent there is ample evidence that our local players, clubs and our all-conquering CHAN team are more likely to deliver, right?
Right?

It’s like a doctor telling Chukwuolu that his diabetes is caused by him eating mashed potato instead of pounded yam.
...well let us then settle and continue on with foreign-whatever, coach players.
After all the former nfa mugu chief have strongly rubber stamped it, it must be foreign for everything Nigerian football.
Na we go dey suffer the shame and heartache when these minnows come screw us for our own field, or anywhere.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:07 am

It makes no sense.

Right?

...well let us then settle and continue on with foreign-whatever, coach players.
After all the former nfa mugu chief have strongly rubber stamped it, it must be foreign for everything Nigerian football.
Na we go dey suffer the shame and heartache when these minnows come screw us for our own field, or anywhere.
All I am saying is if you can’t identify where the problem is, you’ll never find a solution.

You are running with a foreign vs local mindset.
There’s no evidence that is where the problem is.
One word: CHAN.

What is the problem there? No foreign-borns inside.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:15 pm

It makes no sense.

Right?

All I am saying is if you can’t identify where the problem is, you’ll never find a solution.

Damunk

Is that what he stated or your interpretation? Are you not concerned that we used the hyped Euro players against boys who are from clubs that cannot compete with our local clubs and we still failed? Are you not concerned? What is your solution given that scenario , beyond the local v foreign as you put it. What is your solution?

I ask for solution that is effective and not merely call up Foreign based and hope African opposition will lay down in defeat. We already know it does not work that way.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:05 pm
mcal wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:50 pm ...another thing is, these are players understand their team mates (at club level), at SE the players don't understand each other even when they pretend to.
It makes no sense.

Right?

Damunk

Is that what he stated or your interpretation? Are you not concerned that we used the hyped Euro players against boys who are from clubs that cannot compete with our local clubs and we still failed? Are you not concerned? What is your solution given that scenario , beyond the local v foreign as you put it. What is your solution?

I ask for solution that is effective and not merely call up Foreign based and hope African opposition will lay down in defeat. We already know it does not work that way.
So you are calling not to “merely” call up foreign-based players to address the problem?
What exactly is the identified problem and what does that statement even mean?
What is “merely” about the way SE players are invited?

Everyone is looking to identify the problem in order to find the solution.
What is your solution, other than to “not merely call up FBs”? :idea:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:05 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:23 pm You seem so preoccupied with this local vs foreign players fallacy.
It makes no sense.

Right?

Damunk

So you are calling not to “merely” call up foreign-based players to address the problem?
What exactly is the identified problem and what does that statement even mean?
What is “merely” about the way SE players are invited?

Everyone is looking to identify the problem in order to find the solution.
What is your solution, other than to “not merely call up FBs”? :idea:
Unfortunately, my solution has never been to merely call up locally-based players nor has it ever been to exclude them.

What is your solution?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics