Everything resets

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Everything resets

Post by highbury »

If South Africa manages to secure a draw against Benin, I hope that comes to pass. However, if there's a need to consider a coaching change, now would be the time. Algeria took this step and saw success. I question the decision to stick with too many strikers. Only 4 is more than enough to be on the team list to be invited for the WC qualifer games — why not focus on strengthening our midfield, which seems to be lacking?

Here are my suggestions:

Consider a coaching change after this round, or retain the current coach if deemed necessary. Effective communication is key, and the current coach's language barrier might be hindering understanding with the players.

Alex Iwobi may not be the player to lead us to success; his performance seems average at best.

Given the apparent difficulty in finding foreign-based midfielders, consider a midfield composed entirely of home-based players. Any squad lacking an adequate number of midfielders is a serious issue.

Winning in Zimbabwe is crucial for our qualification. Anything less than a victory could jeopardize our chances.

Start with higher intensity from the beginning. The lackadaisical approach in the first half is unacceptable and needs immediate improvement.

While the coach may have a good understanding of football, there's a clear issue with communication that needs to be addressed.
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Everything resets

Post by niyi »

Day 1, 2006 WC Qualifier and we have already begun drawing up permutations, if/then analysis and praying for rival teams to lose and draw.

Since I was born and now I am getting old,
I have never seen Nigeria changeth
Brothers have you seen it?
No no no no since I was born I have never seen Nigeia changeth
Sisters have you seen it?
No no no no since I was born I have never seen Nigeria changeth ....
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

niyi wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:11 am Day 1, 2006 WC Qualifier and we have already begun drawing up permutations, if/then analysis and praying for rival teams to lose and draw.

That is the story of SE fans :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:22 am
niyi wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:11 am Day 1, 2006 WC Qualifier and we have already begun drawing up permutations, if/then analysis and praying for rival teams to lose and draw.

That is the story of SE fans :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: the culture of losing is embedded in the history. tufiakwa!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

highbury wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:03 am If South Africa manages to secure a draw against Benin, I hope that comes to pass. However, if there's a need to consider a coaching change, now would be the time. Algeria took this step and saw success. I question the decision to stick with too many strikers. Only 4 is more than enough to be on the team list to be invited for the WC qualifer games — why not focus on strengthening our midfield, which seems to be lacking?

Here are my suggestions:

Consider a coaching change after this round, or retain the current coach if deemed necessary. Effective communication is key, and the current coach's language barrier might be hindering understanding with the players.

Alex Iwobi may not be the player to lead us to success; his performance seems average at best.

Given the apparent difficulty in finding foreign-based midfielders, consider a midfield composed entirely of home-based players. Any squad lacking an adequate number of midfielders is a serious issue.

Winning in Zimbabwe is crucial for our qualification. Anything less than a victory could jeopardize our chances.

Start with higher intensity from the beginning. The lackadaisical approach in the first half is unacceptable and needs immediate improvement.

While the coach may have a good understanding of football, there's a clear issue with communication that needs to be addressed.
You sef no wish us well. You wan Mek we bring out algebraic calculator after the first round? Abeg, that calculator has been deposited at the confessions box in the Vatican. It will be washed with the blood of Jesus and be kept there until at least rd 5. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:03 am If South Africa manages to secure a draw against Benin, I hope that comes to pass. However, if there's a need to consider a coaching change, now would be the time. Algeria took this step and saw success. I question the decision to stick with too many strikers. Only 4 is more than enough to be on the team list to be invited for the WC qualifer games — why not focus on strengthening our midfield, which seems to be lacking?

Here are my suggestions:

Highbury

First, South Africa game may have a winner, Not so? Secondly, a draw at home is vastly different from one away.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

To be honest, Peseiro’s SE record is atrocious. I don’t know how he got a new contract. And drawing at home to Lesotho??
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:49 am To be honest, Peseiro’s SE record is atrocious. I don’t know how he got a new contract. And drawing at home to Lesotho??
Deanotito

Is it really just about Peseiro? We had poor home results under Rohr before Peseiro was appointed. I fear that we are being shortsighted looking at just the manager. The rot is much deeper.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:55 am
deanotito wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:49 am To be honest, Peseiro’s SE record is atrocious. I don’t know how he got a new contract. And drawing at home to Lesotho??
Deanotito

Is it really just about Peseiro? We had poor home results under Rohr before Peseiro was appointed. I fear that we are being shortsighted looking at just the manager. The rot is much deeper.
You think it’s player dedication? Cause it certainly isn’t relative talent.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We got beat at home by CAR and Guinea-Bissau and drew with Siesra Leone and Ghana at home. Let's not sound as if we've been beating everybody lately.

We did not play poorly. We just couldn't convert our chances. This happens at times. For most of the second half, I didn't even see Uzoho in the Camera frame. That's how much we dominated the game. People need to stop overreacting. We will beat Zimbabwe on Sunday and everybody will calm down.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:39 am

Here are my suggestions:

You sef no wish us well. You wan Mek we bring out algebraic calculator after the first round? Abeg, that calculator has been deposited at the confessions box in the Vatican. It will be washed with the blood of Jesus and be kept there until at least rd 5. :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:43 am

Here are my suggestions:

Highbury

First, South Africa game may have a winner, Not so? Secondly, a draw at home is vastly different from one away.
Technically, you're right. But at least everyone will have 1 point each. That is easier to salvage
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:23 am We got beat at home by CAR and Guinea-Bissau and drew with Siesra Leone and Ghana at home. Let's not sound as if we've been beating everybody lately.

We did not play poorly. We just couldn't convert our chances. This happens at times. For most of the second half, I didn't even see Uzoho in the Camera frame. That's how much we dominated the game. People need to stop overreacting. We will beat Zimbabwe on Sunday and everybody will calm down.

Thank you my brother. Don’t mind the fickle heart fans. They are already shaking in their boots after just one game:lol: :lol:.

Uruguay stunned Argentina in Buenos Aires today. While Colombia came from behind to stun Brazil 2-1. Brazil, beaten 2-0 by Uruguay in October, losing back-to-back World Cup qualifiers for the first time ever. And they are all crying because of a draw. :rotf: :rotf:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

iworo wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:50 am
1naija wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:23 am We got beat at home by CAR and Guinea-Bissau and drew with Siesra Leone and Ghana at home. Let's not sound as if we've been beating everybody lately.

Thank you my brother. Don’t mind the fickle heart fans. They are already shaking in their boots after just one game:lol: :lol:.

Uruguay stunned Argentina in Buenos Aires today. While Colombia came from behind to stun Brazil 2-1. Brazil, beaten 2-0 by Uruguay in October, losing back-to-back World Cup qualifiers for the first time ever. And they are all crying because of a draw. :rotf: :rotf:
In South America, 7 of 10 teams qualify. In our group, one team qualifies. Can’t afford to drop points.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Synopsis wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:14 am

In South America, 7 of 10 teams qualify. In our group, one team qualifies. Can’t afford to drop points.
No, 2 teams qualify in the new expanded CAF WCQ format
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:21 am
Synopsis wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:14 am

No, 2 teams qualify in the new expanded CAF WCQ format
If I recall correctly, some of the 2nd place finishers go to a playoff.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Here are my suggestions:

Keep hoping. SA v Benin, there will be a winner. We are a poor team. Clueless. No fighters. bunch of weak aje butter kids, no clue on playing African football. Until we go back to what worked before, this new format is not going to take us anywhere. We only have one good player, and he is currently out injured
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cybereagles is a funny place. You stay here long enough and you’ll see people comparing Uruguay to Lesotho
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

It didn’t feel like he got a new contract. All the talks were about reducing his salary. It felt like they reduced his salary to keep the rest for themselves **i’m not accusing anyone, just expressing my feelings**
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija dey reset SE more than I reset my (made in Ghana) laptop
Last edited by Rawlings on Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:55 am
Deanotito

:thumb: This is an age long problem, and beyond coaching. in fact we concede goals with ease at any slightest opportunity from our opponent. Opponent don't need to create many chances to score us, even supposed minnows score us at the slightest opportunity.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

If we don't win tomorrow, Nigeria will not qualify for the World Cup
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:04 am If we don't win tomorrow, Nigeria will not qualify for the World Cup
Who needs enemies, with bad luck mouth like you. Learn to research. 21 to 24 points will win the group

Get your bad luck mouth out of here. You sound like VE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved