We are finished and a disgrace to Africa!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We are finished and a disgrace to Africa!

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Igugu wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:40 am Uzoho must be made to sit on the bench from now on.
It is time we started inviting the young lads plying overseas and Nigeria, and try them out. Let serious search begin now.
I don’t know about that. Goalkeeping isn’t a young man’s forte. Goalkeepers typically don’t start to mature till they are in their mid to late twenties. We should have kept Ezenwa and then transitioned to an older and more experienced keeper than Uzoho. Our young keepers got thrown into the fire before they had a chance to learn all the nuances of goalkeeping🤔❗️

Cheers.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:33 am
Odas wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:21 pm
Rawlings wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:08 am Naija do well
General Rawlings! Na you be dat? How body?
His Royal Highness, Odas
How bodi?
Congratulate Naija for me. 2 games 0 defeat.
Reverend Rawlings, the Super-eagles don really becom Super-chickins, as som pipul dey call dem since long taim a-gone.

According to you; Reverend, '2 games 0 defeat,' na actually two games and two defeats. Na so I see-am.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:02 pm You guys don’t realize that our group is very dangerous. We historically struggle with Southern Africa team - they play fast one touch football with nimble naturally gifted skillful players. Our group has at least 3 team from that region. Goodbye to 2026 WC. Not with this group of player. Not happening.
Goalgetter, certainly we are NOT doing good at all, or rather we have started the World cup qualifying games very badly which is unfortunate, but I think it's too soon to write-off our team.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Undertaker wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:59 pm Check out these results

Egypt vs Djibouti 6-0
Algeria vs Somalia 3-1
Mali vs Chad 3-1
Cameroon vs Mauritius 3-0
Tunisia vs Sao Tome 4-0
Congo DR Vs Mauritania 2-0
CIV Vs Seychelles 9-0

Super Chicken Dinner vs Prisoners 1-1? :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
This is called premature outcry. It's not how you start that's important, but how you finish. This new CAF 2026 World Cup qualifiers format is expected to be a protracted and demanding process. The favorite teams are poised to face a challenging journey. African soccer has undergone significant transformation, with the gap between minnows and heavyweights narrowing. While the journey may not be smooth for us, Nigeria is gonna top the group when all is said and done. The upside is that Nigeria has yet to lose a single game. Here are some surprise results for you and, anticipate more surprises in the years to come.

Rwanda 2 vs South Africa 0
Comoros 1 vs Ghana 0
Libya 1 vs Cameroon 1
Togo 0 vs Senegai 0
Botswana 1 vs Guinea 0
Mali 1 vs Central African Republic 1
Sudan 1 vs DR Congo 0
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

This is want I don’t comment much here anymore

So many drama queens here

We are a disgrace to Africa , come off it 😀
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

akamoke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:48 pm This is want I don’t comment much here anymore

We are a disgrace to Africa, come off it 😀
I see all the people stealing Nigeria's money are here now commenting! Enemy of progress! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:28 pm
akamoke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:48 pm This is want I don’t comment much here anymore

We are a disgrace to Africa, come off it 😀
I see all the people stealing Nigeria's money are here now commenting! Enemy of progress! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I give you Exxhibit A, your honor :thumb:
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

iworo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:49 pm

Egypt vs Djibouti 6-0
Algeria vs Somalia 3-1
Mali vs Chad 3-1
Tunisia vs Sao Tome 4-0
CIV Vs Seychelles 9-0

Super Chicken Dinner vs Prisoners 1-1? :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
This is called premature outcry. It's not how you start that's important, but how you finish. This new CAF 2026 World Cup qualifiers format is expected to be a protracted and demanding process. The favorite teams are poised to face a challenging journey. African soccer has undergone significant transformation, with the gap between minnows and heavyweights narrowing. While the journey may not be smooth for us, Nigeria is gonna top the group when all is said and done. The upside is that Nigeria has yet to lose a single game. Here are some surprise results for you and, anticipate more surprises in the years to come.

Comoros 1 vs Ghana 0
Libya 1 vs Cameroon 1
Togo 0 vs Senegai 0
Botswana 1 vs Guinea 0
Sudan 1 vs DR Congo 0

I DON'T BUY THAT "NARROWING GAP" THEORY

How come the same is not happening between the so-called giants of Africa and the world's best?
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

We are a disgrace to Africa , come off it 😀
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Please we need calm heads like you here.
Some of us can’t handle the avalanche of drama queens on our own.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bell wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:45 am
iworo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:49 pm

Egypt vs Djibouti 6-0
Algeria vs Somalia 3-1
Mali vs Chad 3-1
Tunisia vs Sao Tome 4-0
CIV Vs Seychelles 9-0

Comoros 1 vs Ghana 0
Libya 1 vs Cameroon 1
Togo 0 vs Senegai 0
Botswana 1 vs Guinea 0
Sudan 1 vs DR Congo 0

I DON'T BUY THAT "NARROWING GAP" THEORY

How come the same is not happening between the so-called giants of Africa and the world's best?
Bell
It is.

You are not aware of Morocco's semi final run ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

As much as we are all very emotional right now, I actually don't think everything is as doom and gloom as we think it is.

It's nothing new for Africa's top teams to draw on the road.

Zimbabwe played both their matches on that same pitch, while we had to travel. Conditions were not ideal.

Few things need to be done.

FIRST AND FOREMOST UZOHO MUST BE DROPPED FROM THE TEAM.

I dont know what Peseiro is waiting for bit clearly the team is not comfortable with him between the sticks. He is suffering from some kind of mental problem. His relationship with the team needs to be cut. Neither party is benefitting.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:57 pm As much as we are all very emotional right now, I actually don't think everything is as doom and gloom as we think it is.

Zimbabwe played both their matches on that same pitch, while we had to travel. Conditions were not ideal.

I dont know what Peseiro is waiting for bit clearly the team is not comfortable with him between the sticks. He is suffering from some kind of mental problem. His relationship with the team needs to be cut. Neither party is benefitting.
I think if we only drew on the road people wouldn’t be so emotional…I like how you ignored our home draw lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:10 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:57 pm As much as we are all very emotional right now, I actually don't think everything is as doom and gloom as we think it is.

I think if we only drew on the road people wouldn’t be so emotional…I like how you ignored our home draw lol
Bad result but our fate is still in our hands so I'm not too perturbed YET. Only good thing I look forward to is that Pisseiro's contract will be up in a few months right after the AFCON, our next WCQ game will be June of next year, just enough time for the new coach to know his players and bed in his plans (hopefully we get a friendly window before the WCQ).
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

But are you so certain we will fail in CIV ?

I am not. So long as Uzoho is DROPPED, I feel we can still do well.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

An Admin deleted a thread I started the other day for only God knows why. May be the anger still dey .
But here is what I think. Nigeria fails to understand that other teams are up to par. To think you can just
walk over teams because they are supposedly minnows on paper, or because your players play on such such and
such league is laughable at best. Nigeria needs to understand that no team will just seat and they walk over them.
It's not gonna happen. Those teams also have players playing in competitive and top teams too.
Plus when you add the passion of defending your country, it gets even tougher.
Football no be moi moi.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:45 pm An Admin deleted a thread I started the other day for only God knows why. May be the anger still dey .
But here is what I think. Nigeria fails to understand that other teams are up to par. To think you can just
walk over teams because they are supposedly minnows on paper, or because your players play on such such and
such league is laughable at best. Nigeria needs to understand that no team will just seat and they walk over them.
It's not gonna happen. Those teams also have players playing in competitive and top teams too.
Football no be moi moi.
Nobody would have just deleted your thread without informing you.
Maybe it was merged.
Don’t be lazy, just go look for it.
Or maybe you wrote it but never posted it.

The rest of your post is very on point IMHO.
PEOPLE KEEP REFERRING TO THE PAST AS IF FOOTBALL IS STATIC.
Even Keshi’s win was TEN years ago. A decade!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

some of yall are funny, let it sink in we drew at home to Lesotho...all of a sudden SA lost una don dey forget the fact we drew vs Lesotho at home...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:45 pm An Admin deleted a thread I started the other day for only God knows why. May be the anger still dey .
Football no be moi moi.
This doesn’t apply to the last two teams we played, they don’t have players in big leagues. This current team just sucks…Our last two meetings with Lesotho were walk overs.

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:09 pm
Football no be moi moi.
This doesn’t apply to the last two teams we played, they don’t have players in big leagues. This current team just sucks…Our last two meetings with Lesotho were walk overs.

Musa is useless. Look at the wide open sitter he missed. That own goal by Awaziem is probably why some of the coaches don’t trust him. His body wasn’t positioned right at all.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Football no be moi moi.

This bunch played far better football than the ones we have now, even though a couple of players in this current team were also regulars in this videos. Leon Balogun is definitely a player we missed in defence, provided leadership and cerebral defending than what we have now.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:57 am
Football no be moi moi.

This bunch played far better football than the ones we have now, even though a couple of players in this current team were also regulars in this videos. Leon Balogun is definitely a player we missed in defence, provided leadership and cerebral defending than what we have now.
Balogun is hall of famer to me as far as the SE is concerned. He made Ekong so much better when they played together. I cried when Argentina scored that goal against us knowing that it would probably be his last WC with us.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .