Crisis Mode - Future of our football

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Crisis Mode - Future of our football

Post by fabio »

Please provide constructive feedbacks and ideas on how to develop our football.

We have someone who can take our suggestions and ideas to the desk of the Sports Minister.

Thanks for your inputs.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Crisis Mode - Future of our football

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We had a long and productive post game zoom discussion after the Zimbabwe game and decided to open a thread on the future of our football and have members share ideas on the way forward. What should be done to make the SE a better team? How can we improve our sports administration, player and coaching development etc. We also committed to making sure that the ideas suggested in this thread will get to the Sports Minister , relative media houses, Eguavoen the technical director and actually concluded on a plan of action to deliver the ideas to the them.

Most of us here have put in years supporting SE, we know what the issues are,we have ideas that could help. As you already know; we have now hit rock bottom. We decided to finally do something impactful for the future of our football before we fade away into irrelevancy. It’s very important that we get as many serious contributions as possible, you never know who might read your ideas and what impact your ideas might have on them. WE’RE IN CRISIS MODE! Please, let’s SAVE our football. SHARE YOUR IDEAS!!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

3 or 4 Action items

- New players
, especially for Goal Keeping and Midfield. So in a country of close to 200 Million there is no one ball carry midfielder somewhere. Aribo is on the bench at 2nd division Southampton and it shows that he is rusty. He is meant to be the engine room of the team he was good initally but he has faded bad, his team mates dont have confidence in him as well.

Jamilu Collins gone as well.

Our most creative player is almost closer to Uzoho and the Center back how are we going to score.

Goal keeping
- Uzoho gone or relegated to 2nd or 3rd choice

Coach Jose - Gone, Replace with Oliseh or Finidi

His major problem is his stubbornness and his players has failed him. So he is taking the heat for not been decisive with removing the non performing player.

Also his formation and structure has not worked out.

Eguaveon - Gone, need new Technical Director. It can be an Ex International.

All this should be done promptly before December or else AFCON will be a shitshow
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Babadee wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:52 am 3 or 4 Action items

- New players
, especially for Goal Keeping and Midfield. So in a country of close to 200 Million there is no one ball carry midfielder somewhere. Aribo is on the bench at 2nd division Southampton and it shows that he is rusty. He is meant to be the engine room of the team he was good initally but he has faded bad, his team mates dont have confidence in him as well.

Our most creative player is almost closer to Uzoho and the Center back how are we going to score.

Goal keeping

His major problem is his stubbornness and his players has failed him. So he is taking the heat for not been decisive with removing the non performing player.

All this should be done promptly before December or else AFCON will be a shitshow
Babadee

As I see it, if Peseiro goes voluntarily meaning no debt is owed to him, the likely name to come up will be Amunike. However, emewhile he will get the team playing with intensity his ways do not lead to a long term holding the reins.

Beyond Amunike, knowing Nigeria, these appointments made be made based on other interests when it is a local appointment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

My suggestion: It's time for Naija to use local players and a local coach to continue the WCQ
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I tried to warn people on CE. Months ago. Sack him before it was too late. The WOWO s attacked me. Made a lot of excuses. The most upsetting part is the same people would attack the coach if he was a local coach. We have goal keepers in the local league right now that are better than Uzoho. But the coach would rather use an error prone bench warmer because he plays in Cyprus. We have to change our attitude. We need to develop the local league, Players that are not playing regularly at their clubs should not be invited. We need a coach that will live in Nigeria and will scout the local league. The coach will also coach the home based CAN.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:35 am My suggestion: It's time for Naija to use local players and a local coach to continue the WCQ
I think most of the players we had on the pitch are OK. But I agree with you that some local players should be in the team (especially those with African club competition experience). On the local coach, they will not be patient so it won't work.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

There is not much development in the team as a whole from when the coach took over till now - We need to see patterns of developmental changes as the team progresses from game to game.
The midfield especially is lacking and there hasn't been any growth in that department which is visible from how the SE play
All professional Nigerian players to be considered and not just focussing on players abroad irregardless of which league they play in since anything "foreign" is better and we will be considering the local league.
Our coach really needs to go on a course of some sort, dude is just seeing double at the moment
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:01 am I tried to warn people on CE. Months ago. Sack him before it was too late. The WOWO s attacked me. Made a lot of excuses. The most upsetting part is the same people would attack the coach if he was a local coach. We have goal keepers in the local league right now that are better than Uzoho. But the coach would rather use an error prone bench warmer because he plays in Cyprus. We have to change our attitude. We need to develop the local league, Players that are not playing regularly at their clubs should not be invited. We need a coach that will live in Nigeria and will scout the local league. The coach will also coach the home based CAN.
I agree with you that whoever coaches the SE should also coach the CAN team. He will be in a better position to know which players in the CAN team can be upgraded into the SE.
I believe there will be one or two gems in the CAN team and we cannot write off the entire team because of poor results
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:35 am My suggestion: It's time for Naija to use local players and a local coach to continue the WCQ
Things must be really slow on Ghanaweb🤐❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Dammy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:14 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:01 am I tried to warn people on CE. Months ago. Sack him before it was too late. The WOWO s attacked me. Made a lot of excuses. The most upsetting part is the same people would attack the coach if he was a local coach. We have goal keepers in the local league right now that are better than Uzoho. But the coach would rather use an error prone bench warmer because he plays in Cyprus. We have to change our attitude. We need to develop the local league, Players that are not playing regularly at their clubs should not be invited. We need a coach that will live in Nigeria and will scout the local league. The coach will also coach the home based CAN.
I agree with you that whoever coaches the SE should also coach the CAN team. He will be in a better position to know which players in the CAN team can be upgraded into the SE.
I believe there will be one or two gems in the CAN team and we cannot write off the entire team because of poor results
You are assuming that selections to the CAN team are made purely on merit. What a new coach should be made to commit to is scouting the local leagues intensely🤔❗️

Cheers.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

International windows where no match for the team has been scheduled should be used to get the players together and work on the teams weakness such on set plays, formation, fitness, communication & team bonding.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

- New players

Goal keeping

The players are okay and nobody should be discarded based on the coach’s performance.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Are we suggesting that Finidi and Salisu (add Eguavoen to that list) have no knowledge of the local players that would ultimately be invited for our CHAN team?
That sounds implausible bro.

Then why are they there?
Basically we are saying Finidi is either clueless or part of the corrupt system.
Which is an indictment on the one local coach that we all seem to be hanging our hopes on.

:idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Nigeria is a useless entity and all you see in its football is a manifestation of everything Nigerian. If you want to change anything, go home and sacrifice your life for nothing
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

It needs to be stripped right back.

We have no soul, no identity.

This cuts right across the administrators and players.

There has to be accountability even things like justifying team selection which is why an inner caucus can hold a nation to ransom by continuously inviting non deserving players.

Im happy to assist in putting together an action plan with the right people.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

niyi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:38 pm

- New players

Goal keeping

The players are okay and nobody should be discarded based on the coach’s performance.
Aribo that missed empty post is costing Jose his job

Uzoho that could not score a free kick from 50 yards is consisting jose his job

Also Jose playing Iwobi as a 6

Unfortunately Nigerias don’t won’t to agree they have a mediocre or less than average still relying on past glories of 1994-2000
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I feel for you guys. I feel bad myself, being a fan of the Super-Eagles.

I gave my 2 cents by showing what works for Croatia in a past thread. Short story: to be competitive, you need a decent league and associated network of academy teams offering coverage. That is the only way to produce a deep pipeline, from which some can make it to the big 5 leagues.

Croatia always gives every player coverage and opportunity. We don't eliminate you in age based competition. Talent and potential matter more than wins and scoring. Players develop differently.

You cannot rely on foreign born players alone. Croatia develops the majority in the local league. They get invaluable playing time, exposure, and experience. Croatia now has a 3rd decent team, Rijeka, complementing Dinamo and Hajduk. The league now gets decent foreign youth trying to make it as well...but not so many as to overwhelm the Croatians.

Croatia has out of this league and academy system the following:
* players like Modric, Gvardiol, Kovacic, Sutalo, etc who play in big 5 leagues.
* players in Croatia to round this out.
* identifying and getting Croatians raised abroad, like Rakitic and Stanisic. All you need is 2-3 and they make a big difference.

Bottom line: a decent league and associated academies.

By my reckoning, Croatia with 4M people has just as many footballers in top academies as the USA with 340M people. The Croatian league is basically as big as the MLS, hence even number of top academy clubs.

Hope this helps...because honestly, outside a league, I lack the creativity to suggest something else.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:59 am I feel for you guys. I feel bad myself, being a fan of the Super-Eagles.

I gave my 2 cents by showing what works for Croatia in a past thread. Short story: to be competitive, you need a decent league and associated network of academy teams offering coverage. That is the only way to produce a deep pipeline, from which some can make it to the big 5 leagues.

Croatia always gives every player coverage and opportunity. We don't eliminate you in age based competition. Talent and potential matter more than wins and scoring. Players develop differently.

You cannot rely on foreign born players alone. Croatia develops the majority in the local league. They get invaluable playing time, exposure, and experience. Croatia now has a 3rd decent team, Rijeka, complementing Dinamo and Hajduk. The league now gets decent foreign youth trying to make it as well...but not so many as to overwhelm the Croatians.

Croatia has out of this league and academy system the following:
* players like Modric, Gvardiol, Kovacic, Sutalo, etc who play in big 5 leagues.
* players in Croatia to round this out.
* identifying and getting Croatians raised abroad, like Rakitic and Stanisic. All you need is 2-3 and they make a big difference.

Bottom line: a decent league and associated academies.

By my reckoning, Croatia with 4M people has just as many footballers in top academies as the USA with 340M people. The Croatian league is basically as big as the MLS, hence even number of top academy clubs.

Hope this helps...because honestly, outside a league, I lack the creativity to suggest something else.
Are you taking to the Nigerians who strictly follow European leagues and argue loudly about “my team will beat your team this season” Yeah… Nigeria will surely become Croatia next year :laugh:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy,

It will be best to use the acronyms differently and correctly so it does not confuse readers. I was confused at first until I had to read it over again. CAN refers to the Cup for African Nations (CAN) which also goes by AFCON. On the other hand CHAN refers to the African Nations Championship which is played by homebased teams. Or use as Ohenhen1 used the term like Homebased CAN (Which he accurately used in place of CHAN)... I hope I am not the only one confused.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have to privatize the local league. Allow the 2nd division to use coverage players again but create a separate youth league.

The NFF is too political. That is why the wrong people are been appointed and they keep making the wrong choices. My recommendation is to run the NFF like a true business. No more elections to appoint people. The state governor's will appoint state FA chairman. The FA chairmen will form the NFF board. They 3ill meet to appoint the CEO. The CEO will run the organization.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:00 am We have to privatize the local league. Allow the 2nd division to use coverage players again but create a separate youth league.

The NFF is too political. That is why the wrong people are been appointed and they keep making the wrong choices. My recommendation is to run the NFF like a true business. No more elections to appoint people. The state governor's will appoint state FA chairman. The FA chairmen will form the NFF board. They 3ill meet to appoint the CEO. The CEO will run the organization.
Ohenhen1

This is not possible, at all.

Realize that NFF is affiliated to FIFA. FIFA abhors what you just wrote and it is FIFA that requires election to those posts. If you return to appointments by the government, that runs completely afoul of FIFA regulations and will lead to a ban without any doubt.

Is that what you want?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:41 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:00 am We have to privatize the local league. Allow the 2nd division to use coverage players again but create a separate youth league.

Ohenhen1

This is not possible, at all.

Realize that NFF is affiliated to FIFA. FIFA abhors what you just wrote and it is FIFA that requires election to those posts. If you return to appointments by the government, that runs completely afoul of FIFA regulations and will lead to a ban without any doubt.

Is that what you want?
What system is America using.? I haven’t heard of any election to appoint the US FA chief. Maybe design a system that allows for state level elections into national board that will select the CEO. Must be qualified to stand for office, The CEO is not a political appointment. The problem we have is the wrong people are been appointed and there is no accountability.