AMED MUSA BLOWS HOT ON BEING FoRCED OUT oF SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
AMED MUSA BLOWS HOT ON BEING FoRCED OUT oF SE

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMED MUSA BLOWS HOT ON BEING FoRCED OUT oF SE

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Simon Moses retire him on the left wing. He does have a point about Vic Moses, we would’ve had a better chance to qualify for the last WC with Vic Mo.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember when I said we will kick him out by hook, crook or by force and people laughed? They thought it was impossible and that he was too powerful. But one thing most of you have to learn is that I am very powerful and once I speak, things happen. Ask Damunk. :D

P.s-- Uzoho is next.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:05 am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember when I said we will kick him out by hook, crook or by force and people laughed? They thought it was impossible and that he was too powerful. But one thing most of you have to learn is that I am very powerful and once I speak, things happen. Ask Damunk. :D

P.s-- Uzoho is next.
Aribo as well please
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dude needs to get a life beyond SE.

Can he not just be happy with his 4 WC goals and his all time cap record ?

Seriously is that not enough ?

Dude is just a sore sore loser.

Get over it.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

What is he talking about? You can say Enyeama was retired but Victor and Mikel retired on their own. Musa has to learn when to bow out. Mikel was at the end of his career. Did we forget how we made fun of Mikel at AFCON when he looked slow & the island boys toyed with us?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Come on guy, he didn’t “blow hot”.
Na you dey add heat. :rotf:
He makes an interesting point, and putting him to one side (he no longer has the quality to grace the SE), there is a case for having experience in any team.
I don’t think any manager in the world would deny this.
But experience has to come with quality.

The big question is why do our top players tend to peak and then drop in their mid twenties?
Nacho, Ndidi, Iwobi, Moses, Uzoho are supposed to be really flying high by now.
I shudder to think that their best days are already behind them. God forbid.

And no, they are not ‘old’.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 am What is he talking about? You can say Enyeama was retired but Victor and Mikel retired on their own. Musa has to learn when to bow out. Mikel was at the end of his career. Did we forget how we made fun of Mikel at AFCON when he looked slow & the island boys toyed with us?
I think the greater point is why do we not have experienced players still performing at the top level and playing for the SE?
Musa is not the most eloquent of speakers but he was making two points in one
- ‘forced’ retirement
- the lack of experienced players

Like you said, Mikel and Moses made their own decisions. Mikel was also hounded though, but to a much less extent.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Super Eagles is not a charity program, we need to treat it like a private business. Musa it's never personal we cannot afford not to field the best players.

If you wanna show your veteran value, you're more than welcome to come in as a consultant/coach (through the proper channels)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...have we ever had a star retire gracefully? No, I think.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:09 am ...have we ever had a star retire gracefully? No, I think.
Victor Moses?
JJ?
Enyeama*?
Christian Chukwu
Segun Odegbami.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

We wanted Okocha to keep playing.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:28 am
mcal wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:09 am ...have we ever had a star retire gracefully? No, I think.
Victor Moses?
JJ?
Enyeama*?
Christian Chukwu
Segun Odegbami.
...the last 2 yes, others under some sort of cloud.
In fact, all these modern day abroad players will always bow out with question mark, so we will see more and more of this.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Victor Moses?
JJ?
Enyeama*?
Christian Chukwu
Segun Odegbami.
That one wouldnt know grace if it hits him in the face. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:46 am
He makes an interesting point, and putting him to one side (he no longer has the quality to grace the SE), there is a case for having experience in any team.

The big question is why do our top players tend to peak and then drop in their mid twenties?

its desire and determination. I think its been discussed in the past. Most African and even south American footballers - once they get to a certain level, they become comfortable there and have no desire to push through to the next level. We call it "lazy," but its actually contentment. :lol: They have achieved enough money to buy a few cars and houses, carry a few ashawos and their family has moved from the village to the city and now they are calm. There is no determination to "be the best!" And its not really a football thing, most Nigerians / Africans are like that. Unfortunately, most of our people have no desire to be the greatest!

Remember a few months ago? Osimhen was approached by Saudi Arabia? While Osimhen has the desire to be the best, many Nigerians, including Cybereagles members, demanded that he kills that dream and "go for the money?" Remember? My brother, our people are natural born losers with zero desire to be the best at what they do. THAT IS THE REASON MOST OF OUR PLAYERS PEAK EARLY! THERE IS NO DESIRE!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:27 pm

its desire and determination. I think its been discussed in the past. Most African and even south American footballers - once they get to a certain level, they become comfortable there and have no desire to push through to the next level. We call it "lazy," but its actually contentment. :lol: They have achieved enough money to buy a few cars and houses, carry a few ashawos and their family has moved from the village to the city and now they are calm. There is no determination to "be the best!" And its not really a football thing, most Nigerians / Africans are like that. Unfortunately, most of our people have no desire to be the greatest!

Remember a few months ago? Osimhen was approached by Saudi Arabia? While Osimhen has the desire to be the best, many Nigerians, including Cybereagles members, demanded that he kills that dream and "go for the money?" Remember? My brother, our people are natural born losers with zero desire to be the best at what they do. THAT IS THE REASON MOST OF OUR PLAYERS PEAK EARLY! THERE IS NO DESIRE!

Kpom!!!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I remember that very well and I was quietly disappointed by those that felt money should be his priority over everything else at such a young age.
He is probably already a millionaire and will likely be a multimillionaire in the next few years simply by following his current trajectory whilst developing himself.

So why are we surprised when Nigerian politicians are driven to steal and amass billions - money they can’t sensibly finish spending in three lifetimes. But they steal anyway because money is everything.

It’s the same mindset, comes from the same poverty centre somewhere in the brain…
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:05 pm

I remember that very well and I was quietly disappointed by those that felt money should be his priority over everything else at such a young age.
He is probably already a millionaire and will likely be a multimillionaire in the next few years simply by following his current trajectory whilst developing himself.

So why are we surprised when Nigerian politicians are driven to steal and amass billions - money they can’t sensibly finish spending in three lifetimes. But they steal anyway because money is everything.

It’s the same mindset, comes from the same poverty centre somewhere in the brain…
Even JayJay Okocha was urging him to take the Saudi money
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:54 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:05 pm

Even JayJay Okocha was urging him to take the Saudi money
My brother, I have always said it -- the biggest thing wrong with Nigeria is Nigerians.

Was it not here we were all sitting when Emir Kongi cried out in pain (with cartar all over his face) after the Falcon's loss - "Why cant we ever win big games??" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nigerians do not get it! They dont understand what it takes to win. The biggest deficiency we have is mentality. I mentioned it on the last Zoom call. The mentality of our players and the MENTALITY OF OUR FANS is so so so so wrong. Zero! We are mentally weak, mentally losers and mentally devoid of the determination it takes to win.

When I see people post here about wanting to be AFCON champions or win the world cup one day, I just laugh. We cant do it. Not because we do not have the talent to do it, we do! The problem is that "its all for mouth." When its time to get down and do the nitty gritty necessary to succeed, we do not have the capacity to do it.

Imagine, telling your best player in a generation to retire at 24 :lol: :lol: :lol: And you think you want to be successful?? Please! :lol:
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

What Musa is alluding is ... the typical Nigerian doesn't understand transitions on the field, and definitely off the field.

The German national team/program selects a player at 20-22 of age. Talented, raw, and inexperienced at performing at the highest level. Gets to mix, and play with the veterans. Hard won wisdom, techniques, belief, memory, etc. transferred by osmosis. Said player gets to play 2-3 world cups, and in turns becomes a veteran, and potentially provide on-, and off-field leadership. The player knows the lifecycle. 2-3 World cups. Multiple growth phases, and transitions in place. Finally move on. Create openings for another generation of players. Conveyor belt approach. Understood from day one by all stakeholders.

Compare it to the Nigerian Football program. Where do you even want to begin? Are there lessons learned after each administrative, coaching, and tournament (mis)adventures ? Lessons that the administrative component, coaches, and players latch unto? Political processes that enable questionable administrators/quacks to end up in executive positions. Coaches hired under dubious, self serving circumstances. Made to work in a dysfunctional environment. Players hit or miss selection/retention philosophy. Failure to learn, thrive. Basic errors repeated. Should one continue?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Victor Moses was forced to quit the team. Whatever transpired between him and Rohr needs to be brought out in the open. He was a big loss to Nigeria.
Victor Moses?
JJ?
Enyeama*?
Christian Chukwu
Segun Odegbami.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

1naija wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:38 pm Victor Moses was forced to quit the team. Whatever transpired between him and Rohr needs to be brought out in the open. He was a big loss to Nigeria.
Victor Moses?
JJ?
Enyeama*?
Christian Chukwu
Segun Odegbami.
If I recall correctly, he didn’t want to play wingback so he quit.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Musa finally made the bench yesterday. An improvement on weeks of not even making it.

His team was down since the 17th minute so they were always in need of "offensive reinforcements"

His team made 5 substitutions.

Musa was NOT one of them.