I think foreign born players are actually the problem

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasir
Egg
Egg
I think foreign born players are actually the problem

Post by ogasir »

A lot of these guys already have a sense of superiority because they were born and raised abroad, now when they play teams like Lesotho and Zimbabwe they already underate them thinking it’s gonna be a walk in the park until they get stunned and they find it hard to recover.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: I think foreign born players are actually the problem

Post by waka-man »

ogasir wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:43 am A lot of these guys already have a sense of superiority because they were born and raised abroad, now when they play teams like Lesotho and Zimbabwe they already underate them thinking it’s gonna be a walk in the park until they get stunned and they find it hard to recover.
Any evidence to support your position?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Uzoho has been our biggest problem, BY FAR.

Is he foreign born ?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:09 pm Uzoho has been our biggest problem, BY FAR.

Is he foreign born ?

Yes, he was born in " Basketland" the country is on Mars!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I nominate this thread for the dumbest thread ever in the history of CE! :thumbs:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: EMT! Dokinta! Nurse! Heeeeelppppp meeeee! I can't breathe! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We keep ignoring the OBVIOUS elephant in the room and blaming foreign born players:

1. A below average GK who shouldn't be anywhere close to the NT, but this is Nigeria.

2. A very subpar and outdated manager who still thinks 424/442 is the bread and butter of football in 2023.

3. The inexplicably daft invitation of ONLY 4 midfielders, we might be the only team left that still overloads its squad list with strikers and a criminally thin midfield which explains why we always play with a weird shape with players always played out of their natural positions: and it's not for lack of midfield options...just lazy scouting.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The problem is the NFF and the coach. The players didn't select themselves and didn't choose the system. The players didn't hire the coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

The Morocco, Senegal, and Algeria squad proves this thread is a joke.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Synopsis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:27 am The Morocco, Senegal, and Algeria squad proves this thread is a joke.
Yes it does.

The last 2 afcon winners and the first African WC semi Finalist.

And people are still talking about "blending homebased" as if we are still in 2013.

We have already been left behind in an African context.

It will only get worse as we keep making rash decisions based on outdated methods.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ogasir wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:43 am A lot of these guys already have a sense of superiority because they were born and raised abroad, now when they play teams like Lesotho and Zimbabwe they already underate them thinking it’s gonna be a walk in the park until they get stunned and they find it hard to recover.
Any evidence to support this, or is this you projecting? :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Synopsis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:27 am The Morocco, Senegal, and Algeria squad proves this thread is a joke.
:thumbs:

We have plenty clowns on this forum.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Excellent point! Couldn't agree more.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Look at all of una yabbing the bobo... your FCs are in DIV 2.. your FB who wears the number 10 jersey is a bench warmer for Southampton. Let that sink in.... the number 10 of the SE is a bench warmer in a DIV 2 league...smh

We should call a spade a spade , the abroad recruits have failed woefully with the SE.. When you have such making your squad, you get the results we've been experiencing , keep focusing on abroad recruits, at the long run we go see how the thing be

Don't start mixing them up, at this rate we may never get another Samu, Osimhen etc..since nah only LONDON una like to recruit players from
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

:agree:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

While I don't agree with the OP. No it doesn't.

What do foreign born Moroccans have in common with foreign born Nigerians? They are culturally very different. Moroccans for one largely live in Netherlands, France etc just off the top of my head.

Nigerian foreign born players live mostly where? England? Germany? Not to mention how they are raised by their families etc.

We cannot make straight comparisons. It is apples and oranges.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

You are absolutely wrong. While there is a case for considering more home based players for African qualifying games, it is nonsense to say that foreign players collectively feel superior and underrate lower ranked teams. Iwobi grew up in the UK and he was good in both games. Uzoho was abysmal.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:06 pm
Any evidence to support this, or is this you projecting? :rotf:

:oops:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:38 am
You are absolutely wrong. While there is a case for considering more home based players for African qualifying games, it is nonsense to say that foreign players collectively feel superior and underrate lower ranked teams. Iwobi grew up in the UK and he was good in both games. Uzoho was abysmal.
I read things like this and shake my head. Why must we think because someone is born overseas that he cannot be committed? Or conversely because someone is homebased, he cannot be good? Or someone is not Big This he cannot be good? These labels make little sense. Allow people to come and compete and let the best INDIVIDUAL win! The invitation is for individual and not FB or HB or BIG 5 or that.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:26 pm
I read things like this and shake my head. Why must we think because someone is born overseas that he cannot be committed? Or conversely because someone is homebased, he cannot be good? Or someone is not Big This he cannot be good? These labels make little sense. Allow people to come and compete and let the best INDIVIDUAL win! The invitation is for individual and not FB or HB or BIG 5 or that.
Not “Under the Bridge” as well! :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:47 pm
No discrimination.

What matters is whether the individual can play or not. That is the only important thing. Everything else is BS.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:29 pm
Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:47 pm
No discrimination.

What matters is whether the individual can play or not. That is the only important thing. Everything else is BS.
Top 5 European league is where the best players feature, looking under the bridge is BS.
I am happy