5 Goals in 1 Game - 17 year Old Yusuf Abdullahi Announces himself in the NPFL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
5 Goals in 1 Game - 17 year Old Yusuf Abdullahi Announces himself in the NPFL

Post by Sunset »

Kid has a sweet left foot
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 5 Goals in 1 Game - 17 year Old Yusuf Abdullahi Announces himself in the NPFL

Post by Lolly »

Let me go and check if he was called up to the last U17s.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 5 Goals in 1 Game - 17 year Old Yusuf Abdullahi Announces himself in the NPFL

Post by Lolly »

Reminds me of a young Ahmed Musa.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

One to keep an eye on for sure
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: U20 callup loading
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

From this video, he appears to have pace but one has to see other videos to consider him one that is likely to score a ton of goals in a season. This may be a one time thing because how many times will teams give him acres of space as he enjoys here? It appears that breaking into the big league and not a familiar face with opponents may have helped. Well, we should follow his exploits going forward.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:46 am From this video, he appears to have pace but one has to see other videos to consider him one that is likely to score a ton of goals in a season. This may be a one time thing because how many times will teams give him acres of space as he enjoys here? It appears that breaking into the big league and not a familiar face with opponents may have helped. Well, we should follow his exploits going forward.
You should watch a full 90 minutes of him if you want to fully asses his strengths IMO. I already had him as one to watch since his performance vs Sporting Lagos where he did everything except put the ball in the net. Not to mention he’s keeping the more experienced duo of Mustapha Salisu and Ibrahim Abdullahi (U20 WC squad player) on the bench.

The thing that makes this feat more impressive IMO is it was an away fixture and Kano Pillars who are notoriously bad travellers managed to get their first away victory (points) with all goals scored by the same player who’s the 2nd youngest to make an appearance so far in the league
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Definitely one to watch. That his second goal was beautiful.
Long range - that’s what we are looking for nowadays!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:46 am From this video, he appears to have pace but one has to see other videos to consider him one that is likely to score a ton of goals in a season. This may be a one time thing because how many times will teams give him acres of space as he enjoys here? It appears that breaking into the big league and not a familiar face with opponents may have helped. Well, we should follow his exploits going forward.
True but for a 17 yr old, it is impressive nonetheless, even if he doesn’t end up amongst the league’s top scorers at the end of the season.
Any 17 yr old that scores 5 goals in his debut season has done well.
In fact, very well.
Unless of course you are suggesting it’s “no big deal”, which totally negates everything you have said about the quality of the NPFL. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:33 am
You should watch a full 90 minutes of him if you want to fully asses his strengths IMO. I already had him as one to watch since his performance vs Sporting Lagos where he did everything except put the ball in the net. Not to mention he’s keeping the more experienced duo of Mustapha Salisu and Ibrahim Abdullahi (U20 WC squad player) on the bench.

The thing that makes this feat more impressive IMO is it was an away fixture and Kano Pillars who are notoriously bad travellers managed to get their first away victory (points) with all goals scored by the same player who’s the 2nd youngest to make an appearance so far in the league
It will be good to see a full game. I am going by the clip and that is why I want to see more. I see acres of space and wonder.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:41 am
True but for a 17 yr old, it is impressive nonetheless, even if he doesn’t end up amongst the league’s top scorers at the end of the season.
Any 17 yr old that scores 5 goals in his debut season has done well.
In fact, very well.
Unless of course you are suggesting it’s “no big deal”, which totally negates everything you have said about the quality of the NPFL. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk

No one states that he has not done well. That is obvious. The question is does this performance indicate he can do it again. Not all the goals but dominance? That is precisely why I want to see more. If he can then he is worthy of a serious look in. 4 goals? That no be chicken change ooo?
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Age is in question as per Naija standards. 17, 18, 22.

Yusuf Abdullahi
Yusuf Abdull..
Niger Tornadoes
Nigeria
PLAYER INFO
Name
Yusuf Abdullahi
Position
ST
Foot
Right
Length
180 CM
Weight
0 KG
Caps / Goals
0 / 0
Unique ID

CONTRACT
Sell value
€ 22,030
Wages
€ 120 pw
Contract end
2023-09-01

BEST ROLES (SUITABLE)
Poacher (Attack)53.5
Advanced Forward (Attack)51.6
Trequartista (Attack)49.4
Complete Forward (Attack)47.8
Target Man (Attack)47.8
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

folem wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:11 pm Age is in question as per Naija standards. 17, 18, 22.

Yusuf Abdullahi
Yusuf Abdull..
Niger Tornadoes
Nigeria
PLAYER INFO
Name
Yusuf Abdullahi
Position
ST
Foot
Right
Length
180 CM
Weight
0 KG
Caps / Goals
0 / 0
Unique ID

CONTRACT
Sell value
€ 22,030
Wages
€ 120 pw
Contract end
2023-09-01

BEST ROLES (SUITABLE)
Poacher (Attack)53.5
Target Man (Attack)47.8
Two different players, for those who don’t know it’s a very common name in the Northern region
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...he's gonna be a marked player as the season go on by other teams seeing his exploits here.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would like to watch him more. I do wonder if he can cross or deliver balls in the box, and whether he can also play on the left or even centrally.

Looks like he should be in the next U20 or the next homebased eagles squad. P.S: that 5 goal performance will probably be his best performance ever in his professional career. It's very rare for any player to score 5 goals in a game.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:25 am

It will be good to see a full game. I am going by the clip and that is why I want to see more. I see acres of space and wonder.
There are enough to pick from the camera angles aren't the best but it's what we have. He's #28

vs Katsina:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 3d536669c/

Rivers:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 701c5acaa/

Bayelsa:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... c59254a6c/

Sporting Lagos: https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 0721efbfb/

Enyimba:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... fb69b9c42/

3SC:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 36ed7fd0d/

Bendel:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... dfd531541/

Gombe:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 95cbb3575/
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

His off-ball running is also clever and impressive hence why it might look like he was afforded lots of space.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset,

Thanks!!!

Sunset wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:49 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:25 am

There are enough to pick from the camera angles aren't the best but it's what we have. He's #28

vs Katsina:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 3d536669c/

Rivers:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 701c5acaa/

Bayelsa:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... c59254a6c/

Sporting Lagos: https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 0721efbfb/

Enyimba:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... fb69b9c42/

3SC:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 36ed7fd0d/

Bendel:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... dfd531541/

Gombe:
https://propelsports.watch.pixellot.tv/ ... 95cbb3575/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset,

I was able only to access a few of the links but could not access the rest because of a block.

In any case, I see that the kid is quite fast and has good control and is very direct. His dribbling is not unique . He rely basically on his pace. In my view, he will be a nightmare for a defense not familiar with him or if his team can create situations where he has space to use his pace. I wonder how he does with very physical defenders as looks like he needs to build up a bit but that is more likely because he is quite young still.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:37 pm
folem wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:11 pm Age is in question as per Naija standards. 17, 18, 22.

Yusuf Abdullahi
Yusuf Abdull..
Niger Tornadoes
Nigeria
PLAYER INFO
Name
Yusuf Abdullahi
Position
ST
Foot
Right
Length
180 CM
Weight
0 KG
Caps / Goals
0 / 0
Unique ID

CONTRACT
Sell value
€ 22,030
Wages
€ 120 pw
Contract end
2023-09-01

BEST ROLES (SUITABLE)
Poacher (Attack)53.5
Target Man (Attack)47.8
Two different players, for those who don’t know it’s a very common name in the Northern region
He transferred to Pillars from Tornadoes this season.

Yusuf Abdullahi - Tranfers

Code: Select all

DATE FROM TYPE TO FEE
30.09.2023 Niger Tornadoes ? Kano Pillars
07.05.2022 Wikki Tourist ? Niger Tornadoes
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

folem wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:43 pm
Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:37 pm

Yusuf Abdullahi
Yusuf Abdull..
Niger Tornadoes
Nigeria
PLAYER INFO
Name
Yusuf Abdullahi
Position
ST
Foot
Right
Length
180 CM
Weight
0 KG
Caps / Goals
0 / 0
Unique ID

CONTRACT
Sell value
€ 22,030
Wages
€ 120 pw
Contract end
2023-09-01

BEST ROLES (SUITABLE)
Poacher (Attack)53.5
Target Man (Attack)47.8
He transferred to Pillars from Tornadoes this season.

Yusuf Abdullahi - Tranfers

Code: Select all

DATE FROM TYPE TO FEE
30.09.2023 Niger Tornadoes ? Kano Pillars
07.05.2022 Wikki Tourist ? Niger Tornadoes
Incorrect. Flashscore is a helpful site for the most part but can be very unreliable with the lesser leagues, Abdullahi was promoted to Kano Pillars’ first team last season from their juniors and played a part in their promotion NNL campaign
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

https://www.transfermarkt.us/yusuf-abdu ... er/1200345

Folem, Transfrmakt is more reliable. I don't see any clubs aside from Kano Pillars. Also, the guy is a leftie while the other Yusuf you posted is right footed.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EXCLUSIVE: Sai Masu Gida Striker Yusuf Tsamage Departs To Norway
https://independentmirror.com/exclusive ... to-norway/

By Ahmad Hamisu Gwale On Jan 30, 2024

The Kano Pillars Football Club striker, Yusuf Abdullahi Tsamage, is reported to have departed to Norway for a trial with an undisclosed team.

The Independent Mirror reports that is an Exclusive from Kano Pillars revealed that, Tsamage left the country with his agent via Lagos international Airport on Saturday last week.

The 18-year-old Kano Pillars player Yusuf Abdullahi Tsamage, scored the five goals, with Kano Pillars thrashed Gombe United 5-2 in the Nigerian Premier Football League NPFL 2023/2024.

Yusuf scored in the 10th, 14th, 33rd, 45th and 60th minutes of the match day 11 fixture of the NPFL season, played at Pantami Township Stadium, Gombe.

It could be recalled that this is not the first time Tsamage left Nigeria, to an unspecified country for a trial, as he was said to have jetted outside the country last year for the same purpose.

“Tsamage left the country with his agent via Lagos international Airport on Saturday last week”

“But this is not the first time Yusuf Tsamage left Nigeria to another country for a trial, but our hope at this venture Tsamage to get the team,” a source told Independent Mirror.

Yusuf Abdullahi Tsamage, who is the highest goalscorer of Kano Pillars FC this season, has scored five goals this season.