Ndidi out of Afcon!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ndidi out of Afcon!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

They’ve both being released to the NFF for Afcon but it looks like both are likely to miss Afcon due to injury. Nacho has muscle issues and Ndidi didn’t play today. Major decisions have to made if both are not available. Coach Meresca has confirmed that both are not fit to play. Major decisions have to be made.

https://www.completesports.com/afcon-20 ... gles-duty/

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/13259 ... /#comments
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi & Nacho out of Afcon?

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I think Maresca and Leicester are just playing games. There was previously no report of a Fatawu injury but now it appears Maresca has been able to convince Ghana that he’s injured🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:05 am I think Maresca and Leicester are just playing games. There was previously no report of a Fataeu injury but now it appears Maresca has been able to convince Ghana that he’s injured🤔❗️

Cheers.
Yup. Didn’t know Ndidi was injured either, he didn’t play today. It’s now up to our team doctors who probably haven’t been paid in a yr.
OCCUPY NFF!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:05 am I think Maresca and Leicester are just playing games. There was previously no report of a Fataeu injury but now it appears Maresca has been able to convince Ghana that he’s injured🤔❗️

Cheers.
Fatawu asked to not be included, a 19 year old turning down an invitation, enzo must be quite convincing.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:16 am

Cheers.
Yup. Didn’t know Ndidi was injured either, he didn’t play today. It’s now up to our team doctors who probably haven’t been paid in a yr.
EGUNJE :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

iworo wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:27 am

Cheers.
Well, well.....we shall see hoe the NFF addresses this but NFF should have a physician check on this.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We can't afford to take chances on two injured players even though they are vital to us, I hope the NFF have qualified team doctors to access the extent of their injuries and have stand-by players ready to replace them if the news isn't so good...AFCON isn't the type of tournament to risk unfit players o!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:41 am
iworo wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:27 am

Cheers.
Well, well.....we shall see hoe the NFF addresses this but NFF should have a physician check on this.
They are indirectly telling you that our players can bribe our starved doctors if they don’t want to go. The clubs pay the players salary and that carries a lot of weight.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Nwakali and Moffi/Tella should be the the replacements.

But knowing Nigeria "big men" like Senior Man will use influence to go along for the ride even if injured.

Don't be surprised.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

If it turns out they can’t go, Nwakali and Fisayo should be called.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:53 am Nwakali and Moffi/Tella should be the the replacements.

But knowing Nigeria "big men" like Senior Man will use influence to go along for the ride even if injured.

Don't be surprised.
I’m sure you truly believe you know Iheanacho. Yours is really a case of delusional narcissism. You are exhibiting all the classical symptoms; an inflated sense of self-importance, an intense need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. You need to see a psychiatrist… for real🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:53 am Nwakali and Moffi/Tella should be the the replacements.

Don't be surprised.
The dancing midget allocation has already being awarded to Simon, Lookman and Chukwueze, adding Tella makes no sense. Also, there’re already 3 No 9s in Vic, Boniface and Sadiq.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hope they are fit and can play. But there is no excuse. The coach had time to build depth., Will not accept any excuses.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

I expect us to assess the severity of their injuries before making any decisions. If both are truly injured, and unable to be fit for the tournament, one of Kelechi Nwakali or Alhassan Yusuf will replace Wilfred Ndidi, while Terem Moffi replaces Kelechi Iheanacho.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:25 am

Don't be surprised.
I’m sure you truly believe you know Iheanacho. Yours is really a case delusional narcissism. You are exhibiting all the classical symptoms; an inflated sense of self-importance, an intense need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. You need to see a psychiatrist… for real🤔❗️

Cheers.
...American Trump to the T. Good description there :thumb:
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Own Goal is reporting that Alhassan Yusuf and Terem Moffi have been added to the squad (now 27 man squad) in the event Kelechi or Ndidi have to be withdrawn.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

The Observer wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:43 pm Own Goal is reporting that Alhassan Yusuf and Terem Moffi have been added to the squad (now 27 man squad) in the event Kelechi or Ndidi have to be withdrawn.
They should’ve done that in the first place. Kele has been injured for some weeks now. Ndidi might’ve just picked up his.

Either way, we need a capable replacement for Ndidi(injured or not). The guy is injury prone and has missed some crucial matches for us in the past.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

The Observer wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:43 pm Own Goal is reporting that Alhassan Yusuf and Terem Moffi have been added to the squad (now 27 man squad) in the event Kelechi or Ndidi have to be withdrawn.
If this is true then Kelechi Nwakali must have offended somebody big time.

I would have preferred an AM type player to act as cover for Iheanacho🤔❗️

Cheers.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damn, both are huge losses!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I hope they are both available. Wilf was seen playing pool a few hours ago. Both have been released for AFCON
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

There are reports online that it’s been confirmed that Ndidi is out of AFCON and Alhassan Yusuf called up as a replacement.
I’m pissed off with him. He never seems to know how to preserve himself and prioritise matches. He gets injured too often in meaningless matches and misses important matches for Nigeria. He’s unreliable as far as I’m concerned.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:48 pm There are reports online that it’s been confirmed that Ndidi is out of AFCON and Alhassan Yusuf called up as a replacement.
I’m pissed off with him. He never seems to know how to preserve himself and prioritise matches. He gets injured too often in meaningless matches and misses important matches for Nigeria. He’s unreliable as far as I’m concerned.
I'm personally more confident in a Yusuf-Iwobi-Onyeka midfied...Yusuf is an absolute baller who has the lungs of Onazi with significantly better passing attributes