Camp News

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Camp News

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:54 am What does he mean Naija like Performance?

BTW, Aina has been consistently solid for Nigeria since his first two games for Nigeria, against South Africa and Algeria when he was turned inside out by Algeria.

The real eye opener for me was Lookman. That was by far his best performance for Nigeria. He was so dangerous that CIV started doing hack-a-lookman on him anytime he touched the ball.
iworo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:34 pm
Bros

It was indeed naijalike by all the boys. It has been long we last saw that. In this game players gave 110 and were ready to BLEED and die for country. I personally had not seen that for a long time. However, I suspect we were going to see it against Ivory Coast and stated it here. We did. That is specifically what Oliseh refers to. If you did not feel it then I am sorry. Most of us saw it and it was like old times. The grit and the fight was there for all to witness.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:53 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:40 am Nice modest guy.

Hope he continues to o well
I noticed in the Ivory Coast game that he seemed good with his feet. We havent spoken about that.

He's very good with his feet and knowing how Peseiro likes to play with keepers who are good with their feet, this is one of the reasons he's starting.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:54 am What does he mean Naija like Performance?

BTW, Aina has been consistently solid for Nigeria since his first two games for Nigeria, against South Africa, and against Algeria when he was turned inside out by Algeria.

The real eye opener for me was Lookman. That was by far his best performance for Nigeria. He was so dangerous that CIV started doing hack-a-lookman on him anytime he touched the ball.
iworo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:34 pm

Oliseh has always been one to appreciate defensive performances. So no surprise about the players that he highlighted.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:40 pm
I beg someone help me transcribe wetin Peseiro talk for this video from minute 2:08. Watched it 3ce but still unable to make out all the words.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:13 pm
There were a couple of stupid self-centered and self-serving questions from some of these so-called reporters. Nevertheless, I appreciate the way the coach skillfully handled those questions, despite his limited mastery of the English language.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:59 pm
There were a couple of stupid self-centered and self-serving questions from some of these so-called reporters. Nevertheless, I appreciate the way the coach skillfully handled those questions, despite his limited mastery of the English language.
some of the journos are strange. They ask questions that makes no sense
SuperEagles

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:05 pm
iworo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:59 pm
some of the journos are strange. They ask questions that makes no sense
They are simply corrupt journalists posing questions on behalf of their beneficiaries.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

iworo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:42 pm
Dodo Mayama no dey age.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

AFCON 2023: Yusuf To Miss Super Eagles Clash Against Guinea-Bissau
Written by Leadership News 22 hours ago Sports

Alhassan Yusuf is expected to miss Nigeria’s Group A clash with Guinea-Bissau on Monday.

LEADERSHIP reports that Yusuf is yet to fully recover from the thigh injury he sustained in the Super Eagles opening fixture against Equatorial Guinea at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The 23-year-old also failed to recover in time for Nigeria’s 1-0 victory against Cote d’Ivoire on Thursday.

The Royal Antwerp midfielder is expected to be available for the next game in case the Super Eagles make it to the Round of 16.

The Eagles will face the Djurtus in their last group game at the Felix Houphouet Boigny Stadium in Abidjan next Monday.

They need just a point from the game to guarantee a place in the Round of 16.
https://leadership.ng/afcon-2023-yusuf- ... ea-bissau/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:40 pm
If these numbers are correct, then we can conclude that Yekini’s record won’t be broken in a very long time. Osimhen would have to play at least 2 more AFCONs and score an average of 4 per tourney including current one.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I think Uzoho’s SE career might be over. Well at least until Nwabili lets In one or two cheap goals.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:49 pm
Dodo Mayama no dey age.
Incredible. He looks the same. Same hair style even.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

so our players are dropping like flies. Well they said we didnt need more than 25 players and one spot should be reserved for a non-playing captain, right? Nigerians do love self-sabotage.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:29 pm so our players are dropping like flies. Well they said we didnt need more than 25 players and one spot should be reserved for a non-playing captain, right? Nigerians do love self-sabotage.
Give it a rest dude. You’re very boring and predictable.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:32 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:29 pm so our players are dropping like flies. Well they said we didnt need more than 25 players and one spot should be reserved for a non-playing captain, right? Nigerians do love self-sabotage.
Give it a rest dude. You’re very boring and predictable.
I have no issues with the post. We should have taken 27 players to afcon.