Arsenal 20yo declares international allegiance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Arsenal’s young goalkeeper Ovie Ejeheri has declared his intention to represent Nigeria at the international level, despite being eligible for England and Uganda.

Ovie Ejeheri, Arsenal‘s promising young goalkeeper, has made his international preference clear by expressing a strong desire to represent Nigeria, despite being eligible to play for two other nations.

Born in London, Ejeheri’s birthplace makes him eligible to represent England, and his Ugandan mother’s heritage opens the possibility of playing for Uganda.

However, the 20-year-old, who has been with Arsenal since joining their Under-9 team and advancing through their academy to sign his first professional contract in August 2021, feels a deep connection to Nigeria.

“I remember when we won the Africa Cup of Nations with Amuneke, that’s when I was young and I really love football back then so I was watching it a lot,” Ejeheri told Channel Television.

“One hundred percent, when I was watching that, it’s inspiring and I definitely want to be one of the goalkeepers to talk about for Nigeria in history forever so I’d definitely like to play.

“Last year I had a chance to [join an u20 Flying Eagles training camp], but unfortunately I was on loan so it was a bit of a hard decision but I had to stay to get men’s football.

“My dad’s from Nigeria, so obviously I ‘ve taken a lot from him. I love the food of course, I love the culture, church, music.

“There’s a lot to love about Nigeria and I definitely need to visit again because I haven’t visited in a long time. I can’t even remember when I visited last but hopefully this summer I’ll visit. I love Nigeria.”

https://dailycannon.com/2024/01/arsenal ... llegiance/
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal 20yo declares international allegiance

Post by iworo »

I remember when we won the Africa Cup of Nations with Amuneke, that’s when I was young and I really love football back then so I was watching it a lot,” Ejeheri told Channel Television.
Is there something I'm overlooking, or could there be a misquotation by Channel Television? The notion of a 20-year-old recalling events from 30 years ago is kinda puzzling. Had he not been born in London, I might have thought about something else :sneaky: :D .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

iworo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:17 pm
I remember when we won the Africa Cup of Nations with Amuneke, that’s when I was young and I really love football back then so I was watching it a lot,” Ejeheri told Channel Television.
Is there something I'm overlooking, or could there be a misquotation by Channel Television? The notion of a 20-year-old recalling events from 30 years ago is kinda puzzling. Had he not been born in London, I might have thought about something else :sneaky: :D .
He was probably talking about the U17 youth WC. You’re so old you can only remember the 94 team with Amunike. :laugh:

Anyway sha, Well done to the young man. Looks like he certainly has the pedigree and he’s smart enough to see where his future path will lay. Unlike some fools who’re almost 25yrs and still waiting for England to invite their hole village in Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I know exactly what you mean!
He probably watched the video on his father’s VHS tape player as a kid.

He’s almost 6’5” tall by the way.
Not sure who’s older between him and Arthur Okonkwo, the other Arsenal youth goalkeeper.
Arsenal youth ranks are insanely stacked with Nigerian kids - just like most other clubs in and around London.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Could he have been talking about Emmanuel Emenike in 2013, when the goalie would have been 10 years old and the reporter somehow wrote Amuneke?

Unfortunately, Amuneke didn't win the U16 AFCON in 2015 but won the WC. So, which is which?

Any case, this young goalie has to fail first with Arsenal as usual before he can to man our goal.
Last edited by anointed on Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:23 pm
He was probably talking about the U17 youth WC. You’re so old you can only remember the 94 team with Amunike. :laugh:

Anyway sha, Well done to the young man. Looks like he certainly has the pedigree and he’s smart enough to see where his future path will lay. Unlike some fools who’re almost 25yrs and still waiting for England to invite their hole village in Nigeria.
He specifically said "Africa Cup of Nations!"

Typical Arsenal player, you cant trust a word from their mouth. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anointed wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:28 pm
Could he have been talking about Emmanuel Emenike in 2013, when the goalie would have been 10 years old and the reporter somehow wrote Amuneke?

Unfortunately, Amuneke didn't win the U16 AFCON in 2015 but won the WC. So, which is which?

Any case, this young goalie has to fail first with Arsenal as usualt before he can to man our goal.
:woot:

By the way, why do you think he is a "young" goalie? Because he is in London?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Any case, this young goalie has to fail first with Arsenal as usualt before he can to man our goal.
Yeah, that makes more sense. He was 10 at the time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Any case, this young goalie has to fail first with Arsenal as usual before he can to man our goal.
I'm gonna go with your theory. It does seem somewhat plausible.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Emenike also won it 2013, which was 10 years ago. I often confuse the both names ( Amunike and Emenike). He or the reporter could have done the same.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

I think we got a top prospect here folks. There’s something about his presence in goal that’s just reassuring even though it’s only a YouTube highlight. Just look at how he handles the ball with his feet. Oya, I’ll sponsor anybody to Dubai right now to go and find a keeper in camp who’s,as good as this boy distributing the ball with his feet or as fundamentally sound. I’ve seen enough. Invite him pronto.
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:35 pm Emenike also won it 2013, which was 10 years ago. I often confuse the both names ( Amunike and Emenike). He or the reporter could have done the same.
Is there something I'm overlooking, or could there be a misquotation by Channel Television? The notion of a 20-year-old recalling events from 30 years ago is kinda puzzling. Had he not been born in London, I might have thought about something else :sneaky: :D
Why do u like to put k-leg in everything?
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

To make you feel comfortable with your K-Leg.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:38 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:35 pm Emenike also won it 2013, which was 10 years ago. I often confuse the both names ( Amunike and Emenike). He or the reporter could have done the same.
Is there something I'm overlooking, or could there be a misquotation by Channel Television? The notion of a 20-year-old recalling events from 30 years ago is kinda puzzling. Had he not been born in London, I might have thought about something else :sneaky: :D
Why do u like to put k-leg in everything?
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:23 pm

He specifically said "Africa Cup of Nations!"

Typical Arsenal player, you cant trust a word from their mouth. :oops:
@danfo driver: You are a crazy guy! Couldn't stop laughing 😂
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Uncle, this one is clearly an old age issue :woot:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

yes, we teenagers can't tell the difference.
anointed wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:49 pm
Uncle, this one is clearly an old age issue :woot:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Very welcomed development 🙌🏾
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Some one call Peseiro and get that boy on a flight to Dubai asap, don't even need to see any highlight - with all that training from being with Arsenal from U-9, he would be a great improvement on the present keeper
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I think he’s talking about the Amunike from the 2013 squad.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Abeg na wetin these grown men they argue about what a kid who do not even know Nigeria spewed, na wah for un oooo.
Like a reasonable comrade here above alerted. Someone please call paseiro ..Osiso...Kia kia...

I go even fund his flight ticket to Dubai.. now now.. See confident keeper with his leg work,,, you cant buy that wih Yam..
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Evacuate the city, Engage all our defences....and get this boy a ticket to Dubai.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.