NFF and shortsightedness

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
NFF and shortsightedness

Post by Enyi »

If I have £1m and someone offered me the chance to win $7m with very Good odds, would I gamble it?

I am thinking that this is the question facing NFF Chief at the moment…

Do I prepare this team and give them all they need to go after the $7m price….what if they lose? What if Peseiro bottles it? Can I gamble what I get now (bribes and sort) for that prize money?

I know it’s not their money but we all know that they will share it anyways?

If you are the NFF Chief and in a corrupt system what will you do?

I will gamble…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF and shortsightedness

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:43 am If I have £1m and someone offered me the chance to win $7m with very Good odds, would I gamble it?

Do I prepare this team and give them all they need to go after the $7m price….what if they lose? What if Peseiro bottles it? Can I gamble what I get now (bribes and sort) for that prize money?

I will gamble…
I see your point but the highlighted debunks your argument.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:43 am If I have £1m and someone offered me the chance to win $7m with very Good odds, would I gamble it?

I will gamble…
How can Nigeria /Supereagles make progress with such mindset?

In football one million dollars is change

The Dubai camping will swallow maybe half of it
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Babadee wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:47 am

I will gamble…
How can Nigeria /Supereagles make progress with such mindset?

In football one million dollars is change

The Dubai camping will swallow maybe half of it
So do u save the remaining half instead of investing it for the $7m
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:08 am

I will gamble…
Even if the system is corrupt, there must be someone with a little bit of sense - to aim for the $7m

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:09 am

I will gamble…
Even if the system is corrupt, there must be someone with a little bit of sense - to aim for the $7m
The NFF owes much more than $7m to its players and coaches and it doesn’t include administrative debt.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I will gamble…
That’s what Pinnick did before the WCQ. He wanted that FIFA money so bad he organized a players meeting in London, assembled the best ballers we had at that time despite zero chemistry between them. He put the players in the best hotel in the country and so on.

In the end he found out that early preparation and not imposing players on the coach was the right recipe for success.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don’t think the NFF believes Nigeria can win Afcon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

let it be known that Nigeria is the only top 10 team in Africa that is not taking the full compliment of players.

Even the likes of Burkina Faso, Mali can afford to take 27. But Nigeria cannot according to some.

What a sick joke of a nation we are.

And you get fools on this forum defending this disgusting corruption.

Defending them imposing complete frauds like Musa.

25 players with one old man wastepipe named Musa, and one injured player named "Senior man" who must go by force.

What a joke.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:34 pm let it be known that Nigeria is the only top 10 team in Africa that is not taking the full compliment of players.

Even the likes of Burkina Faso, Mali can afford to take 27. But Nigeria cannot according to some.

25 players with one old man wastepipe named Musa, and one injured player named "Senior man" who must go by force.

What a joke.
This is the wisdom of fools paradise.. They forgot that one move or one rotten egg destroys the rest of the eggs. And these animals running the show think they can win afcon with such wicked decisions? Depriving a young bustling star to retain a dead oldman call Musa. Things like this make fans hate great players like him who have served the Nation well.

Same crap was done in 1994. When they carried injured S. Keshi to W. Cup because what? he is the Boss. What myopic thinking. Every major competition this country do the same crap. Sometime est talents alone dont win Champioships.

Go back to history. Spiritual conotations is no joke when things like these are done. You can take that to the bank. What is Musa role in this team? A young assisiting coach? a starting team mngr? what?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Agbako wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:21 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:34 pm let it be known that Nigeria is the only top 10 team in Africa that is not taking the full compliment of players.

What a joke.
This is the wisdom of fools paradise.. They forgot that one move or one rotten egg destroys the rest of the eggs. And these animals running the show think they can win afcon with such wicked decisions? Depriving a young bustling star to retain a dead oldman call Musa. Things like this make fans hate great players like him who have served the Nation well.

Same crap was done in 1994. When they carried injured S. Keshi to W. Cup because what? he is the Boss. What myopic thinking. Every major competition this country do the same crap. Sometime est talents alone dont win Champioships.

Go back to history. Spiritual conotations is no joke when things like these are done. You can take that to the bank. What is Musa role in this team? A young assisiting coach? a starting team mngr? what?
Until we stop treating our team like its some sort of "old boys" club we are not going to achieve a damn thing.

Musa, Troost, Omeruo, have no business in this team.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

I will gamble…
The highlighted is Why we are in this predicament or else we would not even be discussing this.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

What a joke.
One day, you will learn to give up. I am already getting to that point.

This forum has taught me two things: (1) Nigeria is good, but Nigerians are very bad; (2) Nigerians love worthlessness. That is why they are deeply in love with lower division players and hate Div 1 players.

I am also arguing with a brother in another thread about the real reason Nigeria is camping in Dubai and he simply cannot bring himself to face the truth that is staring him in the face. :oops:

Tufiakwa! Never seen a failed people like this in my life.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:25 pm I don’t think the NFF believes Nigeria can win Afcon.
I honestly think they don't care. That's why they called Musa
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:58 pm

What a joke.
One day, you will learn to give up. I am already getting to that point.

This forum has taught me two things: (1) Nigeria is good, but Nigerians are very bad; (2) Nigerians love worthlessness. That is why they are deeply in love with lower division players and hate Div 1 players.

I am also arguing with a brother in another thread about the real reason Nigeria is camping in Dubai and he simply cannot bring himself to face the truth that is staring him in the face. :oops:

Tufiakwa! Never seen a failed people like this in my life.
So the budget for the 2 extra players will be spent in Dubai on a shopping spree :twisted:

then they will lie and say "Pissero only wanted 25"

Do they think we are that stupid ?

Nigeria, the only big football nation in Africa to be pulling this nonsense at the afcon.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:13 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:25 pm I don’t think the NFF believes Nigeria can win Afcon.
That piece of garbage is already dreaming of America in 2026. He may even be clubless, but it will not matter. I think he would even go if injured personally.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Nigeria and Nigerians... we are a doomed society and wicked people.. I can tell you several stories of how we have sabotaged and killed our selves in Football many times over.

Nigeria could have been the first Sub-saharan Footballing Nation to waaaooo the world. Before Tunisia did their feet with Rabar Madjah and Beloumi.

On the eve of just one home game remaining. All needed was a win that will see the nation team to the World Cup,

There was big hype and fanfare before this game. Football lovers trooped to Lagos for the game from all over the Nation. . On the day of the Game. The NFA *kindpeople* increased the gate fee. Yes you heard me right. They increased the gate fees of a match they have to win to head to the World Cup for the first time. Stadium became almost empty.

Live televising was also canceled for the first time in the history of NTA. People started raining curses on the team and NFA. Alas Odiye headed the ball into his own goal by mistake. So that ended the world cup appearance.

Not untill 1994. Thats to show how evil some humans are in that Nation.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

What a joke.
I do hope that you know that I am not defending or condoning corruption but trying to understand why - for the sake of a bigger pay day, why they cannot do the best thing for the team…

The logical thing is to get the team so prepared that they will surely win that money that gives us a bigger loot….

NFF don’t even think like that, they are happy with what they have….

I think that if this SE team wins the AFCON, we will go far in the WC and maybe for the first time WIN IT!!!

Why? We will attract better players and the confidence you get from winning sky rockets….

Osimhen as an AFCON winner will be unstoppable and surely be in his way to the PL and the Ballon’dor…. That elevates all his team mates

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:58 pm So the budget for the 2 extra players will be spent in Dubai on a shopping spree :twisted:

then they will lie and say "Pissero only wanted 25"

Do they think we are that stupid ?

Nigeria, the only big football nation in Africa to be pulling this nonsense at the afcon.
Just a few years ago, you took 23 players to a tournament like this. Why are you guys making a big deal of 25 now?

Apparently, it was a mutually agreed decision as the coach said fewer players are better to manage. Having many players on board who would not see even a minute playing in the tournament surely cannot be a good thing. I take it Ndidi has been replaced with a player from the standby list? I don't see what the problem is. :???:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:13 pm
...if SE fails hang it on him whether him play or not, but why?
He took the place of "my player" reason why certain we on CE disparage him :biggrin:
My country people sick pass Trump MAGAts, chei :rotf: :rotf:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Anyone who believes that is a fool!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

What a joke.

It didn’t stop after 94. In 98 we took a half fit Kanu and Amokachi on one leg to the WC.

Then Keshi filled our bench in 2014 with another injured player and junks.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

What a joke.

I didn’t think you could be so dishonest. You seem quite prepared to make up stories just to bolster your narrative about Musa. If Keshi was injured in 1994, how come he played all 90 minutes against Greece, a game which we won 2-0? I thought you are better than VE but I was completely wrong🤔❗️

Cheers.