Super Eagles GK....Humour

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Super Eagles GK....Humour

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles GK....Humour

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I’m hoping Uzoho does get the No 1 spot and vindicates himself by performing excellently. I’m really pulling for him because this is too much for the young man. We benefit more if he does well than if we destroy his confidence. Uzoho should use Okoye as motivation in regaining his confidence and rising to the top. Okoye was much maligned for 2yrs after his Afcon mistake. He was mocked and abused for not playing at Watford, not good enough for championship etc. Look at him now. He’s now the 2nd Nigerian goalie to be No 1 in a top 5 league. That’s quite an achievement. Keep ya head up Francis. Know that you do the hard things well, it’s the simple things you struggle with. Work on your positioning and holding on to the ball.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Nwabili could be a good surprise if Uzoho performs bad.
But not Olorunleke Ojo, he is awful.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:18 pm I’m hoping Uzoho does get the No 1 spot and vindicates himself by performing excellently. I’m really pulling for him because this is too much for the young man. We benefit more if he does well than if we destroy his confidence. Uzoho should use Okoye as motivation in regaining his confidence and rising to the top. Okoye was much maligned for 2yrs after his Afcon mistake. He was mocked and abused for not playing at Watford, not good enough for championship etc. Look at him now. He’s now the 2nd Nigerian goalie to be No 1 in a top 5 league. That’s quite an achievement. Keep ya head up Francis. Know that you do the hard things well, it’s the simple things you struggle with. Work on your positioning and holding on to the ball.
Bros Calm down small with the Okoye hype. I’m pulling for the guy but he has to do it for the SE. Onana is the #1 in a top 5 league but I’m not sure he’s putting the fear of God in any outfield players.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

packerland wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:33 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:18 pm I’m hoping Uzoho does get the No 1 spot and vindicates himself by performing excellently. I’m really pulling for him because this is too much for the young man. We benefit more if he does well than if we destroy his confidence. Uzoho should use Okoye as motivation in regaining his confidence and rising to the top. Okoye was much maligned for 2yrs after his Afcon mistake. He was mocked and abused for not playing at Watford, not good enough for championship etc. Look at him now. He’s now the 2nd Nigerian goalie to be No 1 in a top 5 league. That’s quite an achievement. Keep ya head up Francis. Know that you do the hard things well, it’s the simple things you struggle with. Work on your positioning and holding on to the ball.
Bros Calm down small with the Okoye hype. I’m pulling for the guy but he has to do it for the SE. Onana is the #1 in a top 5 league but I’m not sure he’s putting the fear of God in any outfield players.
Kongi is a shameless Okoye fangirl. So pathetic.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Wilfred Agbonavbare - Spain
Vincent Enyeama - France
Maduka Okoye - Italy

They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

COOKING SPOON wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:47 am Wilfred Agbonavbare - Spain
Vincent Enyeama - France
Maduka Okoye - Italy

I forgot about Agbonibare. Was he ever No 1 for his team?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Uzoho is NOT a good goalie.
PERIODT!

The problem with having a basket that lets in close to 50% of shots he faces is that it gives the opposing team confidence to try speculative shots. It also makes your defenders try their darnest to avoid allowing shots on goal... but what do you do even with routine speculative shots from outside the box that has the potential of going in because your keeper can redirect the ball into his own goal?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

No problem with your motivational writeup but you and I know Uzoho is simply not good enough.
Except he goes away like Wilfred Agbonavbare and comes to a truce with his demons, an Uzoho
performing excellently in goal is just a future impossible tense.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:29 am
COOKING SPOON wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:47 am Wilfred Agbonavbare - Spain
Vincent Enyeama - France
Maduka Okoye - Italy

I forgot about Agbonibare. Was he ever No 1 for his team?
After Nigerian fans thrashed Wilfred as Agbonibasket after a disastrous Eagles game against Togo think in 1985 or so, he basically went AWOL from the Eagles for many years h til his resurgence in the early 1990s with Rayo Vallecano.

You’ll recall Nigerian fans were baying for Alloy Agu’s blood after Senegal 1992, to the point where Westerhof opted to use Ike for him matches and Agu for away matches in the first round of the 1994 WCQ.

Wilfred pretty much took over as 1st choice in the 2nd round of matches with our initial game in Abidjan which we lost 2-1 and for the rest of the WCQs.

Running concurrently with those WCQs were the AFCON qualifiers which Westerhof opted to prosecute with mainly home based players and sprinkling of 2nd choice pros. That was how he was able to introduce Oliseh if I recall against Uganda in Lagos and Peter Rufai who has been in hiatus after almost 4 years. In fact Rufai scored a penalty in that game if my memory serves me right. That AFCON qualifier was played about 2 weeks before our final away WCQ in Algeria. Westerhof resisted calls for Oliseh and Rufai to be introduced and stuck his regular team for that game. I think that was Wilfred’s last competitive game for the Eagles as by 1994 Rufai was back as first choice in Tunisia and pretty much captained Nigeria at the WC save for the first round game against Greece where the big boss played his only WC game.

Anyway moral of the story is, e don Tay wey Nigerian fans they call for GKs blood and often times not unjustifiably. I wish Uzoho well if he is chosen and hope he puts up creditable performances as it can only be good for his mental health but ultimately whoever will serve Nigeria best is what I’m interested in.

I’ll be rooting for the Eagles as usual but I have set my expectations very low. I’ve learnt to immune myself against pain.

The combined years of being an Eagles and Arsenal fan does something to one’s brain and conditions you in the right direction. Always be prepared to be disappointed. The 3-day malaria while in Uni in 1994 after the Italy loss is still fresh in my mind and I refused to watch any clip of that game until just last year.

Anyway, to answer your question, Wilfred was top class with the the very first Nigerian team to qualify for a world championship with the U20s in 1983, with NNB and later on Rayo Vallecano and did his role in helping Naija qualify for our first WC.

May his soul continue to rest peacefully🙏🏿
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

hestonap wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:17 pm
Running concurrently with those WCQs were the AFCON qualifiers which Westerhof opted to prosecute with mainly home based players and sprinkling of 2nd choice pros. That was how he was able to introduce Oliseh if I recall against Uganda in Lagos and Peter Rufai who has been in hiatus after almost 4 years. In fact Rufai scored a penalty in that game if my memory serves me right.
I think Oliseh played in the match against Congo in Port Port Harcourt (which was before the Uganda game), which was essential an HB team with the crowd singing 'all we are saying, no more HBs'. Finidi 2nd half goal keep the fans quiet. The Finidi goal was the opening and closing intro of NTA's Master sports with Paul Bassey and Danladi Bako et al.

Both games (Congo and Uganda) were dead rubbers and Westerhof used the opportunity to give 2nd choice players their chance.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Football is a confidence game and even the best of players go through a confidence crises and suffer a dip in form from time to time.

Uzoho is the best we have at the moment (experience and caps in the SE). We just have to rally around him and show him support. Pillorying him like this is counter productive

If we plan to win this tournament, then we should be expected to be tested in every department.

Up Eagles
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Mr Shows wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:57 pm Football is a confidence game and even the best of players go through a confidence crises and suffer a dip in form from time to time.

Uzoho is the best we have at the moment (experience and caps in the SE). We just have to rally around him and show him support. Pillorying him like this is counter productive

If we plan to win this tournament, then we should be expected to be tested in every department.

Up Eagles
Players need to learn how to deal with the abuse. There's no use telling people not to abuse him because it will happen and if he's honest with himself, he knows he has been terrible. Well on the way to being the worst first choice SE goalie in my lifetime. Hopefully he finds form and shuts people up but I doubt it. I think we just have a case of someone who is just not that good at the highest level.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

fabio wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:36 pm
Running concurrently with those WCQs were the AFCON qualifiers which Westerhof opted to prosecute with mainly home based players and sprinkling of 2nd choice pros. That was how he was able to introduce Oliseh if I recall against Uganda in Lagos and Peter Rufai who has been in hiatus after almost 4 years. In fact Rufai scored a penalty in that game if my memory serves me right.
I think Oliseh played in the match against Congo in Port Port Harcourt (which was before the Uganda game), which was essential an HB team with the crowd singing 'all we are saying, no more HBs'. Finidi 2nd half goal keep the fans quiet. The Finidi goal was the opening and closing intro of NTA's Master sports with Paul Bassey and Danladi Bako et al.

Both games (Congo and Uganda) were dead rubbers and Westerhof used the opportunity to give 2nd choice players their chance.
Sunday Oliseh's debut was against Ethiopia in 6-0 AFCONQ victory in July 1993.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

anointed wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:43 pm

Thanks Bros, I mixed that up. If my memory serves me right that was Rufais return game under Westernof and he scored a penalty
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Fabio , I think anointed rightly corrected me. Oliseh’s debut was against Ethiopia in a AFCON qualifier in Lagos which was also Rufais return. He never took part in any of the USA 94 qualifiers. Congo were in our first round WCQ LAST group alongside South Africa while Ethiopia and Uganda were in the AFCON qualifiers. I think we lost either the Uganda or Ethiopia game away if I remember correctly.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

hestonap wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:33 pm
anointed wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:43 pm

Thanks Bros, I mixed that up. If my memory serves me right that was Rufais return game under Westernof and he scored a penalty
Yeah. Our lineup on the day:

Peter Rufai
Emeka Ezeugo
Nduka Ugbade
Isaac Semitoje
Uche Okafor
Sunday Oliseh
Thompson Oliha
Emmanuel Amunike
Abdul Sule
Rashidi Yekini
Barnabas Imenger

Subs
Julius Akpele
Akin Akinsehinde
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:25 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:57 pm Football is a confidence game and even the best of players go through a confidence crises and suffer a dip in form from time to time.

Up Eagles
Players need to learn how to deal with the abuse. There's no use telling people not to abuse him because it will happen and if he's honest with himself, he knows he has been terrible. Well on the way to being the worst first choice SE goalie in my lifetime. Hopefully he finds form and shuts people up but I doubt it. I think we just have a case of someone who is just not that good at the highest level.
Airwolex
Sure deal, but we are pretty light on options..Abuse comes with the territory as you pointed out but is it counterproductive if we keep destroying his confidence. Hopefully, he has a good tournament. Fans are fickle and the pendulum will easily swing the other way if he does.

Cheers
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Up Eagles
We are not winning this tournament with Uzoho as our number 1. He needs a monster game to gain confidence and I don't see that happening from him. And this is coming from a very optimistic fan like me...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Mr Shows wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:31 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:25 pm

Up Eagles
Airwolex
Sure deal, but we are pretty light on options..Abuse comes with the territory as you pointed out but is it counterproductive if we keep destroying his confidence. Hopefully, he has a good tournament. Fans are fickle and the pendulum will easily swing the other way if he does.

Cheers
If Uzoho wants fans to not abuse him, then he needs to do something about it with his performance on the green grass. For now he has to deal with it. It comes with the territory...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Jose should help Uzoho and not start him for our first match. And then maybe bring him back if we have a dead rubber game with Guniea Bissau.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Jose should help Uzoho and not start him for our first match. And then maybe bring him back if we have a dead rubber game with Guniea Bissau.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:32 pm Jose should help Uzoho and not start him for our first match. And then maybe bring him back if we have a dead rubber game with Guniea Bissau.
What purpose would that serve? If he didn’t start the first two games and balls out in the dead rubber game like he did against Manchester United , you run the risk of Peseiro starting him in the knockout stage. Remember that Uzoho is peseiro’s guy.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .