GOTS TO BE MOST BORING AFCON OF OUR LIFETIME

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
GOTS TO BE MOST BORING AFCON OF OUR LIFETIME

Post by jette1 »

I cant remember any afcon this boring not even the one we boycotted
Last edited by jette1 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GOTS TO BE MOST BORING AFCON OF OUR LIFETIME

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dayauuuum mein, what da heck is going on? Why are you and others trying suck the life out of this Afcon before it even starts? No it’s not Afcon, it’s the low quality of formers we have these days. If it’s boring, you can watch the Asian Cup or other Euro leagues, you can even switch to wrestling to avoid having to watch the useless SE in the boring Afcon. Didn’t you know this was a SE fan site before you signed up?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

On the contrary, I think this tournament is rearing up for some real excitement, with the usual upsets.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:26 am On the contrary, I think this tournament is rearing up for some real excitement, with the usual upsets.
Should be the best one yet.

Never before have there been this many quality teams. None of the big teams are missing.

Senegal, Algeria, CIV, Ghana, Nigeria, Morocco, Mali are all better than their 2021 editions.

So many story lines.

Can Senegal repeat ?

Can Morocco win after their WC semi final appearance ?

Or will there be someone else to step up ?

Me I am predicting CIV will win. They look very solid.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:33 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:26 am On the contrary, I think this tournament is rearing up for some real excitement, with the usual upsets.

Never before have there been this many quality teams. None of the big teams are missing.

Senegal, Algeria, CIV, Ghana, Nigeria, Morocco, Mali are all better than their 2021 editions.

So many story lines.

Can Senegal repeat ?

Civ ain't winning nathin. They will implode as usual, and god forbid they have to take PKs. Mentally weak side. I predict the winner will be one of Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, Senegal or Cameroon. Morocco ain't winning it either.

Wha choo looking at?!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

How can a tournament that have not even kicked off yet be deemed the most boring of all the AFCONs? I mean wetin Musa no go see for gate for this forum mehn...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

https://olympics.com/en/news/evolution- ... ournament

Excerpts.

The CAF Africa Cup of Nations Cote d'Ivoire 2023, being held in January 2024, is the 34th edition of Africa's biennial national men's team football competition.

The tournament has come to capture the imagination like few others. Its vibrancy unmatched. Its stage helping catapult careers into the realms of superstardom.

And now it is bigger than ever.

Featuring 24 nations after a qualifying campaign involving 54 teams, AFCON has expanded in size while simultaneously reaching a wider audience with it's biennial events – a far cry from its origins more than 60 years ago.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Here’s a more exciting tournament for those who’re bored by Afcon.

https://www.the-afc.com/en/national/afc ... /home.html

:thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:33 am

So many story lines.

Can Senegal repeat ?

This your endless love for CIV. Anyway it’s a good omen for us. Last time you supported them over us, we won the whole thing.

I agree; this could be the best one yet. Very excited. So glad I’m going.

Nigeria won’t win it or even come close, but that doesn’t mean we won’t have a great time.

Football is alive and well in Africa.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

jette1 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:56 am I cant remember any afcon this boring not even the one we boycotted
Honestly I have no expectation for the Super Eagles at this Afcon because of Peserio's awful run of poor performances and this has affected my overall outlook of the entire competition.
It does really seem boring to me at the moment but maybe this might change after kickoff.
Last edited by proclaimjesus02 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Robbynice wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:51 am How can a tournament that have not even kicked off yet be deemed the most boring of all the AFCONs? I mean wetin Musa no go see for gate for this forum mehn...smdh
what does this mean? My wife is dying with laughter reading it!!!
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........