Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Post by YemiBrazil »

With all the available studies & literature on common leadership/management styles and their respective strengths and weaknesses, it’s funny reading our village headmasters on CE lumping leadership approach into a single bucket. Also, I won’t embarrass anyone here on Oliseh by going into CE archives on their past comments :mrgreen:

In Tinubu’s voice, I say “enjoy your weekend” :taunt: :taunt: :rotf:

Up Super Eagles!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:11 am The only problem I had with the podcast besides the accent is his use of the word witchcraft as a verb.
Grand uncle, what is it? :rotf:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:53 pm With all the available studies & literature on common leadership/management styles and their respective strengths and weaknesses, it’s funny reading our village headmasters on CE lumping leadership approach into a single bucket. Also, I won’t embarrass anyone here on Oliseh by going into CE archives on their past comments :mrgreen:

Up Super Eagles!
Someone can be a brilliant player and yet be difficult to deal with.

They are not mutually exclusive.

You can be a smart intelligent student but choose to be a women's undergarment tycoon.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:25 pm
amafolas wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:11 pm
Naija fan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:05 pm The contrast in styles between Keshi and Oliseh as described by Mikel is striking. Mikel and Keshi were not always on the same page but there was mutual respect and they kept it private. Keshi was able to get more out of Mikel and the team. Oliseh on the other hand was confrontational in his approach to the team leaders. Unless you have much better players to replace them with, that' is never a good idea. As someone said earlier, it was tantamount to cutting your nose to spite your face. I do like Oliseh actually and he is one my favorite SE players. I still remember that goal he scored against Spain in the world cup. Some of the most brilliant people are not the best teachers.
Oliseh could work as a coach, but he will need lots and lots of self-awareness and learning things that are not natural to him for him to be successful at it. Or he could just go take up a role that's better suited to his intellect and personality. That job is not coaching. Something more like being part of a technical committee that is thinking about how to shape the game the right way.
Bros, you are wasting your time. Some people will never get it because they are too obtuse.
I once had a Professor who had 4 PhDs. Smart fella but he couldn't teach or impart knowledge. And he was teaching a class that was filled with people who got academic grants/scholarships. It took a group of us to go to the Dean and complain. He was immediately relieved of his duties and went back to research and publishing. It wasn't that he wasn't smart... he just didn't know how to teach people.

Oliseh by his own admission, is a difficult person. It is not about not being able to deal with unscrupulous people. It is him!
He should be on TV or teaching coaches in some certificate program.

But as far as coaching? Naaaaa, not his calling.
Amafolas is spot on. The verb, "Coaching", is all about developing people. So, you cannot be a successful coach without being able to connect with people. It is all about leadership. People are unique, different and difficult. And one must find a way to make them tick and excel within a team environment. The technical aspect is also as important...not more important.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:50 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:53 pm With all the available studies & literature on common leadership/management styles and their respective strengths and weaknesses, it’s funny reading our village headmasters on CE lumping leadership approach into a single bucket. Also, I won’t embarrass anyone here on Oliseh by going into CE archives on their past comments :mrgreen:

Up Super Eagles!
Someone can be a brilliant player and yet be difficult to deal with.

They are not mutually exclusive.

You can be a smart intelligent student but choose to be a women's undergarment tycoon.
Ha ha did I call your name Uncle? I only said CE village headmaster and I wonder why you quickly replied, I didn't even compare Oliseh's management style with Pa OBJ yet :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Perhaps Oliseh has been vindicated!

Everyone who knows Enyeama, knows the type of person he is. And now, Siasia has come out to tell us who Mikel truly is? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:15 pm Perhaps Oliseh has been vindicated!

Everyone who knows Enyeama, knows the type of person he is. And now, Siasia has come out to tell us who Mikel truly is? :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Did you watch the whole interview to hear what he said about Oliseh???
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

deanotito wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:15 pm Perhaps Oliseh has been vindicated!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Did you watch the whole interview to hear what he said about Oliseh???
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:37 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How much shame can this his Oliseh worship bring him before he gives it up…the guy is not a good coach, haba why does that hurt you so much? Even Siasia said he himself is stubborn before going in on Oliseh who is ‘always fighting’ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No, I did not.

Wait! you watched the whole interview? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

In latest news, not posts from last year :lol:

Super Eagus 4 Life!