Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Post by packerland »

Oh dang! It feels like Mikel has been dying to let this out over the years and someone gave him a chance. This was well calculated and personal. It’s like he waited for the right time when Oliseh is out of work. Besides bursting his ego in front of his peers, I wonder if Oliseh put them hands on Mikel?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

packerland wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:05 pm Oh dang! It feels like Mikel has been dying to let this out over the years and someone gave him a chance. This was well calculated and personal. It’s like he waited for the right time when Oliseh is out of work. Besides bursting his ego in front of his peers, I wonder if Oliseh put them hands on Mikel?
I think once the dust settles, he will find that it’s a misguided step.

Oliseh is held in a higher regard than Mikel in NFF and I think, among SE Supporters
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:09 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:05 pm Oh dang! It feels like Mikel has been dying to let this out over the years and someone gave him a chance. This was well calculated and personal. It’s like he waited for the right time when Oliseh is out of work. Besides bursting his ego in front of his peers, I wonder if Oliseh put them hands on Mikel?
I think once the dust settles, he will find that it’s a misguided step.

Oliseh is held in a higher regard than Mikel in NFF and I think, among SE Supporters
Honestly don’t think it’ll matter for him.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:11 am The only problem I had with the podcast besides the accent is his use of the word witchcraft as a verb.
Forget what the dictionary tells you but in the African context, It is both a verb and a noun.

Don't make me do you witchcraft...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:48 pm On his latest podcast episode:

He also breaks down what happened between him and Enyeama
JMO comes across too open and too honest in his podcasts. You don't know often get ex-footballers blabbering about events in their playing days and when they do speak, they ensure that they offer their opinion in a measured way. Mikel should be wary of embarrassing other players that were involved in the events he talks about, who may not appreciate their stuff being out in the open. There is a code in english football which says what goes on in the dressing room, stays in the dressing room.

Mikel is far too outspoken and needs to cool things down. As for Sunday Oliseh, well, it sounds like karma because Oliseh too was a gang leader in the 2002 CAN ganging up against Coach Festus Adegboyega Onigbinde. What goes round, comes round.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm

Ohenhen thank you so much for this!

Oliseh’s career both as a player and a coach speaks for itself. I believe that he is the best coach internationally that Nigeria has ever produced. Can’t think of anyone else.
Dude has a history alright. A history of borderline personality disorder. Nobe today.
He is the "best coach internationally"? Says who? Keshi coached Togo to the World Cup.Togo!
Oliseh's erratic behavior always sees him being fired from his coaching jobs. His behavior! Not others. His!

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm Likes of Late Keshi, Kate Amodu even Siasia had better coaching careers in the national team but not internationally….

The podcast actually says a lot about Mikel than anyone else…
How dare you put him in the category of Keshi and Amodu? He is not a good coach. Clubside or national team.
Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm Oliseh has a poor poor man management issue not so much anger but relations . He is very confrontational as a person but nice to chill with.

He came into the NFF and national team on the mandate to clear house, set things straight and he overdid things….that does not deserve castigation by anyone let alone Mikel
He doesn't work well with others... It is fine to have an acerbic personality but not when it involves having to work with others. Dude lacks empathy and has anger issues. He once headbutted his teammate in practice. He had a beef with Enyeama who came into camp while still grieving. Enyeama, the Team Captain just buried his mother. Oliseh showed ZERO empathy or sympathy.

Oliseh who once threw the suggestion of a Sports Minister into the trash bin felt that the only way to exercise his authority was to deal with Enyeama and his vice-captain, Mikel. Mikel has played under 10 different coaches at Chelski. Has had a number of national team coaches. Also played under Amodu, Keshi, Siasia and is very well-equipped to give his opinion on the coaches he has played for... even in the podcast, they alluded to the point that Oliseh has taken over from the position previously held by Rafa Benitez as THE WORST coach Mikel has played under.

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm Mikel had a great career but let’s not make it out like he was the Nigerian Messi…. He had the potential to be but wasted it the day he picked Chelsea and Money over United and Ferguson.

You can call ur friends and co to ur podcast but once u start swearing and castigating ppl, others will think hard before they turn up….

The smart move would have been to invite Oliseh and politely interview him and thrash out their differences on air that would have elevated his podcast.
Invite Oliseh to trash out what? Mikel's podcast is fine as it is...

In his active days, he was Naijaria's Messi. The only living or dead Naijarian male player that can be compared to Mikel is Kanu. Not JJ. Especially when you are talking about trophies and being the most decorated.

On Oliseh, not everyone is cut out to be a coach. Mikel mentioned Gary Neville who realized that he wasn't cut out to be a coach and went into sports broadcasting (punditry). Coaching is not for Oliseh. He should find someone willing to pay him to talk football... anything else will be a case of him doing too much.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:18 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:11 am The only problem I had with the podcast besides the accent is his use of the word witchcraft as a verb.
Forget what the dictionary tells you but in the African context, It is both a verb and a noun.

Don't make me do you witchcraft...
Lef am, abegi. If I'm no understand na I'm problem.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Goldleaf wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:19 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:48 pm On his latest podcast episode:

He also breaks down what happened between him and Enyeama
JMO comes across too open and too honest in his podcasts. You don't know often get ex-footballers blabbering about events in their playing days and when they do speak, they ensure that they offer their opinion in a measured way. Mikel should be wary of embarrassing other players that were involved in the events he talks about, who may not appreciate their stuff being out in the open. There is a code in english football which says what goes on in the dressing room, stays in the dressing room.

Mikel is far too outspoken and needs to cool things down. As for Sunday Oliseh, well, it sounds like karma because Oliseh too was a gang leader in the 2002 CAN ganging up against Coach Festus Adegboyega Onigbinde. What goes round, comes round.
Goldleaf

Correct. I think it is based on media advisement with the goal of quickly generating a huge audience. The more expositions he provides the better for garnering a huge audience.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:42 pm

Oliseh’s career both as a player and a coach speaks for itself. I believe that he is the best coach internationally that Nigeria has ever produced. Can’t think of anyone else.
Dude has a history alright. A history of borderline personality disorder. Nobe today.
He is the "best coach internationally"? Says who? Keshi coached Togo to the World Cup.Togo!
Oliseh's erratic behavior always sees him being fired from his coaching jobs. His behavior! Not others. His!

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm Likes of Late Keshi, Kate Amodu even Siasia had better coaching careers in the national team but not internationally….

How dare you put him in the category of Keshi and Amodu? He is not a good coach. Clubside or national team.
Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm Oliseh has a poor poor man management issue not so much anger but relations . He is very confrontational as a person but nice to chill with.

He came into the NFF and national team on the mandate to clear house, set things straight and he overdid things….that does not deserve castigation by anyone let alone Mikel
He doesn't work well with others... It is fine to have an acerbic personality but not when it involves having to work with others. Dude lacks empathy and has anger issues. He once headbutted his teammate in practice. He had a beef with Enyeama who came into camp while still grieving. Enyeama, the Team Captain just buried his mother. Oliseh showed ZERO empathy or sympathy.

Oliseh who once threw the suggestion of a Sports Minister into the trash bin felt that the only way to exercise his authority was to deal with Enyeama and his vice-captain, Mikel. Mikel has played under 10 different coaches at Chelski. Has had a number of national team coaches. Also played under Amodu, Keshi, Siasia and is very well-equipped to give his opinion on the coaches he has played for... even in the podcast, they alluded to the point that Oliseh has taken over from the position previously held by Rafa Benitez as THE WORST coach Mikel has played under.

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm Mikel had a great career but let’s not make it out like he was the Nigerian Messi…. He had the potential to be but wasted it the day he picked Chelsea and Money over United and Ferguson.

You can call ur friends and co to ur podcast but once u start swearing and castigating ppl, others will think hard before they turn up….

The smart move would have been to invite Oliseh and politely interview him and thrash out their differences on air that would have elevated his podcast.
Invite Oliseh to trash out what? Mikel's podcast is fine as it is...

In his active days, he was Naijaria's Messi. The only living or dead Naijarian male player that can be compared to Mikel is Kanu. Not JJ. Especially when you are talking about trophies and being the most decorated.

On Oliseh, not everyone is cut out to be a coach. Mikel mentioned Gary Neville who realized that he wasn't cut out to be a coach and went into sports broadcasting (punditry). Coaching is not for Oliseh. He should find someone willing to pay him to talk football... anything else will be a case of him doing too much.
Not sure what Oliseh did to become so revered. Yes, he has done reasonably well coaching in some lower clubs in Europe but there are many Nigerians who have not only done that but have done well with Nigeria at various national team levels. Yes, he has earned media attention working with FIFA but that does not define success in coaching. I really doubt that Oliseh will be among Nigeria's top ten if we statistically examine careers of various Nigerian coaches. Just my thoughrs.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:11 pm What accent is he using? English, Irish, or a combination of both mixed with Igbo traders accent? Why can't he just speak like a typical Nigerian.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I enjoy listening to Mikel's podcasts and appreciate the behind-the-scenes insights he offers. The candor of his comments will get him likes and views, and Mikel does have every right to air his opinions. Overall, his podcast is very good, every now and then though I get the feeling that Mikel is a little eager to give a hot take to help make his mark in this new space. Comments like the ones he made about Rafa and Oliseh will get you views, but are such comments really worth it?

Regarding Oliseh, it is widely believed he had poor man management skills but was competent tactically. My initial thought is Mikel is writing off Oliseh's technical knowhow because of his poor man management skills. However, it's also possible that many of us have overrated Oliseh.

I am surprised how much he praised Keshi. Keshi seemed to be an excellent man manager and really good at communicating with players, however, I rarely felt like Keshi impacted games that much with his tactics or substitutions. Keshi started off well with the national team, but there are very few SE managers that have had so many questionable call-ups, and those strange call-ups eventually began to affect the team's performance. Mikel's comments are valid, however, keep in mind players are more likely to rate a manager that has confidence in them and empowers them.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:49 am
Tbite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 am Mikel Obi might just end up being the single best thing to happen to Nigerian football.

Oliseh on the other hand has done more harm to Nigerian football than good. His exploits in the 90s does not make up for the damage he has done of late. Breaking up the team, affecting our performances, and denying us 3-5 good years of our GOAT.

Mikel has plans to shake things up in the NFF. That is what you call net positive.

Not some of these so called lame #$% legends, they do one or two good things for the country and then because of that they think they are entitled to doing 3-5 bad things.

Mikel is not just sitting on an arm chair rubbishing people. He actually plans to put his money where his mouth is for positive change. Oliseh is a very negative human being.

Thank you for that rocket against Spain, but....the damage you have been doing to our football lately is simply too much. More power to Mikel. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Oliseh is not perfect, he has his temper issues. But he has done a lot for Nigeria. He has won Afcon and an Olympic gold medal for Nigeria. The NFF kicked Oliseh of the team in 2002 because he fought for player rights. The same way they kicked Enyeama off the team because Enyeama wanted to stand up to the NFF. You don't know what you are talking about.

Likes of Late Keshi, Kate Amodu even Siasia had better coaching careers in the national team but not internationally….

Oliseh has a poor poor man management issue not so much anger but relations . He is very confrontational as a person but nice to chill with.

Mikel had a great career but let’s not make it out like he was the Nigerian Messi…. He had the potential to be but wasted it the day he picked Chelsea and Money over United and Ferguson.

Btw to my ex-wife (danfo driver) I will keep ignoring you. Stop seeking attention by mentioning my name in ur posts….insults incoming
The bold is the best comment so far on these pages on this matter. It's either of 2 things. It's either pride on Mikel's part or the desire to be controversial and thus sell his podcasts literally speaking. Whichever it is though, it does not paint Mikel in a good light.

Which basically points to one basic flaws. We all have our flaws as humans. We are not perfect. Just like Oliseh. Just like Mikel. We are who we are.
Enough said.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:39 pm I enjoy listening to Mikel's podcasts and appreciate the behind-the-scenes insights he offers. The candor of his comments will get him likes and views, and Mikel does have every right to air his opinions. Overall, his podcast is very good, every now and then though I get the feeling that Mikel is a little eager to give a hot take to help make his mark in this new space. Comments like the ones he made about Rafa and Oliseh will get you views, but are such comments really worth it?

Regarding Oliseh, it is widely believed he had poor man management skills but was competent tactically. My initial thought is Mikel is writing off Oliseh's technical knowhow because of his poor man management skills. However, it's also possible that many of us have overrated Oliseh.

I am surprised how much he praised Keshi. Keshi seemed to be an excellent man manager and really good at communicating with players, however, I rarely felt like Keshi impacted games that much with his tactics or substitutions. Keshi started off well with the national team, but there are very few SE managers that have had so many questionable call-ups, and those strange call-ups eventually began to affect the team's performance. Mikel's comments are valid, however, keep in mind players are more likely to rate a manager that has confidence in them and empowers them.
Hmmm, Keshi that qualified lowly Togo for their first and only WC and won ANC and took us to WC round of 16 doesn’t affect games and Oliseh that’s a serial failure at coaching is tactically more sound? I swear man, we fans are something else. The ones that have been there and done it are telling you what’s what and you as an outsider think you know more even when the proof is in the pudding with their relative successes as coaches, I’m just left smh…

It just takes someone to knack some inkrish and we think they are tactically sound and will be a good coach. A coach is a man manager first and foremost, as a leader of men, if you can’t respect your players and get the boys on your side you will never succeed…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

azuka wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:17 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:49 am
Tbite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 am Mikel Obi might just end up being the single best thing to happen to Nigerian football.

Oliseh on the other hand has done more harm to Nigerian football than good. His exploits in the 90s does not make up for the damage he has done of late. Breaking up the team, affecting our performances, and denying us 3-5 good years of our GOAT.

Mikel has plans to shake things up in the NFF. That is what you call net positive.

Not some of these so called lame #$% legends, they do one or two good things for the country and then because of that they think they are entitled to doing 3-5 bad things.

Mikel is not just sitting on an arm chair rubbishing people. He actually plans to put his money where his mouth is for positive change. Oliseh is a very negative human being.

Thank you for that rocket against Spain, but....the damage you have been doing to our football lately is simply too much. More power to Mikel. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Oliseh is not perfect, he has his temper issues. But he has done a lot for Nigeria. He has won Afcon and an Olympic gold medal for Nigeria. The NFF kicked Oliseh of the team in 2002 because he fought for player rights. The same way they kicked Enyeama off the team because Enyeama wanted to stand up to the NFF. You don't know what you are talking about.

Likes of Late Keshi, Kate Amodu even Siasia had better coaching careers in the national team but not internationally….

Oliseh has a poor poor man management issue not so much anger but relations . He is very confrontational as a person but nice to chill with.

Mikel had a great career but let’s not make it out like he was the Nigerian Messi…. He had the potential to be but wasted it the day he picked Chelsea and Money over United and Ferguson.

Btw to my ex-wife (danfo driver) I will keep ignoring you. Stop seeking attention by mentioning my name in ur posts….insults incoming
The bold is the best comment so far on these pages on this matter. It's either of 2 things. It's either pride on Mikel's part or the desire to be controversial and thus sell his podcasts literally speaking. Whichever it is though, it does not paint Mikel in a good light.

Which basically points to one basic flaws. We all have our flaws as humans. We are not perfect. Just like Oliseh. Just like Mikel. We are who we are.
Enough said.
So it’s now a flaw to speak one’s mind? Ok o 😂😂😂 Unless you are saying he doesn’t actually feel that way and is playing it up, but how would you know that? Have you seen him contradict his stance on Oliseh before?
Last edited by maceo4 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Imagine how much more Keshi might have achieved if he didn't invite take the likes of Uzoenyi, Uchebo, Reuben, Amoebi, Babatunde, etc to the world cup? Were those really the best we had available? Keshi also failed to qualify for the 2015 AFCON. The dodgy calls eventually caught up him.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:20 pm
olu wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:39 pm I enjoy listening to Mikel's podcasts and appreciate the behind-the-scenes insights he offers. The candor of his comments will get him likes and views, and Mikel does have every right to air his opinions. Overall, his podcast is very good, every now and then though I get the feeling that Mikel is a little eager to give a hot take to help make his mark in this new space. Comments like the ones he made about Rafa and Oliseh will get you views, but are such comments really worth it?

Hmmm, Keshi that qualified lowly Togo for their first and only WC and won ANC and took us to WC round of 16 doesn’t affect games and Oliseh that’s a serial failure at coaching is tactically more sound? I swear man, we fans are something else. The ones that have been there and done it are telling you what’s what and you as an outsider think you know more even when the proof is in the pudding with their relative successes as coaches, I’m just left smh…

It just takes someone to knack some inkrish and we think they are tactically sound and will be a good coach. A coach is a man manager first and foremost, as a leader of men, if you can’t respect your players and get the boys on your side you will never succeed…
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:32 pm Imagine how much more Keshi might have achieved if he didn't invite take the likes of Uzoenyi, Uchebo, Reuben, Amoebi, Babatunde, etc to the world cup? Were those really the best we had available? Keshi also failed to qualify for the 2015 AFCON. The dodgy calls eventually caught up him.

Sure but we are doing a comparison between these two coaches, at least tell me what Oliseh achieved as a coach to even be in the same sentence with Keshi? Mind you every coach fails but the good coaches have more wins than failures so what are Olisehs…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Keshi was clearly more successful than Oliseh. No doubt about that. Oliseh's coaching career never really got off the ground.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:54 pm
olu wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:32 pm Imagine how much more Keshi might have achieved if he didn't invite take the likes of Uzoenyi, Uchebo, Reuben, Amoebi, Babatunde, etc to the world cup? Were those really the best we had available? Keshi also failed to qualify for the 2015 AFCON. The dodgy calls eventually caught up him.

Sure but we are doing a comparison between these two coaches, at least tell me what Oliseh achieved as a coach to even be in the same sentence with Keshi? Mind you every coach fails but the good coaches have more wins than failures so what are Olisehs…
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Mikel is building a quite impressive media career. He’s a sought after commentator and Betfred are allegedly paying him a bucket and theyre not paying him to say safe things.

And by signing on Chris McHardy as co-host, they are guaranteed a vast middle-east sports audience.

I’m actually happy that Mikel is not just getting his Chelsea chums on, he’s also using it to big up the African guy and bring Nigerian players to a wider audience. The Victor Boniface episode was excellent.

The Oliseh thing was an intentional and pre-meditated attack and I think Mikel and his advisors know EXACTLY what they’re doing. They even made a special 17-min episode to get this out.

Sunny can try all he likes to revenge. Mikel’s media leverage will outgun and homemade tweets Oliseh posts on Twitter.

For now, Mikel 1, Oliseh 0. If I were Oliseh, I’d take the L and walk away.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I'VE HEARD PIECES FROM BOTH SIDES NOW, BUT...

...I still hesitate to take a strong side either way. That's because I wouldn't be comfortable doing so without being very close to the situation. Even then, it may be necessary to know the motivation of both parties, something that's hidden in their hearts. It's conceivable that both sides meant well but have conflicting ways of going about it. Or maybe it's a case of misunderstanding left unclarified and allowed to become mutual suspicion. These things happen in life.

Now on the matter of who was a better player for both club and country I have no problem giving that to Oliseh. Mikel had his finest hour in the U20 when he went against Messi and the thinking was that he was going to rival Messi. But that did not happen because Mourinho converted him to (what?) a defensive MF, a position for which he lacked the steel or athleticism. He had a successful career and won trophies with Chelsea but I don't consider him to be Nigeria's greatest - he's definitely somewhere behind JJ and Haruna, and even Oliseh.
Bell
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Sorry this accent is killing me. The co-host caught him early, he loved Keshi because he played him in the 10.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:08 am Sorry this accent is killing me. The co-host caught him early, he loved Keshi because he played him in the 10.
He might have loved it but Mikel playing the 10 didn’t help Nigeria. At AFCON he played strictly as a DM and we won. Then during the Confed cup Keshi started using him as an AM and we sucked. Yes, he scored against Uruguay but he didn’t gave the lungs to play that position. Mikel’s goal scoring record at Chelsea based on the number of games he played was pathetic if we are being honest.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Also, I thought Oliseh resigned as SE manager after a few games in charge. Was he fired and did he really cite witchcraft as the reason he didn't succeed?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:50 am Also, I thought Oliseh resigned as SE manager after a few games in charge. Was he fired and did he really cite witchcraft as the reason he didn't succeed?
Olu

He resigned just before the last leg of a qualifier[AFCON?]. Yes, he cited witchcraft as the cause of a supposedly mysterious sickness that he suffered at the time.