Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Post by Sunset »

On his latest podcast episode:

He also breaks down what happened between him and Enyeama
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Post by 1naija »

What accent is he using? English, Irish, or a combination of both mixed with Igbo traders accent? Why can't he just speak like a typical Nigerian.
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:11 pm What accent is he using, English, Irish, or a combination of both mixed with Igbo traders accent. Why can't he just speak like a typical Nigerian.
How do typical Nigerians speak?
Bros, forget wetin dem write for moto, enter de moto.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Does Mikel realize that the nickname "gentle giant," was for Uche Okechukwu? And while Keshi was "the Big Boss?"
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:19 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:11 pm What accent is he using, English, Irish, or a combination of both mixed with Igbo traders accent. Why can't he just speak like a typical Nigerian.
My brother, tribalism is truly sad.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This man.
You’re so hilarious ..
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Go stand in front of the mirrow and say hello. I bet you will hear halo .. :D

waka-man wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:19 pm
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Yikes!!!

There goes Sunday Oliseh’s managerial career.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:11 pm What accent is he using, English, Irish, or a combination of both mixed with Igbo traders accent? Why can't he just speak like a typical Nigerian.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That was very insightful though. And this is the same Oliseh that some still want to be hired as the SE coach.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:33 pm Yikes!!!

There goes Sunday Oliseh’s managerial career.
:lol: Another typical African. Just like Enyi (Re; Osimhen). When an African does it, "he is finished." But if its a white man, "awwww"

Mikel once called Rafa benitez the worst coach he has ever worked with. In fact, he referenced that in this same audio you listened to, you didnt tell us that benitez's career was over. In fact, he was hired by a Chinese club and took them to relegation. Again, you didnt tell us his career is over. He was then hired by Celta Vigo and has now taken them to the relegation zone. Yet, again, you havent told us his career is over.

However, when it is an African, like Enyi did to Osimhen, his career is over.

Is there something inside you guys (Africans) were deep down in your heart, you feel desperate to see the destruction of fellow Africans?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:39 pm That was very insightful though. And this is the same Oliseh that some still want to be hired as the SE coach.
The brother is done. That was a full takedown.

But expect Oliseh to fire back in a very Oliseh manner.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Darn!
That was painful.
deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:44 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:39 pm That was very insightful though. And this is the same Oliseh that some still want to be hired as the SE coach.

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I was 100% on the money about Oliseh it seems.

100% on the money.

That Prick. There is something seriously wrong with his brain cells.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tbite wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:31 pm I was 100% on the money about Oliseh it seems.

100% on the money.

That Prick. There is something seriously wrong with his brain cells.
I think he tried to pull a Mourinho…make the players uncomfortable and break the power structures. But he didn’t really know how to execute it properly and worse still, according to Mikel, tactically, he was inept.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Otitokoro wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:02 pm Darn!
That was painful.

Yeah, I don’t know which area he didn’t finish Oliseh:

Man Management
Tactics
Temperament
Weirdness (juju, witchcraft)

When you’ve already been struggling to get a job for years, this is fatal
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

dayumnnnnnnnnnnnn this was brutal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the juju part was funny.. They do not like each other ..wow..never heard Mikel spill it like this before. This Mikel Podcast is a hit ..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This is not good. :boo: :boo: :boo:

Mikel shouldn't be rubbishing Oliseh like this. He is obviously still bitter about what went down in camp.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

yes! i i can not wait for what Sunday olishe will say

this war!!
oliseh vs obi!!
thanks
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:49 pm This is not good. :boo: :boo: :boo:

Mikel shouldn't be rubbishing Oliseh like this. He is obviously still bitter about what went down in camp.
Made my peace with Mikel’s podcasts. I really didn’t like the spilling of so many team secrets at first but that is what he decided to do. Whether he likes it or not, everyone will always consider Hazard lazy …mostly because of Mikel.

But I always wanted to know his ranking of Nigeria’s coaches. While I didn’t expect this level of a takedown, I appreciate the insight
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The thing that angered me the most was not even his failures as a manager but that he drove out a 10000000% vital player when he still had minimum 3 good years left in him.

That is just unforgivable.

He basically not only sabotaged his tenure but future tenures. It's mind-blowingly stupid.

Here's the thing about Enyeama. Even if Oliseh was right about him, he still could not have approached things like that. Imagine Barcelona trying to do something like that to Messi (even if Messi had somehow gotten too influential). You just don't do it. You would have to be carefully diplomatic. You cannot cut off your nose to spite your face.

That is what Oliseh did. The old adage of no player is bigger than the team, yes that is generally true, but for every rule there is an exception. And Mikel and Enyeama kinda were irreplaceable. What do you do when a player is bigger than the team?

1) Assess if the player really is irreplaceable, be doubly sure.
2) Determine if the player has undue influence
3) Determine if the influence has a net negative (if it has a net positive, it becomes less of a priority).
4) If it has a net negative, determine how to manage things diplomatically.
5) Consider exit strategies, can the player be removed without implosion (refer back to #1, this is likely to be impractical).
6) Strike some sort of balance with the player, making sure that discussions never fully escalate. They can and will likely partially escalate, but a full blown disagreement must never ensue.
7) If diplomacy is obviously failing, begin the plan for FUTURE (not immediate) exit strategies while the player is kept in the books.
8) Do not terminate the player hastily unless a complete rebuild is palatable.

Considering the repercussions, these actions cannot and should not be managed solely by a manager. It becomes an organisational level matter. I.e. no significant step is taken without the Club/Federation etc. In fact, the majority of the decision making should fall outside the remit of the manager.

Oliseh should not actually have been wielding that level of power for such a matter. It was far more important than he realised, and thus outside of his responsibilities.

Now, all of that is largely relating to if Oliseh was right. Which he most likely was not. We do not have clear signs of Enyeama or Mikel having a net negative impact. The fans never saw any signs of it. We do have a few signs that Enyeama would sometimes be disagreeable with the NFF, but that is hardly a justification for what Oliseh imagined.

If the NFF thought that Enyeama had to be cut to size, they made a massive mistake. Enyeama was so important that the NFF likely lost millions of dollars in potential revenue because he was ousted!

I sound like some sort of fan boy, but Enyeama's loss is one of the biggest mistakes made in the entire history of Nigerian football. I would actually like to know how deep the conspiracy runs. Who was Oliseh aligned with? It is not a small matter! Heads should roll. Oliseh is a start, but more heads should roll.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Wow! Mikel finished Oliseh!!! That was brutal!
I am happy
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

This podcast echoes the sentiments commonly expressed on the forum by some folks regarding Sunday Oliseh. The consensus is that he lacks the temperament required for coaching.