Yusuf on his debut

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: Yusuf on his debut

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:53 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:44 pm Anyone who understands football will know that the SE midfield has been crying for a Yusuf type player, a player in the mold of Onazi/ Etebo, with the energy to cover every blade of grass.
Peseiro went to watch him against Porto in the UCL and he even scored in the match but Peseiro still didn’t call him up.
Peseiro is just a lazy coach who’s satisfied with the status quo otherwise players like Ogbu would be in the squad
I dont think it's the coach tbh.

Something very rotten going on in that NFF.

It's the coach my brother. He's just too conservative in his player selection. Otherwise, as Dammy posited, how has a player like Ogbu not even been invited to the national team? Why has it taken him so long to do anything about our goalkeepers? Why have we been condemned to watch an off color Joe Aribo huffing and puffing on the pitch when there are other options?

A coach should always balance sticking with his core players and fostering competition in the squad by giving other deserving players a shot. But our coach doesn't do that.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:54 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:05 pm Here is the story. It's not the coach, it's the NFF.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/soccernet. ... n.html/amp
Was it NFF or Peseiro that invited Yusuf? If it’s Peseiro, then he was the one who cancelled the invitation and the NFF are only the medium of communication
Keep your head in the sand.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mystic wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:55 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:44 pm Anyone who understands football will know that the SE midfield has been crying for a Yusuf type player, a player in the mold of Onazi/ Etebo, with the energy to cover every blade of grass.
Peseiro went to watch him against Porto in the UCL and he even scored in the match but Peseiro still didn’t call him up.
Peseiro is just a lazy coach who’s satisfied with the status quo otherwise players like Ogbu would be in the squad

It's the coach my brother. He's just too conservative in his player selection. Otherwise, as Dammy posited, how has a player like Ogbu not even been invited to the national team? Why has it taken him so long to do anything about our goalkeepers? Why have we been condemned to watch an off color Joe Aribo huffing and puffing on the pitch when there are other options?

A coach should always balance sticking with his core players and fostering competition in the squad by giving other deserving players a shot. But our coach doesn't do that.
If he is so conservative, then why did he start Yusuf and Nwabili today ?

The NFF are keeping players out of the team to protect their "friends" "clients" however you want to call it.

We know that's the case with Musa.

There are others.

It wasn't Pesseiro who started this worrying trend.

The only thing that has been consistent in all thos is the NFF.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:59 pm

The NFF are keeping players out of the team to protect their "friends" "clients" however you want to call it.

There are others.

Conspiracy theorist! I hope you don’t hear voices in your head!
The NFF and not the coach handles official invitations on behalf of the coach but once you get an answer idea in your head, it sticks!
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ahmed Musa is not a "conspiracy theory"

Do you think he is the only one ?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When I tok am sey make dem no bring the guy in before he collapses on the pitch, DAMMY said "but but .. he played 6 games in Div 2" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:56 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:05 pm Here is the story. It's not the coach, it's the NFF.

Was it NFF or Peseiro that invited Yusuf? If it’s Peseiro, then he was the one who cancelled the invitation and the NFF are only the medium of communication
Thats what Mr. Dubai does best :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:07 pm

Mr “Yusuf will not play a minute in AFCON”, how market? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

There are others.

Because he had no choice. He finally invited another goalkeeper (which was necessitated by Okoye opting out of the Nations Cup). Meanwhile Ndidi's injury was the reason he invited Alhassan. Now I have to give it to him that he did the needful after observing their qualities in camp. But he would have known about these qualities earlier he had invited them when he should have.

He's just too conservative in his call-ups.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Mr. Dubai, Market dey :lol: :lol: ! The Dubai training saw serious humiliation on your team today. Players huffing and puffing.. fans weeping and your NFF counting their shopping bags from Dubai. :woot: :rotf:
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:07 pm We have a guy playing Div 1 and CL regularly. We have another guy struggling to make the team in Div 2, sitting on the bench in the south coast of England, and yet, it is the second guy we picked??? Consistently? And our fanbase accepted it and continues to accept it???!

In this wicked weather, just imagine we had both Alhassan and Folorunsho (in the second half) - two midfielders with high intensity! Yet, we had Aribo come in and he was doing sanda lili li ... :lol:

it is well. One day, you guys will look back and see why I have fought against lower division players in the SE.
My only problem with your comment is that your "fight" on CE has no impact, dont get me wrong I admire your passion but the energy must be directed at where changes can be made
CE is just a gathering of frustrated fans and projecting a fan's view or comment as endemic of our football is a but of a stretch
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So just like that we have found a missing link

One match.

How many others are out there who can dramatically improve our team ?

After this afcon many players need to go

Ahmed Musa
Joe Aribo
Keneth Omeruo
William Troost
Awaziem

On very thin ice

Chukwueze
Onyeka
Ajayi
Sanusi

The following need to be integrated

Ogbu
Osho
Adarabioyo
Tella
Bashiru
Nwakali
Orban
Eletu
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Exactly, the result today is on the coach, buck stops there...NFF can flap their wings, a serious coach will threaten to quit if he doesnt have full reign on his team, so if NFF is manimuplating hsi team, then he as a coach should not be there, because a few folks once said that local coaches are easily manipulated
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

akamoke wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:21 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:07 pm We have a guy playing Div 1 and CL regularly. We have another guy struggling to make the team in Div 2, sitting on the bench in the south coast of England, and yet, it is the second guy we picked??? Consistently? And our fanbase accepted it and continues to accept it???!

In this wicked weather, just imagine we had both Alhassan and Folorunsho (in the second half) - two midfielders with high intensity! Yet, we had Aribo come in and he was doing sanda lili li ... :lol:

it is well. One day, you guys will look back and see why I have fought against lower division players in the SE.
My only problem with your comment is that your "fight" on CE has no impact, dont get me wrong I admire your passion but the energy must be directed at where changes can be made
CE is just a gathering of frustrated fans and projecting a fan's view or comment as endemic of our football is a but of a stretch
i agree with Danfo 100%, we all saw our own Kante today, if such a player was kept out, how many other quality players are being left out , because of the likes of Ekong, Musa, Aribo( who wears the number 10 shirt) chei this is painful. There is a top quality Nigerian center back at Slavia, who was part of the best 11 of the group stages of the Europa league.

We need to go after the FA instead of yabbing and abusing limited players. Yusuf was the best player today and i hope he will be available for the rest of the tournament. Whenever we have a worker in midfield alas Onazi etc our SE goes far.

please go and watch the game again and focus on Yusuf

I am so happy about this player. So glad we do have real midfielders out there
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:05 pm Ahmed Musa is not a "conspiracy theory"

So based on your assumption that Musa is being invited to the SE because he’s from the North, so why will the NFF, with most of its principal officers from the North deny a bona fuse Northerner like Yusuf an invitation?
Your argument doesn’t make sense!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mystic wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:10 pm

There are others.

Because he had no choice. He finally invited another goalkeeper (which was necessitated by Okoye opting out of the Nations Cup). Meanwhile Ndidi's injury was the reason he invited Alhassan. Now I have to give it to him that he did the needful after observing their qualities in camp. But he would have known about these qualities earlier he had invited them when he should have.

Abeg where was the camp held? Dubai? I guess getting Nwabili and Yusuf into the SE justifies the Dubai trip! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:30 pm
akamoke wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:21 pm

i agree with Danfo 100%, we all saw our own Kante today, if such a player was kept out, how many other quality players are being left out , because of the likes of Ekong, Musa, Aribo( who wears the number 10 shirt) chei this is painful. There is a top quality Nigerian center back at Slavia, who was part of the best 11 of the group stages of the Europa league.

We need to go after the FA instead of yabbing and abusing limited players. Yusuf was the best player today and i hope he will be available for the rest of the tournament. Whenever we have a worker in midfield alas Onazi etc our SE goes far.

please go and watch the game again and focus on Yusuf

I am so happy about this player. So glad we do have real midfielders out there
Im not disagreeing with the premise of his statement, just making the point that the view of fanbases have no impact on what is going on in the glass house, this is why I have chosen the path of least resistance, enjoy the Afcon and celebrate the tournament. I would love Nigeria to do well, but will also celebrate good football as I am now between Egypt and Moz
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:35 pm
mystic wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:10 pm

There are others.

Abeg where was the camp held? Dubai? I guess getting Nwabili and Yusuf into the SE justifies the Dubai trip! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But see how slow we were at times today playing under such humid conditions. And was Yusuf's injury not a heat related injury? Sorry I can't support you on this one. We should have camped in West Africa.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

:thumb: :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:13 pm

Mr. Dubai, Market dey :lol: :lol: ! The Dubai training saw serious humiliation on your team today. Players huffing and puffing.. fans weeping and your NFF counting their shopping bags from Dubai. :woot: :rotf:
Mr “Yusuf will not play a minute in AFCON” (YWNPAMIA), Shebi you were the one carrying the NFF shopping bags in Dubai? BTW, how are Egypt, who camped in West Africa on your recommendation doing? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:32 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:05 pm Ahmed Musa is not a "conspiracy theory"

So based on your assumption that Musa is being invited to the SE because he’s from the North, so why will the NFF, with most of its principal officers from the North deny a bona fuse Northerner like Yusuf an invitation?
You are choosing to be in denial.

Musa has connections in the NFF, it isn't simply because he is from the North. I never claimed such.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:52 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:13 pm

Mr “Yusuf will not play a minute in AFCON” (YWNPAMIA), Shebi you were the one carrying the NFF shopping bags in Dubai? BTW, how are Egypt, who camped in West Africa on your recommendation doing? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MR. Dubai -Aribo 6 Games, I heard you collected bribes and facilitated the multiple friendly games we were supposed to play in Dubai :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Apparently, you chop for inside to the detriment of your own country. Hope you enjoyed the huffing and puffing? :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:53 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:32 pm

You are choosing to be in denial.

Musa has connections in the NFF, it isn't simply because he is from the North. I never claimed such.
Unfortunately, Dammy is an insider. He has benefited from the stealing and corruption, so its normal for him to chook his head into the Duba sand. :oops: :oops: