Yusuf on his debut

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Yusuf on his debut

Post by Tobi17 »

Was heads and shoulders the best player today, over established players like Iwobi, Onyeka etc...which begs the question- how many more gems have our NFF stupidly overlooked and refused to call up because they "lack experience?"...who's to say the likes of Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Gift Orban, Ifeanyi Matthew etc could have been our next "Alhassan Yusuf's" if they got this opportunity?

Why are we so scared of taking risk as a nation?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Yusuf on his debut

Post by YemiBrazil »

The interesting thing is the amount of risk taken by Stephen Keshi towards our 2013 AFCON victory (a manager that I personally don't like but who pleasantly surprised me with his approach towards that AFCON).

We already have a clear precedence but still we argue and act in favour of stupidity all the time.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bros the NFF is KILLING SE

I refuse to believe it is all on the coach.

The NFF is imposing players. And it's beyond the obvious in Ahmed Musa.

Do you remember Pesseiro once called Yusuf only for the NFF to tell Antwerp that he wasn't needed.

This NFF needs to be completely gutted or nothing will change. A new coach with these same buffoons in charge will not do a gaddem thing.

There are MANY players that can improve this team, but SE is like a fraternity where seniority matters and it's hard to get in.

Look how long it took for Boniface to get a look.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Anyone who understands football will know that the SE midfield has been crying for a Yusuf type player, a player in the mold of Onazi/ Etebo, with the energy to cover every blade of grass.
Peseiro went to watch him against Porto in the UCL and he even scored in the match but Peseiro still didn’t call him up.
Peseiro is just a lazy coach who’s satisfied with the status quo otherwise players like Ogbu would be in the squad
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:44 pm Anyone who understands football will know that the SE midfield has been crying for a Yusuf type player, a player in the mold of Onazi/ Etebo, with the energy to cover every blade of grass.
Peseiro went to watch him against Porto in the UCL and he even scored in the match but Peseiro still didn’t call him up.
Peseiro is just a lazy coach who’s satisfied with the status quo otherwise players like Ogbu would be in the squad
Nothing more to add. The coach loses our main DM and then proceeds to call up Alhassan. He probably didn't even know how to use him. The guy should have been in the original 25.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:30 pm Was heads and shoulders the best player today, over established players like Iwobi, Onyeka etc...which begs the question- how many more gems have our NFF stupidly overlooked and refused to call up because they "lack experience?"...who's to say the likes of Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Gift Orban, Ifeanyi Matthew etc could have been our next "Alhassan Yusuf's" if they got this opportunity?

Good point.
So does this now put the ‘northern agenda’ conspiracy theories to rest?
Because Yusuf has been ignored for an eternity, yet see what he did today.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:48 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:44 pm Anyone who understands football will know that the SE midfield has been crying for a Yusuf type player, a player in the mold of Onazi/ Etebo, with the energy to cover every blade of grass.
Nothing more to add. The coach loses our main DM and then proceeds to call up Alhassan. He probably didn't even know how to use him. The guy should have been in the original 25.
Myself and VE are on record as calling for Yusuf’s integration into the SE since last year!
Those seeing him today for the first time are making the most noise all over the forum
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont think it's the coach tbh.

Something very rotten going on in that NFF.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:50 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:30 pm Was heads and shoulders the best player today, over established players like Iwobi, Onyeka etc...which begs the question- how many more gems have our NFF stupidly overlooked and refused to call up because they "lack experience?"...who's to say the likes of Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Gift Orban, Ifeanyi Matthew etc could have been our next "Alhassan Yusuf's" if they got this opportunity?

Good point.
So does this now put the ‘northern agenda’ conspiracy theories to rest?
Because Yusuf has been ignored for an eternity, yet see what he did today.
I think it's more about players who have influence with the NFF.

The NFF has actually refused Yusuf once after Pissero called him up.

Something very shady going on.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Not to keep beating a dead horse.

But to think if not for injury to Ndidi he wouldn't have been invited especially when there was space to invite him?

This is borderline coaching Malpractice.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:57 pm

But to think if not for injury to Ndidi he wouldn't have been invited especially when there was space to invite him?

I totally agree
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Here is the story. It's not the coach, it's the NFF.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/soccernet. ... n.html/amp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

We have a guy playing Div 1 and CL regularly. We have another guy struggling to make the team in Div 2, sitting on the bench in the south coast of England, and yet, it is the second guy we picked??? Consistently? And our fanbase accepted it and continues to accept it???!

In this wicked weather, just imagine we had both Alhassan and Folorunsho (in the second half) - two midfielders with high intensity! Yet, we had Aribo come in and he was doing sanda lili li ... :lol:

it is well. One day, you guys will look back and see why I have fought against lower division players in the SE.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:57 pm

And that's the most annoying thing. There was space to invite the boy especially for the friendlies but he ignored him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I was the 1st to call for the inclusion of Yusuf and onyedika but as usuall the brainless gatekeepers kongi the dunce, 419Naija and MaceoLow1q were against this. Now here we are.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Great debut. He has an unbelievable engine but there's also a footballer there. The cross to Zaidu, the slip pass he tried to make to Simon.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We were told that all the players we clamor for are not better than the ones invited.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I put it to you that Daniel Daga, Eletu will do no worse than Onyeka did today
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

You are making a reach here.

Yusuf was clearly the best player today but that fors not mean those you listed will be the same. First, Yusuf is a 110 player. Are the others the same type of player? It matters.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:44 pm

You are making a reach here.

Yusuf was clearly the best player today but that fors not mean those you listed will be the same. First, Yusuf is a 110 player. Are the others the same type of player? It matters.
How many people have told us we are making unnecessary noise about Yusuf ?

That he won't make a difference.

There are many more Yusufs out there in many positions.

Bet on that !
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:31 pm I put it to you that Daniel Daga, Eletu will do no worse than Onyeka did today
Blame the coach. Onyeka is not a DM.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Well said Van City,

He would never have gotten an opportunity of Ndidi wasn't injured. Here he is starting. Meanwhile another last minute guy got minutes. You are right, the NFF is dropping the ball. Should have had another young versatile attacking player. We could have used him today. So all the people saying they wouldn't have played yada yada were proven wrong the very first day!

Again, this isn't the 90s, squad really matters and Nigeria has more depth than most.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:05 pm Here is the story. It's not the coach, it's the NFF.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/soccernet. ... n.html/amp
Was it NFF or Peseiro that invited Yusuf? If it’s Peseiro, then he was the one who cancelled the invitation and the NFF are only the medium of communication
I am happy