Pissierro is a good coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pissierro is a good coach

Post by ugly boy »

I haven’t watched super eagles create this many scoring chances in a long time. When the eagles have the ball they are probably the best team in AFCON. They also have a pattern of play, they try to retain possession using CBs that can play the ball out from the back (minus Ekong who was a surprise inclusion). No coach can convert chances they can only put players in a position to succeed and considering this team is still being built I am not disappointed with the product on the field. The results are another matter however off the ball the team is very suspect. However the opposition had one shot on goal you can’t blame the coach who creates 8+ scoring chances and limits the opposition to 1 shot on target. This team is way better than the results are showing and fans need to be patient with this team or ruin a potential world beater before it’s born.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Pissierro is a good coach

Post by Cellular »

ugly boy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:57 pm I haven’t watched super eagles create this many scoring chances in a long time. When the eagles have the ball they are probably the best team in AFCON. They also have a pattern of play, they try to retain possession using CBs that can play the ball out from the back (minus Ekong who was a surprise inclusion). No coach can convert chances they can only put players in a position to succeed and considering this team is still being built I am not disappointed with the product on the field. The results are another matter however off the ball the team is very suspect. However the opposition had one shot on goal you can’t blame the coach who creates 8+ scoring chances and limits the opposition to 1 shot on target. This team is way better than the results are showing and fans need to be patient with this team or ruin a potential world beater before it’s born.
Pretty Boy, is your coffee cup made of lead?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:05 pm
ugly boy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:57 pm I haven’t watched super eagles create this many scoring chances in a long time. When the eagles have the ball they are probably the best team in AFCON. They also have a pattern of play, they try to retain possession using CBs that can play the ball out from the back (minus Ekong who was a surprise inclusion). No coach can convert chances they can only put players in a position to succeed and considering this team is still being built I am not disappointed with the product on the field. The results are another matter however off the ball the team is very suspect. However the opposition had one shot on goal you can’t blame the coach who creates 8+ scoring chances and limits the opposition to 1 shot on target. This team is way better than the results are showing and fans need to be patient with this team or ruin a potential world beater before it’s born.
Pretty Boy, is your coffee cup made of lead?
We are prisoners of the moment. His selection to the squad leaves more to be desired however his team has a pattern of play and create chances game after game. What they need to work on is when they lose possession. I remember the team we last took to World Cup was very unadventurous and everyone complained. They created few chances but gave away nothing and the average Naija fan was tired of the boring football. If this team can put away their chances they will be hard to beat by any team at this AFCON
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Somebody is talking truth.

Pisseros team creates a TON of chances and half chances.

This is not even new.

Even the first match vs Ecuador we created enough chances to beat them by 2 or 3 goals yet we lost because of poor finishing.

This has been happening over and over.

Another horrible case of this was the Saudi Arabia match where we could literally have beaten them 5-1.

His problem however was his instance on 442. This at times left us vulnerable to counter attacks, and also at other times limited our offensive output because Iwobi was doing the job of a DM.

Our other problem was Uzoho, who was single handedly costing us matches.

But our poor results never really matched the way we were playing. People are stuck on the results and thus they think SE is poor.

I can tell you now that of all the teams I have seen at this afcon, only CIV and Senegal are better.

We were better than Egypt, Algeria, Ghana, Cameroon.

In fact Owngoal reported that no other team created more chances than Nigeria. I wonder if anybody can check those stats.

We do need patience, rather than the typical Nigerian mentality of tearing everything down and "rebuilding"

Cisse of Senegal has been on the job for how many years ? He wasn't successful at first.

Also the NFF needs to just get the fock out of the way and let the coach pick the team. We also need better scouting because our team can be so much better with the right players. Look at Yusuf for instance.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Eguavoen was blamed when his team lost despite the fact that the conceded only three goals in 6 competitive matches. Two of the goals were goalkeeping blunders and the third was a penalty due to a freak handball from no pressure. Pesserio must be held responsible for all his team results. When he starts winning, I will praise him. But we won't accept this double standard
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:04 pm Eguavoen was blamed when his team lost despite the fact that the conceded only three goals in 6 competitive matches. Two of the goals were goalkeeping blunders and the third was a penalty due to a freak handball from no pressure. Pesserio must be held responsible for all his team results. When he starts winning, I will praise him. But we won't accept this double standard
Egu wasn't fully to blame but what else do you expect but to fire a coach after 2 monumental failures ?

Do you think Pesseiro will be retained if we go out in the 2nd round ?

I do blame Egu for playing 442 and for keeping our best player (Iwobi) on the bench.

Yes he is responsible for those STUPID decisions.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

By the way it's not that Pesseiro or any of these coaches are "good"

But he is definately serviceable.

If he gets rid of his stupid ideas

442, Uzoho,

And is more proactive in scouting for new players and dropping garbage ones.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Sadly I suspect the the clamour for Iheanacho’s inclusion will see us revert to 4-4-2.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:19 pm By the way it's not that Pesseiro or any of these coaches are "good"

442, Uzoho,

It is astounding how you bend over backwards to defend an Oyinbo coach who isn't delivering, yet you afford no grace to an indigenous coach. Which leads me to this question, are you ethnically Nigerian? The preponderance of evidence suggests that you lived in Nigeria and like SE but you are not ethnically Nigerian. You can't be. I doubt you will be honest to admit it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

How many titles has he won as a coach.?

What is his coaching record.?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:29 pm Sadly I suspect the the clamour for Iheanacho’s inclusion will see us revert to 4-4-2.
Like it began with Rohr.

That lead to a long period of ineffective lineups under THREE SEPERATE COACHES.

If Pesseiro knows what is right he will stick with 433 or use a 352, but he has never even done that in friendlies so highly unlikely.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:31 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:19 pm By the way it's not that Pesseiro or any of these coaches are "good"

442, Uzoho,

It is astounding how you bend over backwards to defend an Oyinbo coach who isn't delivering, yet you afford no grace to an indigenous coach. Which leads me to this question, are you ethnically Nigerian? The preponderance of evidence suggests that you lived in Nigeria and like SE but you are not ethnically Nigerian. You can't be. I doubt you will be honest to admit it.
Pesseiro has not yet failed on delivering anything.

Egu failed TWICE.

If Pesserio goes out in the 2nd round or worse he will be fired.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:22 pm

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

Egu failed once (via GK error)...the WCQ. He didn't have a mandate for the ANC since he was filling in with such short notice. Remember most of us didn't even expect the team to get out of the group stages...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

Nice and well. The question still remains- are you ethnically Nigerian? Be honest.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:29 pm Sadly I suspect the the clamour for Iheanacho’s inclusion will see us revert to 4-4-2.
I think he will play him on the right wing
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:44 pm

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

Egu failed once (via GK error)...the WCQ. He didn't have a mandate for the ANC since he was filling in with such short notice. Remember most of us didn't even expect the team to get out of the group stages...
That guy is strange! Have you checked Passieros winning rate? Forget about Saotome How has he performed against the big teams Algeria, Portugal, Mexico, Ecuador? You are comparing a coach that has been incharge for over a year to Eguavoen that was an interim coach for only a few weeks? Ok oh, colomentality is really bad!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

Oh shut up.

He failed at the afcon.

Our worst outing in 30 years.

And what the heck do you mean "nobody expected the team to get out of the group" ?

In an era where 3 teams can qualify ? So nobody expected us to finish above Sudan or Guinea Bissau.

I have never seen such shameless bootlicking for failure in my life.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:03 pm

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

That guy is strange! Have you checked Passieros winning rate? Forget about Saotome How has he performed against the big teams Algeria, Portugal, Mexico, Ecuador? You are comparing a coach that has been incharge for over a year to Eguavoen that was an interim coach for only a few weeks? Ok oh, colomentality is really bad!
For How long was the Ghana coach in charge, when he humbled Egus team ?

Otto Addo badly outclassed Egu in his first 2 matches in charge of the team. The final match he reshuffled his team to deal with our threat. Egus answer was to bring on Musa.

You guys are complaining about friendlies yet Egu failed spectacularly in TWO MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:10 pm

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

Otto Addo badly outclassed Egu in his first 2 matches in charge of the team. The final match he reshuffled his team to deal with our threat. Egus answer was to bring on Musa.

You guys are complaining about friendlies yet Egu failed spectacularly in TWO MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS.
VE, are you ethnically Nigerian. Be honest
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

That Ghanaian team was bad, they were rated as the worst team at the world cup. Stop lying! Ghana didn't outclass us, infact we only lost because Uzoho happened
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

What are you talking about, we outplayed Ghana in both games and had the better scoring chances, did you forget Simons 1v1 in Ghana? He hit it right at the keeper, that was the best chance of the game to us in their home, silenced their crowd. They barely tested us. Then in our home Uzoho had his howler…You can’t be objective when it comes to LCs, it’s just not in your capacity, so this is pointless…if a player misses 1v1 for an LC the LC is to blame, same happens for FC then player is to blame…carry on sha…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

gochino wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:55 pm
I think he will play him on the right wing
That’s even worse. But I don’t think he will actually. Kel will play around Osimhen and Yusuf, Lookman and Iwobi will have cover excess ground. Hopefully we’ll play Onyedika instead of Onyeka as he’ll have more positional discipline.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:39 pm

442, Uzoho,

Egu failed TWICE.

That Ghanaian team was bad, they were rated as the worst team at the world cup. Stop lying! Ghana didn't outclass us, infact we only lost because Uzoho happened
Ghana didn't outclass us.

Addo outclassed Egu in terms of coaching.

He made strong adjustments at halftime in the 2nd match and shut us out. Egus answer was to bring on Musa.