WHATEVER HAPPENS PESSEIRO MUST STAY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHATEVER HAPPENS PESSEIRO MUST STAY

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:22 pm
Coach wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:31 pm Performance must be reviewed at the tournament against a yardstick of realistic expectations. Nigeria are, at best bang, average. The sobriquet, African Giant, is at best “flattery” and at most an ode to Oluwa Burna. Kings of old, certainly, once upon a timers, absolutely, but in recent times, they’re anything but.

Whilst expectations shouldn’t be lowered to levels where mere participation is sufficient, there must be objectivity. At best, it’s a bang average starting 11, with a sprinkle of stardust in an APOY.

If they make it to the semis, that’s a decent achievement. That being said, the football itself leaves much to be desired, even against a bang average metric scale. Can only imagine it’s the humidity that’s so energy sapping.

A lot of bang average teams at Afcon. That is why I have Nigeria reaching the Quarters even with the average team. Once the team gets to the last 8. They will meet Senegal or Morocco .

We need a new coach. A new coach with fresh ideas. Got to overhaul the team.
If we top our group we will not meet Senegal until the semis.

Morocco not until the final.

We must top our group. We would likely meet Egypt or Ghana in the quarters.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:33 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:22 pm
Coach wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:31 pm Performance must be reviewed at the tournament against a yardstick of realistic expectations. Nigeria are, at best bang, average. The sobriquet, African Giant, is at best “flattery” and at most an ode to Oluwa Burna. Kings of old, certainly, once upon a timers, absolutely, but in recent times, they’re anything but.

Whilst expectations shouldn’t be lowered to levels where mere participation is sufficient, there must be objectivity. At best, it’s a bang average starting 11, with a sprinkle of stardust in an APOY.

If they make it to the semis, that’s a decent achievement. That being said, the football itself leaves much to be desired, even against a bang average metric scale. Can only imagine it’s the humidity that’s so energy sapping.

A lot of bang average teams at Afcon. That is why I have Nigeria reaching the Quarters even with the average team. Once the team gets to the last 8. They will meet Senegal or Morocco .

We need a new coach. A new coach with fresh ideas. Got to overhaul the team.
If we top our group we will not meet Senegal until the semis.

Morocco not until the final.

We must top our group. We would likely meet Egypt or Ghana in the quarters.
Will still meet a team that knock the team out, won’t shock me if it is in 2nd round. No team fear the SE and they are studying the Ivory Coast film making adjustments on how to play Nigeria. Nigeria got to counter that by making our adjustments. Can’t seat back and invite the pressure, Got to press more and finish in the final third.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:42 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:40 pm CIV is not a good team. Good teams don’t lose to Nigeria at home,
Says you.
I wonda-oo! I no no wetin Ohenhen1 dey tok. Ohenhen1, please what are you saying?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Babalawo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:11 pm His target is the Semis anything short of that he should be fired!
His record before this game has been abysmal.
Simples!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:28 pm
Babalawo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:11 pm His target is the Semis anything short of that he should be fired!
Simples!
I thought the goal was the usual, 3rd place Bronze? :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:35 pm
Simples!
Never the goal. But we settle for it when we can't win. We look forward to Uganda being disappointed with an AFCON bronze.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:41 pm
Simples!
Never the goal. But we settle for it when we can't win. We look forward to Uganda being disappointed with an AFCON bronze.
Can you blame the guy? A Nigeria, Packerland, was celebrating "winning bronze" yesterday! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: kaiii!! How the mighty have fallen. We won bronze! :lol: :lol: O ma se o!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:30 am
Simples!
Can you blame the guy? A Nigeria, Packerland, was celebrating "winning bronze" yesterday! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: kaiii!! How the mighty have fallen. We won bronze! :lol: :lol: O ma se o!
Bronze is not bad if, for instance, you have a team full of inexperienced young players. But otherwise, it is not to be celebrated.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Simples!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Me too.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:53 pm
Simples!
Bronze is not bad if, for instance, you have a team full of inexperienced young players. But otherwise, it is not to be celebrated.
Chief,
I don’t think there is any player, or any team in any competition at any level anywhere on the planet that didn’t celebrate a goal in a third place play-off, or an eventual victory with a bronze medal.
Show me one and I’ll show you a player that has completely lost his passion for the game.

You don’t set out ab initio gunning for bronze, but you celebrate whatever decoration you achieve.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:21 am
aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:53 pm
Simples!
Chief,
I don’t think there is any player, or any team in any competition at any level anywhere on the planet that didn’t celebrate a goal in a third place play-off, or an eventual victory.
Show me one and I’ll show you a player that has completely lost his passion for the game.

You don’t go out ab initio gunning for bronze, but you celebrate whatever decoration you achieve.
I disagree. For Nigeria, if we win a bronze, except in the circumstances I mentioned above, it is not worth celebrating. By not celebrating, I do not mean that there should be recriminations or that there should be no smiles as the players receive their medals. Beyond that it should be a reflection on the positives and negatives.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

gochino wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:47 pm
Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:45 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:59 pm He is a good coach.

You cannot blame the man for Osimehns inability to finish.

Best defensive display I've ever seen from SE.

He set the team up to counter. We played very well.

Why should we get a new coach in the middle of WCQ, it will not end well trust me.

The NFF should just renew his contract and let him choose his players.

We need to get rid of certain junks and add new players, but Pesseiro must stay.
I love u man…..

U are a typically Fan - Goes with the wind - very fickle

Did u not open a thread like this after Egu won three games in a row? Then joined to insult him after Ghana?
Thats going too far sef, just minutes before kick off he was calling the coach daft and saying he should be sacked because of his formation.
I think we can all agree that WHATEVER HAPPENS FROM NOW ON, PESEIRO NEEDS TO GO!!
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Oh well...
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

VanCITY Don run ? :lol: :lol:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:22 pm VanCITY Don run ? :lol: :lol:
Once it is a foreign coach he gets all the benefit of the doubt from Vancity
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Why should we get a new coach in the middle of WCQ, it will not end well trust me.

We need to get rid of certain junks and add new players, but Pesseiro must stay.
Own it. You wanted him to stay. Don't flip flop now.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:oops:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:38 am

Own it. You wanted him to stay. Don't flip flop now.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Be gone Peseiro and make sure the door don't hit you on da way out !!
A coach who don't know how to manage the mid-field is an agbero coach !!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

It's amusing whenever come across posts calling for Jose's dismissal :D . Here we have a coach who fulfilled his contractual obligations, leading the team to the final of a major tournament after a decade. It reminds me of the clamor for Clemens Westerhof's removal when Algeria secured its first AFCON victory, beating Nigeria in the 1990 final.

Assessing continuity and change demands a nuanced approach, recognizing shifts where common sense suggests stagnation and identifying continuities where we assumed that there was change. Such judgments can be grounded in historical comparisons, be it between past and present or before and after pivotal events like our disappointing 2022 World Cup qualifying series. The evidence on ground suggests progress under Jose's leadership. Those failing to recognize it may either lack perception, harbor biases, or just angling for their favored candidate regardless of the coach's evaluation.

The NFF technical team and coach must prioritize strengthening our midfield through comprehensive scouting efforts, both domestically and internationally. It's evident that our midfield was the weakest link during this tournament, highlighted by the stark absence of any shots on target from our midfielders throughout the entirety of the competition. We are currently lacking midfielders who embody the skill and prowess of players like Oliseh, Okocha, Atebo, Mbah, Fofana, Kessie and others of their caliber. We must devise strategies aimed at fortifying our midfield for forthcoming competitions.