I hope the NFF is drawing up a list of midfielders for the World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
I hope the NFF is drawing up a list of midfielders for the World Cup

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Thuis area remains the Archiles Heel of the team. We simply lack the creativity that is required to break stubborn teams down.

Some of you may be getting carried away with yesterday's win but come the World Cup, we will be facing sterner tests than the tame Elephants. Can we beat a team that plays with a Catenaccio-style defence for instance?

In the run-up to North America 2026, the NFF needs to do two things:

Employ one out of:
Jose Mourinho
Herve Rene
Zinadine Zidane

Look for two or three midfielders to add to this team. Here are the midfielders I would suggest they look at for now:

Anchormen
Wilfred Ndidi
Frank Onyeka
Raphael Onyedika

Box-to-box midfielders
Alhassan Yusuf
Innocent Bonke
Joe Aribo
Kelechi Nwakali

Playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Michael Olise
Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
Akinwunmi Amoo

We want to take six of these to the World Cup.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I hope the NFF is drawing up a list of midfielders for the World Cup

Post by Undertaker »

This must be AI-generated! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wow. Joe Aribo, a box-to-box midfielder? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Employ one out of:
Jose Mourinho
Herve Rene
Zinedine Zidane............. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Undertaker on Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Wow. Innocent Bonke, a box-to-box midfielder?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Undertaker wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:49 pm This must e AI generated! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It is AA generated!😁😁😁
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:09 pm
Undertaker wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:49 pm This must e AI generated! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It is AA generated!😁😁😁
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Undertaker wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:49 pm This must be AI-generated! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wow. Joe Aribo, a box-to-box midfielder? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Employ one out of:
Jose Mourinho
Herve Rene
Zinedine Zidane............. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

The only thing that make sense in all ya list above is the list below. Even not proper..

Jose Mourinho?
My broda at this level we need a Local Coach Like Siasia. Abeg. Anything less its a failure.

Playmakers
Alex Iwobi -------- This Dude don Try. To me if we still rely on this for Midfield na wah.
Michael Olise--- Playing For France
Fisayo Dele-Bashiru ----- na who be dis?
Akinwunmi Amoo----------- dis one I know got some incredible talent. Is he still relevant? Where is he playing his trade now?
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:05 pm Thuis area remains the Archiles Heel of the team. We simply lack the creativity that is required to break stubborn teams down.

Some of you may be getting carried away with yesterday's win but come the World Cup, we will be facing sterner tests than the tame Elephants. Can we beat a team that plays with a Catenaccio-style defence for instance?

Employ one out of:
Jose Mourinho
Herve Rene
Zinadine Zidane

Look for two or three midfielders to add to this team. Here are the midfielders I would suggest they look at for now:

Anchormen
Wilfred Ndidi
Frank Onyeka
Raphael Onyedika

Box-to-box midfielders
Alhassan Yusuf
Innocent Bonke
Joe Aribo
Kelechi Nwakali

Playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Michael Olise
Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
Akinwunmi Amoo

Nwakali is more like an Oliseh kind of midfielder. I would say he is deep lying playmaker whom can spread the ball from the front of the defence line to the attack.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Agbako wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:16 pm The only thing that make sense in all ya list above is the list below. Even not proper..

Jose Mourinho?
My broda at this level we need a Local Coach Like Siasia. Abeg. Anything less its a failure.

Playmakers
Alex Iwobi -------- This Dude don Try. To me if we still rely on this for Midfield na wah.
Michael Olise--- Playing For France
Fisayo Dele-Bashiru ----- na who be dis?
Akinwunmi Amoo----------- dis one I know got some incredible talent. Is he still relevant? Where is he playing his trade now?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You have gotta love Nigerians. Never seen a citizenry who loves to reward corruption more than Nigerians. Tomorrow, they will complain about corruption. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Would like to see more of Fisayo Dele-Bashiru. Ibrahim Olawoyin is another AM that deserves a call-up. Then we have an emerging AM/CM in Ebenezer Akinsanrimo, and up and coming CMs/DMs like Victor Eletu and Daniel Daga.

Olise seems like he won't play for us. Amoo not sure what will come of him post allegations. He's more of a winger tho.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

CE Contributing Editor at it again.

Out to do what they are good at doing. Saboteurs pretending as fans.
β€œWe do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Alex Iwobi is been played out of position. He plays as a wide forward at club level and he scores goals and provides assists. '

Yusuf
Daga
Eletu
Akinsamiro
Nwakili

need to find defensive midfielders.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

olu wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:53 pm Wow. Innocent Bonke, a box-to-box midfielder?

Omo the tin weak me sef.

If Innocent Bonke is a box to box midfielder, then Victor Osimhen is a goalkeeper.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ayo is out of touch. He just listed 2 coaches that won’t even pick up our call and a 3rd that we can’t afford. Then a player that is committed to another country and another that was facing some serious rape charge. Bonke as a box-to-box midfielder is the cherry on top.

I promise you some people on this site sleeps upside down like a bat πŸ˜‚
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Some of you are just on planet earth to exasperate your fellow human beings. I refuse to take your bait:

Bonke Innocent (NGA) is a a ball winning midfielder and currently plays for Lorient. Bonke Innocent is 28 years old (1996/01/20) and he is 178cm tall. His preferred foot is Right. His jersey number is 8. Bonke Innocent has also been used as a holding midfielder, a deep lying playmaker and as a box to box midfielder.

Bonke Innocent's current transfer value is between €1.6M and €2.7M. His last transfer was from Malmo to Lorient in 2022. Lorient got Bonke Innocent for free.

Bonke Innocent latest transfers and transfer rumours, season statistics and career statistics are available on FootballTransfers.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/pl ... e-innocent
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:18 pm Some of you are just on planet earth to exasperate your fellow human beings. I refuse to take your bait:

Bonke Innocent (NGA) is a a ball winning midfielder and currently plays for Lorient. Bonke Innocent is 28 years old (1996/01/20) and he is 178cm tall. His preferred foot is Right. His jersey number is 8. Bonke Innocent has also been used as a holding midfielder, a deep lying playmaker and as a box to box midfielder.

Bonke Innocent's current transfer value is between €1.6M and €2.7M. His last transfer was from Malmo to Lorient in 2022. Lorient got Bonke Innocent for free.

Bonke Innocent latest transfers and transfer rumours, season statistics and career statistics are available on FootballTransfers.

Ayo

Do not be exasperated. Simply shoot your shot, bro.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:05 pm Thuis area remains the Archiles Heel of the team. We simply lack the creativity that is required to break stubborn teams down.

Employ one out of:
Jose Mourinho
Herve Rene
Zinadine Zidane

How do you pay for these coaches, Ayo?

Playmakers
Michael Olise

Has he agreed to play for Naija? So let it rest!!!

TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:26 pm
Ayo Akinfe wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:18 pm Some of you are just on planet earth to exasperate your fellow human beings. I refuse to take your bait:

Ayo

Do not be exasperated. Simply shoot your shot, bro.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What if we put the bait on a platter, will he take it? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sheer comedy.

Bonke is a destroyer. Pure and simple.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Whoever wrote that probably hasn't seen Bonke play

mystic wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:39 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sheer comedy.

Bonke is a destroyer. Pure and simple.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

All any averagely intelligent person needs to do is to Google Innocent Bonke. They will find Youtube videos of him playing the box-to-box role like this:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:07 am All any averagely intelligent person needs to do is to Google Innocent Bonke. They will find Youtube videos of him playing the box-to-box role like this:
So your conclusions are drawn from YouTube videos. Oya carry go.

PS - Anybody can play any position. The question is how effective are they in the position that they are playing. I have followed Innocent Bonke's career with keen interest from Sweden to France and have watched him play in more than a dozen games. He's very good at sitting in front of the defense and breaking up play. He's a physical specimen and is a very disciplined player from a tactical perspective. This is why Gernot Rohr liked him so much. Asking him to play as a box to box midfielder, you will not get the best out of him. And even more ludicrous is your notion of him as a deep lying playmaker.

Sorry old friend, but that is laughable and simply suggests that you have no clue what you're talking about.