Commitment of foreign born players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Commitment of foreign born players

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:33 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:30 am Prior to AFCON 2023, the poor string of results by the SE was blamed on the lack of commitment by fb players by a section of the Nigerian media and some CEs.
Even the Captain, Ahmed Musa, in an interview alluded to it and called for the integration of home based players into the SE to improve commitment and results.
After the game against CIV, fb players like Aina, Ekong, Bassey and Lookman were singled out for praise by the same people who had been criticising their lack of commitment to the national team.
I hope this puts an end to doubts over the commitment of our fb players.
I also wonder how Musa feels now in the midst of the players that he threw under the bus. If we win AFCON, they will do the hard work for him to take the glory of lifting the trophy
Using hyperbole to make a point.

You all can be as PC as you want to be but there's a difference between a Naijarian-born player and a Naijarian player born and raised overseas. It is the difference between HUNGER and STARVATION. It is not about toughness but about aggression... the Naija aggression is different. Can the foreign-born and raised players, learn it? Of course. But it is not Follow Come. We have seen these players grow and adapt.

Coach Prime made the same type of reference but in an American way when he talked about the type of player he recruits.

“Different positions are different,” Sanders said. “Like, O-linemen, I look for dual-parent homes, a strong father that they adhere to. A smart kid, at least 3.3 [GPA] and above. … Tough, physical, offensive linemen.

“Defensive linemen is totally opposite. Single mama, trying to get it, he’s on free lunch. I’m talking about just trying to make it. He’s trying to rescue mama. Like mama barely made the flight. And I want him to just go get it. It’s a whole different attribute that you look for in different positions. And we have that stuff just chronicled. We know what we want, and we go get it.”

He was skewered for stating something most coaches do when recruiting. It does not mean that there are no players that are smart, come from dual-parent homes, high GPA that can't be good defensive linemen. It is just that you can't train a lap dog to be a hunting dog...

With our foreign born players, they are learning to unleash the inner Naijarianess...

The aggression we all come with from growing up in Naijaria needs to be unleashed in them. Thankfully, they are adapting nicely. All of them...

The reverse also works against Naijarian born players who find it hard to adapt to a regimented routine... can't do the routine stuff regularly.
Chief, if it was simply or majorly down to “hunger” and “aggression”, Africa would rule the football world undisputedly.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:39 pm You're talking about people who think players born overseas are "begged" to play for Nigeria. :roll:

And now we have "unleash your inner Naijarianess". What does this mean? Genuinely curious.
I think the NFF should recruit players. Market the Naijarian men's national team but NOT beg anyone to play.
You must WANT to play because playing for Naijaria is not easy. Plenty wahala...

If you don't know what your "Inner Naijarianess" is at your advanced age, I can't help you.

But for those who genuinely want to know... it is that extra pepper that other Africans even oyibo people identify with us... with remarks that "we are just different"... from your norm. The confidence that we don't lack... the aggression we are known for. We even remark about it here when we see someone act with boldness and shout, Naijaaaa. The thing that makes your parents ask you, "the person that came first, how many heads do they have?..." The thing that makes you not be subservient to anyone.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:54 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:30 am Prior to AFCON 2023, the poor string of results by the SE was blamed on the lack of commitment by fb players by a section of the Nigerian media and some CEs.
Even the Captain, Ahmed Musa, in an interview alluded to it and called for the integration of home based players into the SE to improve commitment and results.
After the game against CIV, fb players like Aina, Ekong, Bassey and Lookman were singled out for praise by the same people who had been criticising their lack of commitment to the national team.
I also wonder how Musa feels now in the midst of the players that he threw under the bus. If we win AFCON, they will do the hard work for him to take the glory of lifting the trophy

You all can be as PC as you want to be but there's a difference between a Naijarian-born player and a Naijarian player born and raised overseas. It is the difference between HUNGER and STARVATION. It is not about toughness but about aggression... the Naija aggression is different. Can the foreign-born and raised players, learn it? Of course. But it is not Follow Come. We have seen these players grow and adapt.

Coach Prime made the same type of reference but in an American way when he talked about the type of player he recruits.

“Different positions are different,” Sanders said. “Like, O-linemen, I look for dual-parent homes, a strong father that they adhere to. A smart kid, at least 3.3 [GPA] and above. … Tough, physical, offensive linemen.

“Defensive linemen is totally opposite. Single mama, trying to get it, he’s on free lunch. I’m talking about just trying to make it. He’s trying to rescue mama. Like mama barely made the flight. And I want him to just go get it. It’s a whole different attribute that you look for in different positions. And we have that stuff just chronicled. We know what we want, and we go get it.”

He was skewered for stating something most coaches do when recruiting. It does not mean that there are no players that are smart, come from dual-parent homes, high GPA that can't be good defensive linemen. It is just that you can't train a lap dog to be a hunting dog...

With our foreign born players, they are learning to unleash the inner Naijarianess...

The aggression we all come with from growing up in Naijaria needs to be unleashed in them. Thankfully, they are adapting nicely. All of them...

The reverse also works against Naijarian born players who find it hard to adapt to a regimented routine... can't do the routine stuff regularly.
Chief, if it was simply or majorly down to “hunger” and “aggression”, Africa would rule the football world undisputedly.
What we are lacking is ORGANIZATION.

We don't have it.

France won the World Cup with Africans. Would the same France have won it if the players were playing for Senegal, Naijaria or Cameroon?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and watch out these ffb players will be singled out when we fail. Stay tuned tourney just beginning.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:01 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:54 pm

What we are lacking is ORGANIZATION.

We don't have it.

France won the World Cup with Africans. Would the same France have won it if the players were playing for Senegal, Naijaria or Cameroon?
...that has been said for ages, yet y'all keep electing nonentities as FA chief.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:23 pm
fabio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:18 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:06 pm
fabio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:58 pm Ahmed Musa feels good, Naija won.

Please point us to the interview, where Ahmed specifically threw fb players under the bus.
Go and look for the thread yourself! It’s on the forum!
Typical, I don't have evidence. Let me blame Musa.
Do the heavy lifting yourself and stop looking for others to do it for you!
Typically, even if evidence is presented to you, we know what you will do with it!
Musa is just an easy target.

Ahmed Musa, I have listened to has always advocated for Nigerian players. Nowhere, did he throw any player under the bus.

Then, again, please provide the evidence of the false narrative you are trying to create.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mcal wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:01 pm
...and watch out these ffb players will be singled out when we fail. Stay tuned tourney just beginning.
if we win because of the fb, who should be blamed for the loss?

People can't create a narrative of them and us. And expect it, not to backfire when things go wrong.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:05 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:23 pm
fabio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:18 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:06 pm
fabio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:58 pm Ahmed Musa feels good, Naija won.

Please point us to the interview, where Ahmed specifically threw fb players under the bus.
Go and look for the thread yourself! It’s on the forum!
Typical, I don't have evidence. Let me blame Musa.
Do the heavy lifting yourself and stop looking for others to do it for you!
Typically, even if evidence is presented to you, we know what you will do with it!
Musa is just an easy target.

Ahmed Musa, I have listened to has always advocated for Nigerian players. Nowhere, did he throw any player under the bus.

Then, again, please provide the evidence of the false narrative you are trying to create.
We both know that your position is written in granite and tons of evidence cannot change it. So don’t let us waste each other’s time going back and forth over something that can never change!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, commitment has been a problem but it is a lazy analysis to claim the commitment is simplistically based on whether someone is foreign or home based. We have pointed out that one can be hb today and fb tomorrow. If that is accurate, does commitment change?

My view is commitment is absolutely important and to add a further wrinkle is a request to have "consistent" commitment. This is the type Osimhen and Iwobi bring regularly.

Thus, commitment is key and I predicted that it will happen in the last game because of the opponent. It happened and you can search the thread. But will it happen when we play likes of Swaziland? I doubt it. That is my angst.

To break it down to foreign and local is failure to do a deep and complex analysis because it is not simplisticallly based in such an easy grouping of players.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

reads through some of the thread...ties to make sense of it, but attempt not successful.
ANC exits thread. Uncles carry on.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:33 pm In my view, commitment has been a problem but it is a lazy analysis to claim the commitment is simplistically based on whether someone is foreign or home based. We have pointed out that one can be hb today and fb tomorrow. If that is accurate, does commitment change?

My view is commitment is absolutely important and to add a further wrinkle is a request to have "consistent" commitment. This is the type Osimhen and Iwobi bring regularly.

Thus, commitment is key and I predicted that it will happen in the last game because of the opponent. It happened and you can search the thread. But will it happen when we play likes of Swaziland? I doubt it. That is my angst.

To break it down to foreign and local is failure to do a deep and complex analysis because it is not simplisticallly based in such an easy grouping of players.
Not too pick at details, but this thread is not about foreign or home based. It’s about where they were born.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:30 pm We both know that your position is written in granite and tons of evidence cannot change it. So don’t let us waste each other’s time going back and forth over something that can never change!
You still have not provided the evidence. Provide the evidence and don't waste my time.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:40 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:33 pm In my view, commitment has been a problem but it is a lazy analysis to claim the commitment is simplistically based on whether someone is foreign or home based. We have pointed out that one can be hb today and fb tomorrow. If that is accurate, does commitment change?

Not too pick at details, but this thread is not about foreign or home based. It’s about where they were born.
Thank you and my apologies.

However, while that may theoretically impact commitment, I frankly think that in the SE case the impact by place of birth will be very little. That is my view and I need examples to convince me otherwise.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:58 pm But for those who genuinely want to know... it is that extra pepper that other Africans even oyibo people identify with us... with remarks that "we are just different"... from your norm. The confidence that we don't lack... the aggression we are known for. We even remark about it here when we see someone act with boldness and shout, Naijaaaa. The thing that makes your parents ask you, "the person that came first, how many heads do they have?..." The thing that makes you not be subservient to anyone.
If you think Nigerians players born overseas suffer from a lack of confidence or aggression any more than players born in Nigeria then I'm really not sure what you're watching.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:54 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:30 pm We both know that your position is written in granite and tons of evidence cannot change it. So don’t let us waste each other’s time going back and forth over something that can never change!
You still have not provided the evidence. Provide the evidence and don't waste my time.
I don’t owe you any evidence! If you want evidence, Google is your friend.
Don’t try and use your cunny cunny way to derail the thread. I understand you very well
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So which of them commit pass Victor Osimhen?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:56 pm
Don’t try and use your cunny cunny way to derail the thread. I understand you very well
Still no evidence. Just an opportunity to smear Ahmed Musa. You owe your reputation, the evidence, not me.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:51 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:56 pm
Still no evidence. Just an opportunity to smear Ahmed Musa. You owe your reputation, the evidence, not me.
Wait, don’t go anywhere o! Evidence dey come o!
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:03 pm
Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:58 pm But for those who genuinely want to know... it is that extra pepper that other Africans even oyibo people identify with us... with remarks that "we are just different"... from your norm. The confidence that we don't lack... the aggression we are known for. We even remark about it here when we see someone act with boldness and shout, Naijaaaa. The thing that makes your parents ask you, "the person that came first, how many heads do they have?..." The thing that makes you not be subservient to anyone.
If you think Nigerians players born overseas suffer from a lack of confidence or aggression any more than players born in Nigeria then I'm really not sure what you're watching.
I never stated anywhere that they suffer a lack of confidence or lack of aggression.

They are just not as aggressive. I said it is the difference between HUNGER and STARVATION.

When you have to make a business decision, I know who will be pulling out of tackles.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:58 pm
I think the NFF should recruit players. Market the Naijarian men's national team but NOT beg anyone to play.
You must WANT to play because playing for Naijaria is not easy. Plenty wahala...

If you don't know what your "Inner Naijarianess" is at your advanced age, I can't help you.

But for those who genuinely want to know... it is that extra pepper that other Africans even oyibo people identify with us... with remarks that "we are just different"... from your norm. The confidence that we don't lack... the aggression we are known for. We even remark about it here when we see someone act with boldness and shout, Naijaaaa. The thing that makes your parents ask you, "the person that came first, how many heads do they have?..." The thing that makes you not be subservient to anyone.
And you think that the ‘something’ different isn’t seen in Brit-born Nigerians?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Maybe you ‘ajebota’ NaijAmericans :taunt: have been spoilt in God’s own country, but down here there are more than enough BriticoNaijas on the streets hustling to survive.
They are excelling everywhere you turn because that Naija spirit is in and all around them. There are ‘Nigerian’ boroughs spread around the main cities. We virtually live on top of each other because the UK doesn’t have the space.

So that ‘something different’ you refer to is not the exclusive preserve of Naija-born Nigerians. The DNA and attitude are inherited, taught and witnessed from the very day of birth.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:58 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:39 pm You're talking about people who think players born overseas are "begged" to play for Nigeria. :roll:

And now we have "unleash your inner Naijarianess". What does this mean? Genuinely curious.

This is looking for trouble. Abroad people will never agree because they'll see it as an indictment on their guidance as parents. If I was like you, I would mention Ethiopians and other immigrants organize "lesson" so third generation kids are literate in their language and know the culture. But I'm a man of peace so I won't bring up the subject.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

ANC wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:39 pm reads through some of the thread...ties to make sense of it, but attempt not successful.
ANC exits thread. Uncles carry on.
Gbam
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »