FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR 2024 U20 WWC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR 2024 U20 WWC

Post by Gotti »

Continuing the tradition of qualifying for EVERY U20 WC ever played (alongside US, Germany and Brazil)… :thumb:

Last edited by Gotti on Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR U20 WWC

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:26 pm Continuing the tradition of qualifying for EVERY U20 WC ever played (alongside US, Germany and Brazil)… :thumb:

:thumbs: Good!!!!! I look forward to watching them at the competition.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:43 pm
Gotti wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:26 pm Continuing the tradition of qualifying for EVERY U20 WC ever played (alongside US, Germany and Brazil)… :thumb:

:thumbs: Good!!!!! I look forward to watching them at the competition.

They have a lot of work to do ahead of the World Cup. I was not impressed with them today.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Congrats to the girls. Time to get to work and prepare hard for the big dance.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:46 pmThey have a lot of work to do ahead of the World Cup. I was not impressed with them today.
Hopefully the NFF will arrange for the team to have relatively good preparations for the WC..
The team has good players, and if need be Deborah Abiodun and Flourish Sebastine are still age-eligible for this WC.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Gotti wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:56 pm
mystic wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:46 pmThey have a lot of work to do ahead of the World Cup. I was not impressed with them today.
Hopefully the NFF will arrange for the team to have relatively good preparations for the WC..
The team has good players, and if need be Deborah Abiodun and Flourish Sebastine are still age-eligible for this WC.

Rofiat Imuran is still eligible as well. However the key as you said is the type of program that the NFF will draw up for them. There's still time for coach Danjuma to continue to tinker with the team if there are adequate preparations.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR 2024 U20 WWC

Post by bushboy »

Why are they wearing the old jersey?
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

That stadium is embarrassingly empty
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bushboy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:04 pm That stadium is embarrassingly empty
The pitch is awful as well
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mystic wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:29 pm

Rofiat Imuran is still eligible as well. However the key as you said is the type of program that the NFF will draw up for them. There's still time for coach Danjuma to continue to tinker with the team if there are adequate preparations.
Why should she be called up? She is already in the Falcons. The U20 is a developmental tournament not a must win. Call up younger players and give them exposure.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:07 amWhy should she be called up? She is already in the Falcons. The U20 is a developmental tournament not a must win. Call up younger players and give them exposure.
I don’t think the US thinks of the U20 WC as “a must win” and yet Sophia Smith was in the US’s 2018 U20 WC squad - after being capped at the senior level in 2017. Linda Caicedo is another senior international who played at the 2022 U20 WC after being capped at the senior level for Colombia in 2019 (and btw subsequently played at an even younger level at the 2022 U17 WC in November, about 2 months after the 2022 U20 WC). And these are just two highly-visible examples, but reasonably certain there are likely several more instances - and of course even moreso in the men’s U20 WC.

Now, coming to the Falconets, while I personally don’t think Imuran’s services would be necessary all things being equal (ie, no catastrophic or last-minute injuries, etc.), since her position is being filled by the Falconets’ skipper and thus presumably an area of strength on the team, in principle I would have little or no qualms about the odd age-eligible player or two already capped at the senior level (such as Comfort Folorunsho, as well as the aforementioned Abiodun or Sebastine) being added to the WC squad if it makes the team a better tournament-ready team - not least because young players actually often “develop” arguably even better when playing on better TEAMS!
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR 2024 U20 WW

Post by Gotti »

BTW, for anyone interested, here’s video of the full game…

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

When is this tournament? I might just fly in for our games. Flight from Houston to Columbia is only $500. $300 if you fly spirit air and carry your luggage on your lap like Kongi.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:33 am BTW, for anyone interested, here’s video of the full game…

:thumb:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:07 am
mystic wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:29 pm

Why should she be called up? She is already in the Falcons. The U20 is a developmental tournament not a must win. Call up younger players and give them exposure.

I'm not saying that she should be called up. I'm just pointing out that she's still eligible since Gotti had mentioned other players who still have eligibility. Whether she's called up or not is a decision that's left for coach Danjuma.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:33 am BTW, for anyone interested, here’s video of the full game…

Gotti, a few months ago you mentioned a new young Falconet (?). Extremely tall and skilful, you seemed quite excited by her. Is she on this team?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:26 pmGotti, a few months ago you mentioned a new young Falconet (?). Extremely tall and skilful, you seemed quite excited by her. Is she on this team?
If you’re referring to the posts below, she’s on the team (#9)…
I think while she shows potential, she’s still behind the likes of Sebastine.
Adisboy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:20 pm
Gotti wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:23 pm Btw, Faith Omilana is listed twice - as GK and defender…
She’s the 2022 U17 WWC goalkeeper, and the team is accordingly 19 players

Meanwhile, I hear that Janet Akekoromowei (16 years old, 6’2”), the first player from the Asisat Oshoala Academy to be invited for any of the youth national teams is serious baller and one to keep an eye on for the future.
Heard & saw clips of her a few month's back. From what I saw, calling her a "serious baller" is an understatement. I think we have something special here.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:25 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:26 pmGotti, a few months ago you mentioned a new young Falconet (?). Extremely tall and skilful, you seemed quite excited by her. Is she on this team?
If you’re referring to the posts below, she’s on the team (#9)…
I think while she shows potential, she’s still behind the likes of Sebastine.
Adisboy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:20 pm
Gotti wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:23 pm Btw, Faith Omilana is listed twice - as GK and defender…
She’s the 2022 U17 WWC goalkeeper, and the team is accordingly 19 players

Meanwhile, I hear that Janet Akekoromowei (16 years old, 6’2”), the first player from the Asisat Oshoala Academy to be invited for any of the youth national teams is serious baller and one to keep an eye on for the future.
Heard & saw clips of her a few month's back. From what I saw, calling her a "serious baller" is an understatement. I think we have something special here.
baller, watched the full match from Gotti,'s post above and she showed great potential, even runs like Oshoala sef. The girls played very well just need to be more selfless upfront and it would have been more than 1 goal.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli