Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)

Post by Odas »

Odas wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:47 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:42 pm I think CIV maybe out of AFCON oooo
They might and indeed, they need to. What a 'useless' team!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I'm sorry but Bright isn't living up to his name. Just not a sharp guy.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)FT

Post by Tbite »

Abeg Peseiro needs to work overtime with these boys in training.

I don't want to see any tiktok skits or instagram poses.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:50 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:43 pm
lacidi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:41 pm And we were twerking for playing 90mins defence and scoring a penalty goal against CIV
Why we no go twerk when that pk gave us 3 valuable points? :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: How the mighty have fallen.

And then Vancity twerked to open the thread that we should give Peseiro contract. :rotf:
Level done change a while ago ... once I embraced the reality, I've been less stressed watching SE games. You have seen our team. :lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yes, and "better opposition" will find it very easy against us.

We are built to win this tournment. No team left in the tornament is built with much depth and versatility like us. Be happy with what you have.
airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 pm The officiating was poor, but our attackers really let themselves down. They always pretty much make the wrong decisions. This team will find it very hard against better opposition
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

damekadon wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:43 pm I hope I'm wrong, but this naija team no be am. Next game may be their last game.
I beg to disagree. Getting a result in games like this is what builds character going into the knockout rounds. Sometimes you just have to grind it out and get the desired result. It's not pretty but it works. Remember what happened to us in our last AFCON outing after winning 3 games and losing in the next round?
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

DIMKA76 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:45 pm Naija playing rubbish today
Like always
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Naija fan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:48 pm Our passes are either too long or too short. Interestingly, the best passer on the team is VO
Don't say it too loudly. Unfortunately, he's not surrounded with enough football IQ players... it is what it is.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:57 pm
DIMKA76 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:45 pm Naija playing rubbish today
Like always
Professor Rawlings, how bodi? How your team dey do?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 pm Coach needs to work hard with Iwobi one on one.

I feel our tournament will live and die with whether or not he can step it up a notch.

Abeg Okocha go and demand more from your nephew. We need someone who has some semblance of technical ability.
When I mentioned this during our opening game vs EG, they nearly slap me for this forum. no wahala.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The team has reverted back to their pre-tournament form.

How can Peseiro get some consistent good play from this team?

Why play Osimhen 90 minutes?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:51 pm Guys, this 5-4-1 is the way it's going to be for better or worse. I can appreciate a tactical grind so long as the players are smart with their movements within the set up. That is what we struggled with in this game and made life unnecessarily difficult. Ironically, I felt the same way after the CIV game even though I twerked well well due to 3pts. Anyway, we move.

The biggest issue I saw today was finding the right balance wrt tempo in the conditions and being disciplined within it...

When the players transition quickly and we set the block, we are giving up ZERO chance. That for me is the best part of our game, but we need to control games better to be able to do this throughout the game.

And hopefully, some day soon, Osimhen will bury those chances :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Spend the day looking forward to this game and ended up watching rubbish; Aribo what a wastepipe and don’t get me started on Chukweze and Simon Moses two useless players. In they play Senegal next it is bye bye
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Spend the day looking forward to this game and ended up watching rubbish; Aribo what a wastepipe and don’t get me started on Chukweze and Simon Moses two useless players. If they play Senegal next it is bye bye.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

We played EQ we looked we could score more, we played CIV we looked we could score more, we played Guinea now and we looked we could have scored more! I'll take it, waiting for when osimhen chukwueze and the attack can get on board
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Another way to look at it is, we did not play as good as we are capable of, yet we qualified from the group. Imagine us hitting all cylinders in the next stage.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

having your players in Saudi Arabia is the result CIV dey enjoy right now. SOme here wanted VIc to go to SAudi..smh

Vic is playing like he plays in the Saudi league. Three games in and no goal to show for.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:48 pm
Odas wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:47 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:42 pm I think CIV maybe out of AFCON oooo
They might and indeed, they need to. What a 'useless' team!
EII,

I no no wetin you tok-ooo!
Last edited by Odas on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

having your players in Saudi Arabia is the result CIV dey enjoy right now. SOme here wanted VIc to go to SAudi..smh

Vic is playing like he plays in the Saudi league. Three games in and no goal to show for.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:54 pm I'm sorry but Bright isn't living up to his name. Just not a sharp guy.
Very dull fella, I wish Nathan Tella was here.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

In other words, you did not watch the games.
packerland wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:08 pm

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:39 pm
txj wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:38 pm Freaking stupid ref!!!!!!!!!!
I said she was very poor early in the 1st half, and some here disagreed.

CAF bungled on this.
Oh, I see what you mean. Not to sound sexiest, I don't think CAF should have appointed a female ref. in this game
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

davidbam14 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 pm
lacidi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:28 pm It's 3-0 against CIV, so that puts in perspective our 90 minutes negative football again CIV
very true, i guess the question is how good are we???
What does our 1-1 draw against a team that wazzed CIV 4-0 say?

They are a solid team that did what they had to do to progress. They are creating very good chances, the goals will come.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16