We need to talk about Osimhen guys

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We need to talk about Osimhen guys

Post by Dammy »

Vic scored in the first match, won the match winning penalty in the second match and forced the match winning own goal in the third game.
I don’t know what you’re whining about!
I am happy
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:47 pm
Naija fan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:45 pm The problem is not VO. The problem is the lack of quantity and lack of quality of in the passes directed towards him. He is by far the best passer on the team and he cannot pass to himself.
Yes and No.

I think Vic is sensational and our build up could be better, but he is getting good chances. He needs to bury them. He should have scored the Aina square ball today. The Aina throw in against CIV and the Iwobi through ball in the first game. Not even counting the half chances.

He can't really complain about the service although I agree that it could be better.
Point well taken. I do think, however, that we need a better build up from midfield to get him and the other strikers better passes.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:40 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:33 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:29 pm not another daft thread from this clueless OP
:rotf: :woot:
it is obvious the dude is trying so hard wanting to be the next bushboy. have you heard him speak during the zoom meetings? men i just shake my head. dude has zero ball sense
Tobi is Tobi. What else can one say :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Naija fan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:45 pm The problem is not VO. The problem is the lack of quantity and lack of quality of in the passes directed towards him. He is by far the best passer on the team and he cannot pass to himself. The other thing missing on this team is our not attempting long distance shots - the type we have seen Oliseh and Okocha take in the past. Sometimes you need to take some of these shots to keep the defense and goalie honest. Every once in a while they go in.
So how do you excuse the miss against EQ from Iwobi's defence splitting pass? Or the miss against CIV from Chukwueze's pass?

Osimhen has not been playing well lately, for club and country. I think he is just trying too hard to justify his star status. He needs to go back to how he used to play at Lille.

He is still a great player and the best we have but he has to start making it count with goals. That is why he is on the pitch.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I won't overreact about Osimhen but if he doesn't start scoring starting in the next game, we're getting dumped out of this competition.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:54 pm Vic scored in the first match, won the match winning penalty in the second match and forced the match winning own goal in the third game.
I don’t know what you’re whining about!
The ones he missed and they count. One of the reasons we ended up second in the table behind EQ.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Why blame any single SE player when any thinking person can note that most of these guys
do not show the same professionalism in GWG as at their various clubs. Anyone disputing what
I'm stating can not argue that if the same players performed the way they do in GWG at their clubs,
they will suggest they be invited to camp. Our players are simply lacking the discipline and pride
needed for national duty. A national team camp is no place for jankara trash-talks or revival
sing-alongs. We see camp practice videos with players acting as if they are at a pick-up game, and
just joking around, and this carries on to match situations.
At this level, if players can be excused for not being able to shoot at goal, make easy passes, or
make quick precise decisions, why lament about bad match showings and results? We are complicit
in the SE failures by indulging gross indiscipline and lack of focus by our heroes. We are reaping what we sow.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:11 pm Even Chelsea fans are beginning to get worried about the guy, the "overhyped" and "one season wonder" narrative is already flying around on Twitter
It is not chelsea fans. It is you and bushboy .
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

As a whole they are all just missing chances. Very funny because lesser profile players have been more clinical. That Nsue is looking like Harry Kane.

Moses had a great chance and he decided to dribble the goalie. Aina had a good chance but skied the ball.

As a whole they seem goal shy. They need to all collectively relax.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I still have full confidence in him. He has missed a few but anyone who does not see how much he tries is a hater. Those were not easy headers today and the good thing is he is not shying away from them. The goals will come.
But wow, Spanish Div 3 player from EQG has 5 goals in Afcon. My what a story and nice thumping of IVC!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:23 pm As a whole they are all just missing chances. Very funny because lesser profile players have been more clinical. That Nsue is looking like Harry Kane.

Moses had a great chance and he decided to dribble the goalie. Aina had a good chance but skied the ball.

Oshimen forgot his scoring boot at Italy hopefully he will discover his scoring mojo at the knock stages if not we better defend well if we can not score.
thanks
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

He is fine. Just needs to calm down.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

He is fine. He is putting himself where he needs to be. Has been involved in all our goals .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

It's a good thing we finished second in the group and will not stay at this stadium. Our shots-on-target stats have been dismal in this competition so far. I know EG has been scoring tons of goals, but maybe a new pitch is what we need.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:23 pm As a whole they are all just missing chances. Very funny because lesser profile players have been more clinical. That Nsue is looking like Harry Kane.

Strikers do not always have to score, but at least they should be hitting the target. How else do you score if you can't even hit the target? Right now, Osimhen can't even hit a shot on target apart from the goal he scored. In fact, the whole strike force has been dismal in that department.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

We are scoring well below the average of where we should given the quality of our strike force. I am just glad that we were able to advance given our poor offensive performance so far. The law of averages dictates that we will eventually revert back to the mean and these guys will start putting away these chances.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Nsue has 5 goals playing the EXACT same opposition.

Let that sink in. A 34yr old striker who plays in division 3, has 4 more goals than than the 25yr old APOY playing against the EXACT same teams.

And the APOY has had several chances.

I won't say anything more than that.
Last edited by bushboy on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:05 pm Nsue has 5 goals playing the EXACT same opposition.

Let that sink in. A 34yr old striker who plays in division 2, has 4 more goals than than the 25yr old APOY playing against the EXACT same teams.

e pain? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:05 pm Nsue has 5 goals playing the EXACT same opposition.

Let that sink in. A 34yr old striker who plays in division 2, has 4 more goals than than the 25yr old APOY playing against the EXACT same teams.

Salenko scored more in 3 than Romario scored in 7 in 1994. Osimhen has been involved in the 3 goals that gave us 7 points
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I just hope he starts getting the rub of the green. We cant win AFCON with only 1 goal from him.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Osimhen is not our problem. He was involved in all 3 goals we got. It's the other forwards we need to worry about. Teams will start double teaming Osimhen in the next round, and so far our forwards have not shown they can produce a single goal.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:20 pm Osimhen is not our problem. He was involved in all 3 goals we got. It's the other forwards we need to worry about. Teams will start double teaming Osimhen in the next round, and so far our forwards have not shown they can produce a single goal.
Notice that Osimhen was also involved in the disallowed goals. He's our most dangerous player right now.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I think this tournament has exposed why having a plethora of strikers isn't a flex anymore, I want us to stop gassing up ourselves over how stacked we are in attack cause we definitely aren't seeing the results...our much vilified defence ironically is the department carrying us so far in this tournament.