We need to talk about Osimhen guys

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
We need to talk about Osimhen guys

Post by Tobi17 »

Like let's leave our rose-tinted glasses of patriotic biases aside for a second and say it as it is, is this brother really as good as we make him out to be? there have been one season wonders in football who fizzled out cause "water finally found its level"- is this what we're witnessing here?

Maybe BushBoy was right about Osimhen all along, it's embarrassing defending the so called APOY at this point! Haba! see how Kudus single-handedly carries Ghana by always stepping up big time for them, Osimhen meanwhile stat-pads against teams like Sao tome that even my Sunday league team will easily beat, but always flounders when the spotlights are on him in KEY MOMENTS, for goodness sake we didn't celebrate the likes of Emenike, Ideye etc like this guy yet they ALWAYS stepped up big for Nigeria when it mattered.

Man I'm tired...the likes of Boniface, Orban and Akor Adams at least give me some respite of hope.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: We need to talk about Osimhen guys

Post by Synopsis »

Anybody who says bushboy is right is an enemy of Nigeria.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Osimhen is fine. He will grow into the tournament. Even with his performance so far:

- scored only goal in EG game to give us a point (which now in hindsight was a good point)

- won penalty that led to goal and 3pts in second game

- hustled defender who then scored won goal that gave us win today and passage into next round

- one goal from being our second highest scorer of all time at his young age

All this without really having an amazing supporting cast
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

This seems like overreaction to me. It is not as though Osimhen has played poorly overall. He is still terrifying defenders and leading the attack very well, the boy has just been misfiring. It happens. We have to trust that he will start finishing again and maybe go on a streak of finding the net. That is his history. There are not many options behind him anyway, as mads as that would sound one month ago. Moffi is a late replacement who was not in the manager's original plans and Iheanacho is here to play as a support striker or on the right flank.

It is a good bet that Victor will find his shooting boots, we just need to keep feeding him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

donadoni wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:02 pm Osimhen is fine. He will grow into the tournament. Even with his performance so far:

- scored only goal in EG game to give us a point (which now in hindsight was a good point)

- hustled defender who then scored won goal that gave us win today and passage into next round

My guy we only have a knock stage left where winner takes it all, this is the moment where your best players or player is supposed to STEP UP and be the difference maker...can you in all honesty trust Osimhen to be that guy?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yeah he is not having a good tournament. He would have been benched by Napoli if he was playing like this. Maybe he is not interested.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:05 pm
donadoni wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:02 pm Osimhen is fine. He will grow into the tournament. Even with his performance so far:

My guy we only have a knock stage left where winner takes it all, this is the moment where your best players or player is supposed to STEP UP and be the difference maker...can you in all honesty trust Osimhen to be that guy?
You want a guy who has scored 4 goals in 12 over a guy who has scored 21 goals in 30?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He is playing well, just not scoring. Should have scored on that Aina cross.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:58 pm Like let's leave our rose-tinted glasses of patriotic biases aside for a second and say it as it is, is this brother really as good as we make him out to be? there have been one season wonders in football who fizzled out cause "water finally found its level"- is this what we're witnessing here?

Maybe BushBoy was right about Osimhen all along, it's embarrassing defending the so called APOY at this point! Haba! see how Kudus single-handedly carries Ghana by always stepping up big time for them, Osimhen meanwhile stat-pads against teams like Sao tome that even my Sunday league team will easily beat, but always flounders when the spotlights are on him in KEY MOMENTS, for goodness sake we didn't celebrate the likes of Emenike, Ideye etc like this guy yet they ALWAYS stepped up big for Nigeria when it mattered.

Man I'm tired...the likes of Boniface, Orban and Akor Adams at least give me some respite of hope.
Tobi = Bushboy= Falsehoods.

Why not state your real agenda? We get it, you don't like the man for personal reasons best known to you. At least be fair now. Has Osimhen missed chances? Yes! Can he improve with his finishing? Yes! But you can't deny that Osimhen has been instrumental for every goal Nigeria has scored thus far.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Even Chelsea fans are beginning to get worried about the guy, the "overhyped" and "one season wonder" narrative is already flying around on Twitter
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:11 pm Even Chelsea fans are beginning to get worried about the guy, the "overhyped" and "one season wonder" narrative is already flying around on Twitter
Osimhen does not worry me…..he will come good and when he does, he will go flying…

The issue is that Peseiro is not helping him…

Btw….that Abidjan pitch is awful…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

not another daft thread from this clueless OP
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Osimhen was outstanding today. Outstanding. His runs, hold up play, link up play, hustle.
He’s become such a complete footballer.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:29 pm not another daft thread from this clueless OP
:rotf: :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Osimhen is playing hard. The ball is just not going on. I personally think he is not interested in the tournament. It is hot and he doesnt want to get injured. So he is not going all out. Hopefully they can talk to him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:05 pm

YES i trust him!

You guys are so fickle Gaddemit!
So tell me what option do you have? Moffi? Onuachu?

Let Osimhen breathe! He has had a hand in all goals credited to us!
Last edited by Babalawo on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:33 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:29 pm not another daft thread from this clueless OP
:rotf: :woot:
it is obvious the dude is trying so hard wanting to be the next bushboy. have you heard him speak during the zoom meetings? men i just shake my head. dude has zero ball sense
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

The problem is not VO. The problem is the lack of quantity and lack of quality of in the passes directed towards him. He is by far the best passer on the team and he cannot pass to himself. The other thing missing on this team is our not attempting long distance shots - the type we have seen Oliseh and Okocha take in the past. Sometimes you need to take some of these shots to keep the defense and goalie honest. Every once in a while they go in.
Last edited by Naija fan on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Naija fan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:45 pm The problem is not VO. The problem is the lack of quantity and lack of quality of in the passes directed towards him. He is by far the best passer on the team and he cannot pass to himself.
Yes and No.

I think Vic is sensational and our build up could be better, but he is getting good chances. He needs to bury them. He should have scored the Aina square ball today. The Aina throw in against CIV and the Iwobi through ball in the first game. Not even counting the half chances.

He can't really complain about the service although I agree that it could be better.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

I think the team is not playing to his strengths.

He's constantly making runs particularly into the channels but if our dancers don't release the ball early enough he's caught offside or the defenders mark the space and the chance is gone.

Yes - he's missed a multitude of chances but I think its all weighing (APOY/Capocannoniere) on him and it shows in his game. He always appears rushed and he needs to calm down. I think its a mind thing and he might need to do some inner work. I presume theres a psychologist on board with the medical team.

He'll come good, I just hope its sooner rather than later.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:47 pm
Naija fan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:45 pm The problem is not VO. The problem is the lack of quantity and lack of quality of in the passes directed towards him. He is by far the best passer on the team and he cannot pass to himself.
Yes and No.

I think Vic is sensational and our build up could be better, but he is getting good chances. He needs to bury them. He should have scored the Aina square ball today. The Aina throw in against CIV and the Iwobi through ball in the first game.

He can't really complain about the service although I agree that it could be better.
We need Vic…yes, he’s an important player for us even when he doesn’t score…yes, but is he wasting good chances…yes. His complaint can’t really be service at this point, he needs to work out whatever is affecting his composure, be it too much pressure or too relaxed and start at the least hitting the target. I’m not even asking for scoring, at least hit the target, make the keeper work. I don’t think that’s asking too much…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Osimhen did well today.