Let’s play with 2 strikers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Let’s play with 2 strikers

Post by john12 »

Yes, osimhen hasn’t been proficient at scoring thus far, but his overall performance has been much solid than chukwueze and Simon, and I will rather the latter be dropped . Why can’t our coach utilize similar formations that keshi used in 2013. (433 or 4312) To me, our most impediment has been the midfield and the sooner people realize that starting two Center midfielders in modern football 11, the likelihood of an imbalanced formation.

Iheanacho/Moffi….. osimehn

Lookman.

You will see a huge difference. 541 should only be used vs superior teams
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Let’s play with 2 strikers

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We can't keep shape shifting in panIc mode all the time. Eventually we have to find a system and perfectly it over time. The 343 gives us one of our best defenses in modern times. The attack will follow, it's just a matter of time. Imagine if went to all our previous wc knowing how to defend a 1 goal lead.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:41 am We can't keep shape shifting in panIc mode all the time. Eventually we have to find a system and perfectly it over time. The 343 gives us one of our best defenses in modern times. The attack will follow, it's just a matter of time. Imagine if went to all our previous wc knowing how to defend a 1 goal lead.
I disagree sir. First of all, our traditional wingers Simon and chukwueze end product has been slacking and they’re not scoring. Furthermore , the 343 formation has only 2 Center midfielders starting which is extremely risky. Additionally, there are potent strikers like moffi and Iheanacho on the bench. However you analyze our formation, it isn’t balanced and we should only play such formation against the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Morocco etc. 541 against Guinea bissau common dawg it hasn’t gotten that bad
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:41 am We can't keep shape shifting in panIc mode all the time. Eventually we have to find a system and perfectly it over time. The 343 gives us one of our best defenses in modern times. The attack will follow, it's just a matter of time. Imagine if went to all our previous wc knowing how to defend a 1 goal lead.
I said it was a crappy lineup an I was right.

An eyesore of a game today.

And yes the point made by the original poster is correct.

2 central midfielders is absolutely retarded in modern football. I've been saying it for 2 years and these foolish coaches we have keep using it.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:45 am
I disagree sir. First of all, our traditional wingers Simon and chukwueze end product has been slacking and they’re not scoring. Furthermore , the 343 formation has only 2 Center midfielders starting which is extremely risky. Additionally, there are potent strikers like moffi and Iheanacho on the bench. However you analyze our formation, it isn’t balanced and we should only play such formation against the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Morocco etc. 541 against Guinea bissau common dawg it hasn’t gotten that bad
It doesn't really matter who we play.

352 is the best option.

Osimehn and Lookman up top.

A midfield trio with Iwobi advanced and any 2 of Onyeka, Yusuf, Onyedika behind him.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:52 am
john12 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:45 am
It doesn't really matter who we play.

352 is the best option.

Osimehn and Lookman up top.

A midfield trio with Iwobi advanced and any 2 of Onyeka, Yusuf, Onyedika behind him.

352 or even 433 is absolutely balanced and competent. I keep getting angry when people disrespect onyeka and iwobi not realizing that, they’re been overworked in the midfield.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Do you want to be conceding cheap goals while trying to accomodate another striker?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Robotnik wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:01 am Do you want to be conceding cheap goals while trying to accomodate another striker?

2 strikers in a 352 or even 433. Our wingers are very inefficient and ineffective might as well replace them with solid strikers on the bench
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I guess shaky shaky voice now has his password back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:07 am I guess shaky shaky voice now has his password back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lmao uncle “you’re a Top G sha”. Respect!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:13 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:07 am I guess shaky shaky voice now has his password back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lmao uncle “you’re a Top G sha”. Respect!
My bro, after hearing your voice on the call last week - as e be like woman voice - sorry, I no fit take you seriously anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The problem is the midfield. It doesn't matter if you play with 5 strikers.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If Nacho is healthy, we need to figure a way to get him in the line up and maintain the defensive structure we've had. He is the only other player besides Osimhen that has a knack for goals.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:03 am If Nacho is healthy, we need to figure a way to get him in the line up and maintain the defensive structure we've had. He is the only other player besides Osimhen that has a knack for goals.
And we are in the knockout stages. While Umar has played 2 times since they conspired to send him out of the team.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:50 am The problem is the midfield. It doesn't matter if you play with 5 strikers.
Yes the problem IS the midfield.

The coach has started his nonsense of playing 2 .midfielders.

Remember the first match where he finally played 3. We had far more chance creation than any other match.

And that was against the group leaders.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:28 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:50 am The problem is the midfield. It doesn't matter if you play with 5 strikers.

Remember the first match where he finally played 3. We had far more chance creation than any other match.

But the midfield has surprisingly created enough decent chances, our attack seems to be the biggest let down so far...defence, Midfield and GK have largely looked decent if we are to honest.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:31 am

But the midfield has surprisingly created enough decent chances, our attack seems to be the biggest let down so far...defence, Midfield and GK have largely looked decent if we are to honest.
We didn't create much today.

Let's be honest.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:32 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:31 am

We didn't create much today.

Let's be honest.
Off the top of my head

Osimhen had two easy chances off superb crosses from Bassey and Aina to score

Simon had a 1v1 and acted the part- like the donkey he is

One player (can't remember if it was Iwobi or Simon) had an open net but mistimed his kick. On balance of play we were lethargic, but should have won that by 3 goals to 1 (Guinea Bissau goal looked legit to me).

Did you watch the match at all?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Outside of Osimhen. Who else had a good scoring opportunity.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

This categorization of our current defense is just an opinion based on delusion. The SuperEagles have never wantonly conceded goals. This team has experienced the same lapses that have seen us concede inadvertent goals in the past. Today, we were lucky not to have conceded a goal because the ref blew her whistle for offsides🤔❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:45 am
This categorization of our current defense is just an opinion based on delusion. The SuperEagles have never wantonly conceded goals. This team has experienced the same lapses that have seen us concede inadvertent goals in the past. Today, we were lucky not to have conceded a goal because the ref blew her whistle for offsides🤔❗️

Cheers.
TTTK,

Statistically, the formation has kept us at a point where we are no longer regularly conceding goals. In fact, we have only conceded big in the first game where it was used in a friendly against Guinea.....but then again, in that gamer it was not the first team that played even though the same formation was apparently applied in a test....Although someone could successfully argue that the reason we are no longer regularly conceding is because of the change of goalkeeper.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

So Kelechi is not fit?
Wow. Wonders.
I thought it was only Bobby Boucher, why would SE need two water boys?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Where did you read that? I only said "if" he is fully fit because of the initial reported was that he missed camp because he wasn't fully fit. He was on the sidelines a couple of times to come in as a sub, so he must be fit.
ANC wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:10 am So Kelechi is not fit?
Wow. Wonders.
I thought it was only Bobby Boucher, why would SE need two water boys?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.