Anyone who says SE players should chase the $$$ to Saudi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Anyone who says SE players should chase the $$$ to Saudi

Post by Bigpokey24 »

e no go better for that person , just look at what the likes of Kessi, Fofana etc have become? Even Koulibally and a few Senegal players are looking suspect

Saudi is a retirement league and is a very very very rubbish league as far as standards
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Naija fan
Egg
Egg
Re: Anyone who says SE players should chase the $$$ to Saudi

Post by Naija fan »

Exactly how much did they offer VO?
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When Courtois advised them, they said his head was not correct. :lol:

Players who play in weak leagues (like lower division) find it very hard to compete at a top level.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bunch of fan boys. And if he goes in the summer, while ya'll grow some balls and call him out. All I will say is that everyone has a price. Look at what the Saudi's did to the PGA Golf. If they want Osimhen at all cost, they'll get him. Ronaldo with all his money and fame was screaming he wants Champions League football until they showed him the money. Now the Saudis are using him as their sales boy with his crazy talk that the Saudi League is better than Ligue 1.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:53 am Bunch of fan boys. And if he goes in the summer, while ya'll grow some balls and call him out. All I will say is that everyone has a price. Look at what the Saudi's did to the PGA Golf. If they want Osimhen at all cost, they'll get him. Ronaldo with all his money and fame was screaming he wants Champions League football until they showed him the money. Now the Saudis are using him as their sales boy with his crazy talk that the Saudi League is better than Ligue 1.
Thats not how it works. Some people think about life differently from others. Clearly you have a price, not everyone does. :oops:

P.s- Henderson that went there, is back to backwater Europe.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:21 am e no go better for that person , just look at what the likes of Kessi, Fofana etc have become? Even Koulibally and a few Senegal players are looking suspect

Saudi is a retirement league and is a very very very rubbish league as far as standards
It’s not about you or Nigeria. It’s about the players and their futures. How did Rasheed Yekini die…or even Stephen Keshi? Sometimes, a player has to consider securing their future if the right offer comes along. Nigeria can find other players. He on the other hand only has one life

How long does a soccer career last? There’s a lot of life to live after a career. Too many of our ex pros are always looking for testimonial games to play to use to chop. Post retirement, Europe generally has no use for them either
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:11 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:21 am e no go better for that person , just look at what the likes of Kessi, Fofana etc have become? Even Koulibally and a few Senegal players are looking suspect

It’s not about you or Nigeria. It’s about the players and their futures. How did Rasheed Yekini die…or even Stephen Keshi? Sometimes, a player has to consider securing their future if the right offer comes along. Nigeria can find other players. He on the other hand only has one life

How long does a soccer career last? There’s a lot of life to live after a career. Too many of our ex pros are always looking for testimonial games to play to use to chop. Post retirement, Europe generally has no use for them either
i think we have had this debate before.

We are okay with players going to Saudi. Absolutely no one said they shouldnt go. However, once they sign that Saudi contract, they should absolutely NOT put on our jersey while they are playing in that league. Simple as that. There is no quarrel. Same way the player chooses his future, the country should have the right to also choose her's.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yet Mendy, Koulibaly and Mane are doing just fine. Mane is even building hospital, schools and football pitch for his village. He is so rich, each villager is getting a monthly stipend.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mane is earning $830k per week. You won't take that?

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We have seen how Saudi Arabia has decimated the CIV midfield with Fofana and Kessie becoming shadows of their former selves.
Mahrez has been anonymous while Khoulibaly and Mane’s influence on the pitch has waned.
It’s ok for players in their 30s to go to Saudi Arabia but not those in their prime.
Aymeric Laporte, the Spanish international defender recently complained about the standards there and also said many European players were not happy there. There are rumours of Benzema trying to come back to Europe amongst many others.
Ronaldo must have been high on something to say that the backwater Saudi league is better than Ligue one
I am happy
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:37 am We have seen how Saudi Arabia has decimated the CIV midfield with Fofana and Kessie becoming shadows of their former selves.
Mahrez has been anonymous while Khoulibaly and Mane’s influence on the pitch has waned.
It’s ok for players in their 30s to go to Saudi Arabia but not those in their prime.
Aymeric Laporte, the Spanish international defender recently complained about the standards there and also said many European players were not happy there. There are rumours of Benzema trying to come back to Europe amongst many others.
Ronaldo must have been high on something to say that the backwater Saudi league is better than Ligue one
The yeye Ugandan here who is always looking for at pointless argument and attention was asking me to name names of Saudi-based players whose forms have gone done.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=315673&p=5942739#p5942739
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is one very unintelligent post. How did Steve Jobs die? He died wealthy. Did the money save him? My goodness. Nigerians and the obsession with everything money
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:17 am

We are okay with players going to Saudi. Absolutely no one said they shouldnt go. However, once they sign that Saudi contract, they should absolutely NOT put on our jersey while they are playing in that league. Simple as that. There is no quarrel. Same way the player chooses his future, the country should have the right to also choose her's.
And it is our right as Nigeria to impose any league quality condition we want to impose on our national teams. Like I said, Nigeria will find other players.

I wouldn’t go to Saudi Arabia for a 20% bump in pay, but when someone offers you 4 times what you would make in Europe, you may be certified insane if you don’t take that offer.

A soccer career is fluid. New managers can come who change your role/position or ship you off. An injury could end a career or form. And here is a player from Africa with little formal education, no significant prospects after his soccer career is over…. even permanent visa, him no get sometimes. And you’d rather he stay playing for Bordeaux when a Saudi team has offered him the yearly budget of the Gambia as salary? Nah fam, I can’t in good conscience advise that.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Go to Saudi when you’re over 30 and ready to focus on building hospitals and providing stipends to your villagers.

Until then, play in a proper league and make the most of that is a notoriously short career. It’s not like you’ll be playing for peanuts. If you’re smart, you’ll still make more money than you could possibly spend.

And yeah, like Yekini and Keshi and Steve Jobs and all your ancestors, one day you too will die. So don’t waste your one life.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:37 am Yet Mendy, Koulibaly and Mane are doing just fine. Mane is even building hospital, schools and football pitch for his village. He is so rich, each villager is getting a monthly stipend.

Mane was doing all that when he was still at Liverpool.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

anointed wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 am
Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:37 am We have seen how Saudi Arabia has decimated the CIV midfield with Fofana and Kessie becoming shadows of their former selves.
The yeye Ugandan here who is always looking for at pointless argument and attention was asking me to name names of Saudi-based players whose forms have gone done.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=315673&p=5942739#p5942739
You were pushing a narrative that has no legs. You tried to weasel out of it in that thread.
Give us specifics of how exactly the Saudi Arabian league affected players at AFCON.
Is the Saudi league responsible for the Egyptian’s display too.

CIV is clearly a poorly coached team, but here you are blaming a league.

I gave you examples of players in the Saudi league, and you gave none.
We will not accept this lazy generalization probably borne out of colomentality.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

CR7 is playing way better than he did in your massa’s EPL. In fact, he was on the Portuguese bench before going to Saudi. Now he is scoring for Portugal again.

His clubmate. Sadio Mane was a waste pipe at Bayern Munich. He is now looking sharp again.

CIV is a poorly coached team. Even Stevie Wonder can see it.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

it seems we are saying the same thing. They can go to Saudi Arabia. I have no issue with that. But we can also decide that they shouldnt play for us. They should have no problem with that.
deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:57 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:17 am

And it is our right as Nigeria to impose any league quality condition we want to impose on our national teams. Like I said, Nigeria will find other players.

I wouldn’t go to Saudi Arabia for a 20% bump in pay, but when someone offers you 4 times what you would make in Europe, you may be certified insane if you don’t take that offer.

A soccer career is fluid. New managers can come who change your role/position or ship you off. An injury could end a career or form. And here is a player from Africa with little formal education, no significant prospects after his soccer career is over…. even permanent visa, him no get sometimes. And you’d rather he stay playing for Bordeaux when a Saudi team has offered him the yearly budget of the Gambia as salary? Nah fam, I can’t in good conscience advise that.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:01 am Go to Saudi when you’re over 30 and ready to focus on building hospitals and providing stipends to your villagers.

Until then, play in a proper league and make the most of that is a notoriously short career. It’s not like you’ll be playing for peanuts. If you’re smart, you’ll still make more money than you could possibly spend.

And yeah, like Yekini and Keshi and Steve Jobs and all your ancestors, one day you too will die. So don’t waste your one life.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are a wicked man! I read the guy's post and just laughed! WHy didnt Mane go to China, when China was giving out Saudi money when Mane was in his 20s? Mane has now gone to Saudi to retire and someone is telling us about building hospitals and giving stipends to villagers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

After all, Oscar left Chelsea at 25 to go to China to become a billionaire. He went there, became a billionaire and he NEVER put on a Brazil shirt, ever again! o pa ri!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The Saudi league is improving. Competition is okay. We have also seen players from.Naloli and Liverpool struggle at Afcon
Abi my eyes dey deceive me didn't Salah and Osimhen both miss several chances. Are they also playing in Saudi Arabia?

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Not a fan of the Saudi move at all, especially for a player of Osimhens profile
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:41 pm The Saudi league is improving. Competition is okay. We have also seen players from.Naloli and Liverpool struggle at Afcon
Abi my eyes dey deceive me didn't Salah and Osimhen both miss several chances. Are they also playing in Saudi Arabia?
Don’t mind these guys. They are pushing their Eurocentric view without thought.
They cannot see a poorly coached CIV team yet want us to believe they can see players whose form dipped.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:29 pm Not a fan of the Saudi move at all, especially for a player of Osimhens profile
Osimhen is not going to Saudi, they can cry all they like. :lol: :lol:

Dude is one of the highest paid player in the Italian League (after signing his contract 4 weeks ago, to become the highest paid player in the club's history). In the summer, he will go to a top European club and be paid 3 times what he is presently making. He doesnt need to go to Saudi to make filthy money.