SE vs Cameroon Loading

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: SE vs Cameroon Loading

Post by kalani JR »

When was the last time we lost to Kmer?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:18 am Aboubakar vs our CBs will be a battle especially in those aerial duels, if I were the coach, I'll instruct Bassey to man-mark him...Bassey has the physicality to bully Aboubakar (who is no easy customer in those physical duels as well).
Is Awaziem now that bad, what happened to him?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Apparently all of Cameroons goals have come from set pieces.

We need to be mindful of this.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:40 am Apparently all of Cameroons goals have come from set pieces.

We need to be mindful of this.
Yup, all crosses and set pieces and they will do the same against us, Bassey/Omeruo/Ekong will be my ultimate CB pairings cause they have the height and presence.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:35 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:05 pm
ANC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:21 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:25 pm I hope we are wearing white vs Cameroon o.
Ehen…
But Amokachi said it is the white jersey that is jinxed, but I tend to agree with you.
Yes, I heard that.
I was wondering where that came from because the ‘evidence’ doesn’t support that belief.
It probably comes from one or two major losses in white which somehow stuck in the mind. Anyway, he’s thinking ‘jinx’. I’m more interested in the stats and more logical conclusions.
And from the post-Nike stats I last compiled about two years ago, we generally tend to do slightly better in white than dark green.

I’m actually getting my young nephew to compile outcomes of all teams in white and all teams in green at this AFCON.
Should be interesting. :D
Damunk

Do not seek for facts in any belief system. It is like religious belief. Beliefs are never meant to be facts. It is simply embedded in the head and mind.
Prof,
Weytin concern me with belief system? :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Cameroon land in Abidjan for Nigeria clash as Rigobert Song receives Vincent Aboubakar boost

Cameroon’s national football team is set to touch down in Abidjan today as the Indomitable Lions gear up for their highly anticipated last-16 showdown against Nigeria at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, Soccernet.ng reports.

Both Cameroon and Nigeria secured their spots in the first knockout round after finishing as runners-up in their respective groups.

The Félix Houphouet Boigny stadium will host this clash on Saturday, January 27, kicking off at 9 p.m.

It is noteworthy that this stadium witnessed Nigeria’s victorious last group match against Guinea-Bissau, ending 1-0.

Unlike Nigeria, who have been stationed in Abidjan for all three of their group matches, Cameroon traversed stadiums during the group stage.

Two games were played at the Charles Konan Banny Stadium in Yamoussoukro, while their final match took place at the Stade de la Paix in Bouaké.

For their encounter with Nigeria, the Indomitable Lions will move from their base in Bouaké to the capital, Abidjan. Covering a distance of approximately 343.2 km, this journey is a four-and-a-half-hour drive by road.

Following their triumphant performance against Gambia, the Indomitable Lions resumed training in Bouaké on Wednesday.

Departing early on Thursday morning, they will embark on a flight to Abidjan on the same day, ensuring ample time for preparation.

In a positive turn of events for Cameroon, head coach Rigobert Song has received encouraging news on the injury front.

Star forward Vincent Aboubakar and Clinton Njie, both previously sidelined, have made a full recovery. Aboubakar, injured during training in Yamoussoukro just days before the tournament, is back after a ten-day absence.

A pivotal player in Cameroon’s 2017 AFCON victory and the top scorer in the 2021 edition, Aboubakar’s return adds firepower to the team as they brace for the crucial clash against Nigeria.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/01/cameroon-l ... boost.html
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

2023 AFCON Nigeria v Cameroon: Is it time to unleash Kelechi Iheanacho?

A heavyweight AFCON clash sees Nigeria meet five-time champions Cameroon with a quarterfinal spot at stake on Saturday.

With chances likely to be at a premium against conservative opponents in a knockout stage encounter, Super Eagles boss Jose Peseiro has an intriguing decision to make regarding unleashing Kelechi Iheanacho from the start.

The Leicester City striker is yet to be utilized in the field of play by the national team gaffer for rather unclear reasons but there is no doubt whatsoever about the class and quality he brings to the Super Eagles attack.

His blend of crafty movement, silky touch, and clinical finishing could prove vital breaking the resilience of Cameroon's stubborn backline.

Against a well-drilled defense, Peseiro requires his forward players to move cleverly and combine intuitively to manufacture openings.

While Victor Osimhen offers raw pace to race behind, Iheanacho brings sophistication to unpick locks with intricate passing exchanges.

Iheanacho drifting between the lines presents the missing link to connect attacks. Osimhen cleverly occupying center-backs creates space for the Leicester City striker to operate in pockets to thread defence-splitting passes as well as occasionally playing as a right winger.

Against anticipated cagey opponents, Nigeria requires guile and craft as much as any physical attributes.

Kelechi Iheanacho brings that ingenuity and finishing touch in abundance to unlock defences if unleashed from the outset.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=50237
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:23 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:53 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm Yeah we will have fun with that Cameroon defence for sure, that will be a crazy game.
You still haven't learned your lesson.
yeah!
for me is going to be war!! we need to keep our formation, hopefully, by God's grace, we go to the quarter final!
And God doesnt like the Cameroonians, right?
Not really have you seen Cooking Spoon's avatar?
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Anyone who didn’t play in the first round will take a while to acclimatize to the brutal heat and humidity……
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

😂😂😂.
I am laughing at this thread because just about two years ago, the Super Eagles fans were planning who they'll play for the semi finals etc while forgetting that they still had to play Tunisia. Here that are waiting for Morocco in next round. Some people never learn. 😂😂😂
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:11 am 😂😂😂.
I am laughing at this thread because just about two years ago, the Super Eagles fans were planning who they'll play for the semi finals etc while forgetting that they still had to play Tunisia. Here that are waiting for Morocco in next round. Some people never learn. 😂😂😂
SE has a better record against Cameroon in Afcon (when is not the final).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:04 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:35 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:05 pm
ANC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:21 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:25 pm I hope we are wearing white vs Cameroon o.
Ehen…
But Amokachi said it is the white jersey that is jinxed, but I tend to agree with you.
Yes, I heard that.
I was wondering where that came from because the ‘evidence’ doesn’t support that belief.
It probably comes from one or two major losses in white which somehow stuck in the mind. Anyway, he’s thinking ‘jinx’. I’m more interested in the stats and more logical conclusions.
And from the post-Nike stats I last compiled about two years ago, we generally tend to do slightly better in white than dark green.

I’m actually getting my young nephew to compile outcomes of all teams in white and all teams in green at this AFCON.
Should be interesting. :D
Damunk

Do not seek for facts in any belief system. It is like religious belief. Beliefs are never meant to be facts. It is simply embedded in the head and mind.
Prof,
Weytin concern me with belief system? :rotf:
...because Nigerians (at least many here on CE) are hooked and jinxed on every thing other than kicking the ball.
If no be uniform color, na formation, or na player position, or number invited, or why not this player, and the delusion continues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Wasn't Vincent Aboubakar in Uyo when we thrashed Cameroon 4-0 and in Yaounde when we beat them 1-0? Cameroon will be more worried that we have not fired on all cylinders yet, and we may start turning on the heat in this game.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:32 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:23 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:53 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm Yeah we will have fun with that Cameroon defence for sure, that will be a crazy game.
You still haven't learned your lesson.
yeah!
for me is going to be war!! we need to keep our formation, hopefully, by God's grace, we go to the quarter final!
And God doesnt like the Cameroonians, right?
Not really have you seen Cooking Spoon's avatar?
geesh
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Bloody hell, we had an infamous public holiday yesterday and I thought today was Sunday (our time). It is Saturday........

I have prepared for the game early......

Fascinating. Well I guess in 24 hours time I repeat. For those wondering what it felt like... well I felt confident as the match approached...though I did wonder about Anguissa. He is much better than Onyeka. Closest we have to him is Yusuf.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I would play Moses Simon in this match. He has an excellent record of scoring against Cameroon.
In case it goes to penalties, I wonder who the kickers might be. Guessing:
1) Osimhen
2)
3)
4) Kelechi
5) Ekong
Can't think of anyone else with the nerves and the record in the team. Also no clue as to how Nwabali performs in a shootout.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... /Cameroon/
Games won: 12
Games drawn: 8
Games lost: 5
Date Match Result Score Competition
26 Apr 1960 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 International Friendly
08 Dec 1962 Nigeria v Cameroon W 3-1 Nkrumah Cup
15 Apr 1963 Cameroon v Nigeria W 1-3 International Friendly
31 Aug 1967 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 International Friendly
07 Dec 1968 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 FIFA World Cup
22 Dec 1968 Cameroon v Nigeria W 2-3 FIFA World Cup
22 Jan 1975 Nigeria v Cameroon W 1-0 International Friendly
17 Jul 1978 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 African Games
02 Feb 1980 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 International Friendly
18 Mar 1984 Cameroon v Nigeria L 3-1 Africa Cup of Nations
17 Mar 1988 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 Africa Cup of Nations
27 Mar 1988 Cameroon v Nigeria L 1-0 Africa Cup of Nations
10 Jun 1989 Nigeria v Cameroon W 2-0 FIFA World Cup
27 Aug 1989 Cameroon v Nigeria L 1-0 FIFA World Cup
25 Jan 1992 Nigeria v Cameroon W 2-1 Africa Cup of Nations
07 Aug 1997 Nigeria v Cameroon W 1-0 LG Cup
13 Feb 2000 Nigeria v Cameroon L 2-2 Africa Cup of Nations
01 Jun 2003 Nigeria v Cameroon W 3-0 LG Cup
08 Feb 2004 Cameroon v Nigeria W 1-2 Africa Cup of Nations
11 Oct 2015 Nigeria v Cameroon W 3-0 International Friendly
01 Sep 2017 Nigeria v Cameroon W 4-0 FIFA World Cup
04 Sep 2017 Cameroon v Nigeria D 1-1 FIFA World Cup
06 Jul 2019 Nigeria v Cameroon W 3-2 Africa Cup of Nations
04 Jun 2021 Nigeria v Cameroon L 0-1 International Friendly
08 Jun 2021 Cameroon v Nigeria D 0-0 International Friendly
27 Jan 2024 Nigeria v Cameroon Africa Cup of Nations
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

greg wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:16 pm I would play Moses Simon in this match. He has an excellent record of scoring against Cameroon.
1) Osimhen
2)
3)
4) Kelechi
5) Ekong
Can't think of anyone else with the nerves and the record in the team. Also no clue as to how Nwabali performs in a shootout.
Moffi
Ekong
Nacho
Lookman
Aina
OCCUPY NFF!!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:21 am
greg wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:16 pm I would play Moses Simon in this match. He has an excellent record of scoring against Cameroon.
1) Osimhen
2)
3)
4) Kelechi
5) Ekong
Moffi
Ekong
Nacho
Lookman
Aina
Wait. Are you not the one who is always shaking? 😂
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cameroon vs Nigeria: The making of Africa's biggest football rivalry
https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/68108725

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:58 pm Cameroon vs Nigeria: The making of Africa's biggest football rivalry
https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/68108725

3 goals in 3 games is very poor. We need goalscorers.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."