AFCON Semifinal Matches Set

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON knockout bracket set

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:07 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:59 am Nigeria should reach the semifinals and face Morocco in the semifinals. Looks like we are stuck with Peseiro for until after World Cup 2026.
I am hopeful that if we win, he will feel too bog for us and he will resign and take up another job -- telling them that he led us to the AFCON title!
I've actually gotten quite fond of the guy, he's a total spiv but that's how I like them.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I pick all the top seeded teams to advance to the next round. I see Nigeria and Morocco meeting in the semifinal game with Nigeria smacking them 3 - 0 to meet Senegal or Egypt in the final. At the end of the day the minnows will fall off.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:34 am I pick all the top seeded teams to advance to the next round. I see Nigeria and Morocco meeting in the semifinal game with Nigeria smacking them 3 - 0 to meet Senegal or Egypt in the final. At the end of the day the minnows will fall off.
Yup! Flossing never overcomes reality. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Minnows!, ...Minnows!!, ...Minnows!!!

Looking at how many so-called 'Minnows' made round of 16 versus those 'big boys'
that didn't, I believe we should at least show some respect and stop the arrogance of labeling
any team a minnow.

Many herein would have arrogantly rejected playing Mauritania or Namibia in a friendly
before this tournament. We will have to acknowledge that their is parity in talent
and understanding of the game on the continent. It's those fans who refuse to
realize these that will keep having nightmares when reality dawns.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

joao wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:23 pm Minnows!, ...Minnows!!, ...Minnows!!!

Looking at how many so-called 'Minnows' made round of 16 versus those 'big boys'
that didn't, I believe we should at least show some respect and stop the arrogance of labeling
any team a minnow.

Many herein would have arrogantly rejected playing Mauritania or Namibia in a friendly
before this tournament. We will have to acknowledge that their is parity in talent
Bros, there are actual "Football Minnows". But in a one-off situation, you can surprise someone.
Right now, there are no surprises.
Any kinks, underrating, or psychological advantages are off.
This is the round that squad depth and superior manpower will show.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

CIV will end up knocking out Senegal. Just watch!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Morocco is the team to beat. They have everything you need to win Afcon. Senegal vs Morocco in the final. Won't surprise me if Nigeria goes out in the round of 16. Nigeria certainly doesn't have the team to win Afcon but can pull out a few surprises.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Morocco head coach is a local coach. Senegal head coach is a local coach. E Guinea coach is a local coach. Meanwhile Ivory coast sacks their Wowo coach and reappoints Herve Renard in the middle of a tournament lol.

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:29 am
packerland wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:08 am One at a time gentlemen. We lost a WC ticket to one of the worst Ghanaian teams and this Cameroon team is not very good too but they know how to score last min goals. That’s how they qualified to the WC and this knockout round.
That’s because we had a naive administrator as coach. I tell you what. This SE team isn’t going to allow soft goals. We will be ready to claim out 4-0 victory.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

100%Naija wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:00 pm CIV will end up knocking out Senegal. Just watch!
Just like Equatorial Guinea. Smh.. CIV do not have the stamina against the Senegalese

A team with a new coach vs back to back Afcon finals with Cisse...don't make me laugh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

100%Naija wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:00 pm CIV will end up knocking out Senegal. Just watch!
wouldn't surprise me. They werent bad in the first round. Teams sat back and hit them on counter. I havent really watched Senegal much, but I do not think they sit back, do the?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:30 pm
wouldn't surprise me. They werent bad in the first round. Teams sat back and hit them on counter. I havent really watched Senegal much, but I do not think they sit back, do the?
Exactly.

People pointing to Equatorial Guinea don't know football.

1 plus 1 doesn't equal 2

Same way we drew Lesotho at home doesn't add up to us beating CIV away.

Senegal v CIV will be one hell of a match that can go either way.

E go do people like film trick
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Herve Renard the french woman national team coach is on loan from France to coach Ivory coast. That is next level Wowo lol. I hope Senegal put 5 past them. I hope Alou Cisse is okay. I heard he was admitted to the hospital before their last game. Senegal is my adopted team.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:23 pm Morocco head coach is a local coach. Senegal head coach is a local coach. E Guinea coach is a local coach. Meanwhile Ivory coast sacks their Wowo coach and reappoints Herve Renard in the middle of a tournament lol.
Kai, what exactly can he bring to the team at this time besides psychological boost? Ivory Coast will be energized psychologically and backed by huge home support but tactically, there would not be much that REnard would offer. If he attempts to do too much in short time then this team will be SEVERELY "INJURED" on the result sheet v Senegal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:19 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:23 pm Morocco head coach is a local coach. Senegal head coach is a local coach. E Guinea coach is a local coach. Meanwhile Ivory coast sacks their Wowo coach and reappoints Herve Renard in the middle of a tournament lol.
Kai, what exactly can he bring to the team at this time besides psychological boost? Ivory Coast will be energized psychologically and backed by huge home support but tactically, there would not be much that REnard would offer. If he attempts to do too much in short time then this team will be SEVERELY "INJURED" on the result sheet v Senegal.
Exactly, I don't think I have seen anything like this before. It is cutting edge WOWO. I am not even sure they can do this under CAF rules after a tournament has started.

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:28 pm
Exactly, I don't think I have seen anything like this before. It is cutting edge WOWO. I am not even sure they can do this under CAF rules after a tournament has started.
NFF is not so bad afterall.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The French federation rejected the Ivorian request to have Renard coach them through the end of the tournament.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:50 pm
The French federation rejected the Ivorian request to have Renard coach them through the end of the tournament.
So they only made the request. I heard he was already in Ivory coast appointed to take over from the sacked coach. Still cutting edge WOWO.

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He actually has been in CIV for a while, before Gassett was sacked.

Yaya Toure is actually assistant to Mancini who is coaching the Saudis. Both Yaya and Kolo have their FIFA A licenses but the Ivorians continue to recycling these spent Oyinbo coaches. wowoism at its best and quite amusing to watch as these oyinbo coaches continue taking their football to new lows
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:39 am
So they only made the request. I heard he was already in Ivory coast appointed to take over from the sacked coach. Still cutting edge WOWO.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I heard Emerse Fae has taken over. He was an assistant under Gasset. He knows the team, so I don't know why they would look beyond him.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:54 pm Herve Renard the french woman national team coach is on loan from France to coach Ivory coast. That is next level Wowo lol. I hope Senegal put 5 past them. I hope Alou Cisse is okay. I heard he was admitted to the hospital before their last game. Senegal is my adopted team.
Senegal and CIV are my 2 teams after SE.

It's hard to watch them play this early. But CIV needs this more than Senegal, so I will support CIV.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:57 am He actually has been in CIV for a while, before Gassett was sacked.

Yaya Toure is actually assistant to Mancini who is coaching the Saudis. Both Yaya and Kolo have their FIFA A licenses but the Ivorians continue to recycling these spent Oyinbo coaches. wowoism at its best and quite amusing to watch as these oyinbo coaches continue taking their football to new lows
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:39 am
Exactly, I am against bad coaches. To make matters worse they start lowering standards. You remember what they did to Amodu after finishing third. The NFF literally have it written in Peseiro contract that he will be given a two year extension if he finishes 4th. It is a serious problem.

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Cellular wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:57 pm
joao wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:23 pm Minnows!, ...Minnows!!, ...Minnows!!!

any team a minnow.

Bros, there are actual "Football Minnows". But in a one-off situation, you can surprise someone.
Right now, there are no surprises.
Any kinks, underrating, or psychological advantages are off.
This is the round that squad depth and superior manpower will show.
My problem is how many herein determine who the 'minnow' and 'big boys' are.
Except for those who believe football is like a 'monarchy' system, applying those terms
in a competitive endeavor is unrealistic and arrogant. I'm sure Ghana, Algeria, and Tunisia
are not having same feelings when watching those 'minnows' that sent them out of the competition.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges