Jordon Ibe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jordon Ibe

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:34 pm
COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:20 am He is playing fifth division football in England at the moment. I hope many other young players learn from his experience. This boy still only 28 moved from Liverpool to Bournemouth for 15 million pounds and now his career is finished. He felt he was too good for the Nigerian team and look at where he is. Maybe if he played for Nigeria he would have had more exposure and could still be playing at a decent level today. Good luck to him
Chief mental health is no joke.
Anyone who’s been involved involved in youth fball has seen many
phenoms fall by the wayside for a multitude of reasons.
But top on the list, is the mental stress caused by pressure to succeed.
Playing for Nigeria is no guarantee for success.
The lad has issues and unfortunately they seem to have gotten the better of him, as of now.
Wouldn’t it be better to show some empathy and humanity rather than the “how dya like me now” tone of your post?
The English FA and their fans need to support him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Please move this thread to World Forum. He is NOT an Eagle and we need to stop disrespecting those who wore our shirt and suffered with their blood spilled (Taribo), those who played sick and shed tears (Oliseh) and those who died (Okwaraji).
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

mcal wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:23 am ...live the kid alone, don't rub salt to injury.
Those like him who chose Nigeria, how man are playing in top euro league?
I can assure you that the careers of Okoye and Balogun were massively boosted by Nigerian callups.

The cultural affiliation also helps them look beyond England (or Germany in the case of Okoye and Balogun) a bit more than English players.

He most likely would not be playing in the 5th division if he chose Nigeria.

Balancing things out, many players born in Nigeria got a break from callups as well, especially at the Junior level, which is why the attitude of someone like Ndidi recently (yes he is currently injured) is a little puzzling.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Reading about the other factors going on with Ibe and wishing him all the best.

Being in the Naija setup, despite the administrative issues, tends to have a positive impact on these players, even beyond the field, and could help with the mental issues.

Dele Alli for instance, would definitely have benefited from even more grounding on Nigeria matters in his teenage years. His Dad (who has been unfairly maligned), should have done more, in my opinion.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:21 pm kid made a mistake ONLY because if he played for SE, he'd definitely be at the AFCON right now!

Dont forget that Nigerians love lower Div players and 2 weeks ago, campaigned heavily for a Div 4 players! Being in Div 5, he'd have been the crown jewel of CE members and would absolutely be in the team right now.
Reminds me of the Big Danny Shittu days.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There must be no player of Nigerian descent that has turned us down and gone on to have great professional careers since playing for the SE is the sole determinant of succesful careers for players of Nigerian decsent.

truetalk wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:12 pm Reading about the other factors going on with Ibe and wishing him all the best.

Being in the Naija setup, despite the administrative issues, tends to have a positive impact on these players, even beyond the field, and could help with the mental issues.

Dele Alli for instance, would definitely have benefited from even more grounding on Nigeria matters in his teenage years. His Dad (who has been unfairly maligned), should have done more, in my opinion.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I agree with you True talk. But perhaps another thread Is required for that topic.

There's no way you can be involved in the Nigerian senior set up and not have your eyes opened. I mean when you get to camp and see players coming from all corners of the globe you will have no choice but to take note.

Again, good luck to Jordon.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:20 am He is playing fifth division football in England at the moment. I hope many other young players learn from his experience. This boy still only 28 moved from Liverpool to Bournemouth for 15 million pounds and now his career is finished. He felt he was too good for the Nigerian team and look at where he is. Maybe if he played for Nigeria he would have had more exposure and could still be playing at a decent level today. Good luck to him
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-31903250

Mental Health things.
Glad he is on the road to recovery.

Not speaking for him but kids caught in two worlds find it much harder to adjust when their world seemingly comes crashing down. I hope he has a strong family unit to help him through this tough stretch.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

txj wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:18 pm
COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:28 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:26 pm
COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 am
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:00 am I think we need to show compassion for individuals that have fallen on hard times.

Jordan Ibe has been suffering from depression for several years. This is reflected in his non appearances for each club in the last few years.

Another one in a similar position is Dele Ali. Just because they didn’t play for Nigeria doesn’t mean we should mock them. We should be big enough to accept their decision and move on. The person that start this thread is like that guy that was rejected by a babe but keeps monitoring her and rejoices when she breaks up with her boyfriend. You come across looking stupid
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:00 am I think we need to show compassion for individuals that have fallen on hard times.

Jordan Ibe has been suffering from depression for several years. This is reflected in his non appearances for each club in the last few years.

Another one in a similar position is Dele Ali. Just because they didn’t play for Nigeria doesn’t mean we should mock them. We should be big enough to accept their decision and move on. The person that start this thread is like that guy that was rejected by a babe but keeps monitoring her and rejoices when she breaks up with her boyfriend. You come across looking stupid
Maybe you're actually stupid if you assume an observation is mockery.

This thread unfortunately has exposed you for what you are; blaming the player for not playing for Nigeria and therefore it is the reason for him ending up playing for Ebbsfleet.

A little research would have revealed Jordan Ibe has not made a single football appearance since September 2020 and he was not injured. He signed for Derby was released, he signed for Adanaspor was released and is now with Ebbsfleet and has not made a single appearance since he signed.

Where is the compassion for a person that is in crises ???
Get some brains loser, at what point did i apportion blame?

Then ottom line is that an international career puts a player in the shop window. I used Troost as an example. If you are getting your knickers in a twist because he is from your ethnicity, go put that cr*p in your pupe and smoke it.

You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
You can p1ss right off
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:38 pm

This thread unfortunately has exposed you for what you are; blaming the player for not playing for Nigeria and therefore it is the reason for him ending up playing for Ebbsfleet.

A little research would have revealed Jordan Ibe has not made a single football appearance since September 2020 and he was not injured. He signed for Derby was released, he signed for Adanaspor was released and is now with Ebbsfleet and has not made a single appearance since he signed.

Then ottom line is that an international career puts a player in the shop window. I used Troost as an example. If you are getting your knickers in a twist because he is from your ethnicity, go put that cr*p in your pupe and smoke it.

You can p1ss right off

A player and his family have every right to make the decisions on their career that meets their needs.
Only a person lacking in decent family upbringing will fail to see this and then in addition, gloat over the career challenges such a player has.

You should be ashamed of yourself!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

txj wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:47 pm

You can p1ss right off

A player and his family have every right to make the decisions on their career that meets their needs.
Only a person lacking in decent family upbringing will fail to see this and then in addition, gloat over the career challenges such a player has.

Like I said, you can p1ss right off
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

quote="COOKING SPOON" post_id=5946208 time=1706300731 user_id=1620]

You can p1ss right off

You mention my family? You father must be a moron to produce a bottom feeder like yourself
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Call me Jordan Ib not Ibe....Lol

You all need to relax the game hasn't even started and tension is high. Come tomorrow, Cameroon are getting their cheeks clapped with no hands.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

You can p1ss right off

I agree with you, cooking spoon needs to have his head checked out by Dr Damunk.
Peter Obi For President 2023
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Football is an extremely competitive sport. There is no guarantee anyone will be at the top of thier game or the game for a protracted period.

Also, potential doesn't always translate into success. There are always 5 if not more ready to step in. Its a combo of application, very hard work and luck.

Just look at the case of late bloomer Jamie Vardy as an example.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051