Jordon Ibe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
Jordon Ibe

Post by COOKING SPOON »

He is playing fifth division football in England at the moment. I hope many other young players learn from his experience. This boy still only 28 moved from Liverpool to Bournemouth for 15 million pounds and now his career is finished. He felt he was too good for the Nigerian team and look at where he is. Maybe if he played for Nigeria he would have had more exposure and could still be playing at a decent level today. Good luck to him
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Jordon Ibe

Post by mcal »

...live the kid alone, don't rub salt to injury.
Those like him who chose Nigeria, how man are playing in top euro league?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mcal wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:23 am ...live the kid alone, don't rub salt to injury.
Tell us 1 player who chose Nigeria that’s playing in the 5th div of any country. We haven’t had many so it’ll be easy to count.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Wow, I wish him all the luck. What a fall off.

Playing for Nigeria really broadens your horizon. You see there's more to life outside the UK and there's always the Afcon which I believe is a great shop window.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

This is a stupid thread!

How would you feel if the likes of Saka mocked you after not qualifying for WC 2022 despite having the likes of Ekong, Iwobi, Bassey, Aribo e.t.c
Peter Obi For President 2023
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Babalawo wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:29 am This is a stupid thread!

How would you feel if the likes of Saka mocked you after not qualifying for WC 2022 despite having the likes of Ekong, Iwobi, Bassey, Aribo e.t.c

Maybe if you applied a little comprehension you would not use the term stupid.

Where is the mockery?

I even wished the chap well.

I beg, spare me your anger issues bro.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We would tell him his teammate Partey knocked us out and that it’s none of his business.
OCCUPY NFF!!
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:06 am Wow, I wish him all the luck. What a fall off.

Playing for Nigeria really broadens your horizon. You see there's more to life outside the UK and there's always the Afcon which I believe is a great shop window.
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:06 am Wow, I wish him all the luck. What a fall off.

True words Wole, look at what playing for Nigeria has done for the likes of Ekong. He had been released by Tottenham, was playing in Norway, but the decision to play for Nigeria revived his career. Today he is a seasoned international, played in the Seria A and the Premiership, earned big money and captains Nigeria.
He is a bonafide star.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I think we need to show compassion for individuals that have fallen on hard times.

Jordan Ibe has been suffering from depression for several years. This is reflected in his non appearances for each club in the last few years.

Another one in a similar position is Dele Ali. Just because they didn’t play for Nigeria doesn’t mean we should mock them. We should be big enough to accept their decision and move on. The person that start this thread is like that guy that was rejected by a babe but keeps monitoring her and rejoices when she breaks up with her boyfriend. You come across looking stupid
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He choose the life,his dad said he’ll for England and he believed it and at the time it may had been possible but he feel off.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

If he’s in the fifth tier, then I doubt playing for Nigeria would have saved him.
Someone said he’s suffering from depression.
That would explain it.
Depression could either be the cause or the effect of a failed career in a promising young footballer such as him.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:00 am I think we need to show compassion for individuals that have fallen on hard times.

Jordan Ibe has been suffering from depression for several years. This is reflected in his non appearances for each club in the last few years.

Another one in a similar position is Dele Ali. Just because they didn’t play for Nigeria doesn’t mean we
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:00 am I think we need to show compassion for individuals that have fallen on hard times.

Another one in a similar position is Dele Ali. Just because they didn’t play for Nigeria doesn’t mean we should mock them. We should be big enough to accept their decision and move on. The person that start this thread is like that guy that was rejected by a babe but keeps monitoring her and rejoices when she breaks up with her boyfriend. You come across looking stupid
Maybe you're actually stupid if you assume an observation is mockery.
Last edited by COOKING SPOON on Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:44 am
mcal wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:23 am ...live the kid alone, don't rub salt to injury.
Tell us 1 player who chose Nigeria that’s playing in the 5th div of any country. We haven’t had many so it’ll be easy to count.
...did the kid choose Nigeria, or was called by Nigeria and he declined?
Btw 5th division of where he is in Europe is akin to our local league 1st division or better.
Allow him be, he has had his ride at the top echelons. Many players go thru this before they finally hang their boots.
The person who dug up this story and post it here is eliciting mockery by 5th division comment.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:32 am

If he’s in the fifth tier, then I doubt playing for Nigeria would have saved him.
Someone said he’s suffering from depression.
That would explain it.
Depression could either be the cause or the effect of a failed career in a promising young footballer such as him.
...was he in the fifth tier when Nigeria approached him? (If indeed they did).
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He has been dealing with depression and was also charged for a driving offence after crashing his car 🚘 into a coffee ☕️ shop.
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

mcal wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:21 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:44 am
...did the kid choose Nigeria, or was called by Nigeria and he declined?
Btw 5th division of where he is in Europe is akin to our local league 1st division or better.
Allow him be, he has had his ride at the top echelons. Many players go thru this before they finally hang their boots.
The person who dug up this story and post it here is eliciting mockery by 5th division comment.
Nigerians and their lack of critical thought
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 am

This thread unfortunately has exposed you for what you are; blaming the player for not playing for Nigeria and therefore it is the reason for him ending up playing for Ebbsfleet.

A little research would have revealed Jordan Ibe has not made a single football appearance since September 2020 and he was not injured. He signed for Derby was released, he signed for Adanaspor was released and is now with Ebbsfleet and has not made a single appearance since he signed.

Where is the compassion for a person that is in crises ???
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:26 pm

This thread unfortunately has exposed you for what you are; blaming the player for not playing for Nigeria and therefore it is the reason for him ending up playing for Ebbsfleet.

A little research would have revealed Jordan Ibe has not made a single football appearance since September 2020 and he was not injured. He signed for Derby was released, he signed for Adanaspor was released and is now with Ebbsfleet and has not made a single appearance since he signed.

Get some brains loser, at what point did i apportion blame?

Then ottom line is that an international career puts a player in the shop window. I used Troost as an example. If you are getting your knickers in a twist because he is from your ethnicity, go put that cr*p in your pupe and smoke it.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Not every soccer player with Nigerian heritage will play for Nigeria. There are countless players who played for Nigeria but did not have great professional careers.
COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:20 am He is playing fifth division football in England at the moment. I hope many other young players learn from his experience. This boy still only 28 moved from Liverpool to Bournemouth for 15 million pounds and now his career is finished. He felt he was too good for the Nigerian team and look at where he is. Maybe if he played for Nigeria he would have had more exposure and could still be playing at a decent level today. Good luck to him
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:40 pm Not every soccer player with Nigerian heritage will play for Nigeria. There are countless players who played for Nigeria but did not have great professional careers.
COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:20 am He is playing fifth division football in England at the moment. I hope many other young players learn from his experience. This boy still only 28 moved from Liverpool to Bournemouth for 15 million pounds and now his career is finished. He felt he was too good for the Nigerian team and look at where he is. Maybe if he played for Nigeria he would have had more exposure and could still be playing at a decent level today. Good luck to him
KPOM. Moreover, there are many who are not Nigerians who had their career nosedive. I just wish the kid the best. There will be live beyond soccer. Success road has not closed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

COOKING SPOON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:28 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:26 pm

Get some brains loser, at what point did i apportion blame?

Then ottom line is that an international career puts a player in the shop window. I used Troost as an example. If you are getting your knickers in a twist because he is from your ethnicity, go put that cr*p in your pupe and smoke it.

You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kid made a mistake ONLY because if he played for SE, he'd definitely be at the AFCON right now!

Dont forget that Nigerians love lower Div players and 2 weeks ago, campaigned heavily for a Div 4 players! Being in Div 5, he'd have been the crown jewel of CE members and would absolutely be in the team right now.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Chief mental health is no joke.
Anyone who’s been involved involved in youth fball has seen many
phenoms fall by the wayside for a multitude of reasons.
But top on the list, is the mental stress caused by pressure to succeed.
Playing for Nigeria is no guarantee for success.
The lad has issues and unfortunately they seem to have gotten the better of him, as of now.
Wouldn’t it be better to show some empathy and humanity rather than the “how dya like me now” tone of your post?