Victor Osimhen: Premier League or Real Madrid - where next for Napoli forward?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Victor Osimhen: Premier League or Real Madrid - where next for Napoli forward?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68109792
Victor Osimhen is one of the most sought-after strikers in Europe.

Napoli's Nigeria forward only signed a new contract with the Italian club in December but is reported to have a release clause of over £100m.

"I have already made my decision on the next step to do at the end of the season," Osimhen, who has been linked with many clubs including Chelsea and Real Madrid, told CBS Sports.

"The Premier League is one of the biggest leagues in the world.

"I want to finish the season with Napoli strong then come up with the decision I've already made."

Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed the 25-year-old will leave this summer after four years in Italy to join either "Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain or an English club".

"We've known all this since last summer, which is also why negotiations for the extension of his contract, although friendly, took so long," he added.

The Euro Leagues podcast team discuss Osimhen's future and where he might go next.

Osimhen has qualities to 'thrive' in Premier League
Victor Osimhen and Napoli: 'The love for him is fake in Italy'
Victor Osimhen: Nigeria striker's journey from Lagos streets to 'new king of Africa'
Osimhen determined to avoid last-16 exit
Listen: What next for Osimhen - Euro Leagues podcast
'Real Madrid is a weird stepping stone'
Spanish football expert Guillem Balague said Osimhen is behind both Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland on Real Madrid's list of targets for the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

"He could be Real Madrid's Plan C," added Balague.

"They are trying to get Mbappe. No-one seems to know where that is at, but it is on the cards. If that doesn't happen, they are going for Haaland.

"They [Real Madrid] are saving the money for one of those two transfers first though."

European football journalist Mina Rzouki said it would be a "weird" move for Osimhen to join Real at this stage of his career.

"If someone pays around 130m euros (£111m) - that is his release clause - they can take him," she said.

"Everyone says it is the Premier League next for him. It is the league he has spoken about and the league he has always said he wants to join.

"But it wasn't long ago a move to Real Madrid was being talked about.

"I feel Real is a weird stepping stone though. Surely Real Madrid is the grand final, not a next step."

Napoli forward Victor Osimhen celebrates scoring a goal
Victor Osimhen says he has already made up his mind about his future
Chelsea or PSG?
Osimhen has been a phenomenal success in Italy since joining Napoli from French club Lille in 2020.

He has scored 57 goals in 96 Serie A matches and helped the club win the league in 2022-23.

Belgium football expert Kristof Terreur said Osimhen's destinations were limited because of his asking price.

"There are not a lot of Premier League teams actively looking for a scoring striker - maybe Chelsea?" added Terreur.

"Or he is moving to Saudi Arabia - I only see two countries being able to pay for him - or Paris St-Germain maybe."

Balague said Osimhen would not be leaving before the summer.

"There is nobody in January who is going to spend £100m-plus," he added.

"What a striker he is though. He has everything a modern striker needs. He is fast, skilful, understands movement, links up well."

'Napoli fans seem furious with interview'
Will Osimhen be playing in the Premier League next season?

Manchester United have also been linked with the player.

"I think 60% of the people mention the rumours about me linked with the Premier League," added Osimhen to CBS Sports.

The interview, however, has not gone down well with Napoli supporters, according to Rzouki.

"Napoli fans seem a bit furious with that interview. There is a part of me that doesn't believe he will leave.

"I can't see him going to Saudi Arabia - if you are so ambitious why would you go there? If you were Chelsea though - why wouldn't you do it?"
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved