Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (1-0) Lookman Hangs, Our Osimhen assist) HT

Post by SylverEagles »

txj wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:18 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:12 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 pm
txj wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:04 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:57 pm Ah yes!! We did it. Looks like Bassey is so much better than Zaidu down that left.

Well done boys!!

Bros Zaidu was top notch today
Er bros. You are smart football cookie but on this one you are dead wrong.

Defensively he is alright but he has poor ball control and pass completion must be in the 50% range. Not good enough.

It is one of the reasons we struggle to score. A sharper player in that position will be eating assists for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

KPOM!!!

In our current setup he is the major outlet high on the left.

Today he not only provided the outlet but didn't allow a successful cross or through ball while in the game.
That is the definition of balance.

His delivery can be better though...
Ok, your statements are contradictory:

He is a major outlet but his delivery can be better? Which is really putting it mildly.

I am pretty sure he didn't create a single high danger chance yet Bassey played a delicious cross for the second goal in less time.

All we are saying is that we need more from that position than what Zaidu is providing. Fair enough if we don't have better but I really don't believe that.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
akamoke
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Post by akamoke »

jungle-jawara wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:18 pm I don't know why some of us are complaining. To be it was a decent game we played. Osimhem as usual held his own, pulled the double teaming. The Cameroonians had no game plan than to obstruct the eagles. Lookman was to the eagles today what Victor Moses was to the team in 2013. But for a team to be scared of their goalkeeper is something else. See how everyone but Osimhem overed Uzoho when he came in . Hahahaha
Oshimhen is an all round decent human being
I noticed this too
I also noticed how he comforted the Guinea Bissau defender who scored an own goal and he refused to celebrate
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

SylverEagles wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:26 pmOk, your statements are contradictory:

He is a major outlet but his delivery can be better? Which is really putting it mildly.

I am pretty sure he didn't create a single high danger chance yet Bassey played a delicious cross for the second goal in less time.

All we are saying is that we need more from that position than what Zaidu is providing. Fair enough if we don't have better but I really don't believe that.
He is the major outlet refers to his role in the team - high on the left.
His delivery refers to how he executes that part of that role.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:13 pm So much for the ‘useless’, ‘ajebota’, ‘innit’ ‘rejects’ abi?
Shay una see why una be clueless fans? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Those most guilty know demselves and are now celebrating.
Next time, mechonu! :taunt:
No mind dem. Every taim, dem wan make we fire coach, even wen the problem no be coach dey cos-am.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohsee wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:12 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:07 pm Nwabili 7 didn't have to do much. They injured him intentionally

Aina 7

Ekong 8

Ajayi 8..

Bassey 7
Sanusi 5
Onyeka 8

Iwobi 6

Simon 7

Osimhen 9

Lookman 9

I think that is fair.
I agree, except for Sanusi. I gave him minus 5. He was absolutely terrible today.
:rotf:

You sabi ball too?

Nwabili 8

Aina 8

Ekong 8

Ajayi 8.

Bassey 8

Sanusi -5

Onyeka 6

Iwobi 9

Simon 5

Osimhen 10

Lookman 9

Uzoho 5
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:20 pm Lookman on 13s for next scorer. Hmmm.
Bet in play, second scorer, check, Eagles to conquer the Lions, check. Put a pony on, got a monkey back. London’s finest zoo.

“More champagne Sir?”.
“No brainer and whatever you’re having darlin”.
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

ANC wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:00 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:58 pm Iwobi need to step up his game. He is not having a good tourney. Sanusi need to also improve.
Now I am know you are either blind or slow.
He is was the difference in the match.

Don't waste your time arguing with that guy, Iwobi was very good today and dictated the tempo/control the Midfielder quite well today. best player after Osihmen and Lukman
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Chriskendo43 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:42 pm
ANC wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:00 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:58 pm Iwobi need to step up his game. He is not having a good tourney. Sanusi need to also improve.
Now I know you are either blind or slow.
He was the difference in the match.

Don't waste your time arguing with that guy, Iwobi was very good today and dictated the tempo/control the Midfielder quite well today. best player after Osihmen and Lukman
Yeap, he was that and more.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Looks like people have different views on Iwobi and that's fine.
Overall, I think he is the best we have in that midfield. Even a very tired Iwobi will give you one or two defense splitting passes that can impact the outcome of the game. Recall the pass to Osimen again EQG? and the one-two-three between him, Bassey, and Lookman for today's goals. Pizero has the right set up. He now needs to look for personel that can provide intelligent passes into the box.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tournaments always have an unsung heroes in the business rounds. If Nwabili’s knee isn’t gone, change his name to Adam Antium. Awful fall. His facial expression said a lot.

Could be Uzoho’s Mount Olympus moment.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:20 pm
spastic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:01 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:55 pm Omeruo looks a transvestite with that blue hair. Leave that one for Rasheedat Ajibade.

What is wrong with looking like a transvestite and how exactly do transvestites look that is different from any other human, pray tell.

Some of you and your very poisoned and poisonous mindsets do not realize that you operate from the same diseased mindset as racists also operate from.
1. There is something wrong with looking like a transvestite. It is not culturally appropriate
2. That said, it was a joke. Lighten up. Let's not all start acting like Westerners who get triggered by anything and everything.

"It was a joke" is abetting foolishness when you have a group of people that are highly discriminated against to the point where their lives are in danger in many parts of the world.

And it is not being Western to speak up against foolish and dangerous discriminations -- whether they are clothed as jokes or not. One need not be personally and morally accepting of transgenderism for one to be decent and fight for their rights to exist and live free of discrimination. Do better. Y'all are grown #$% men that definitely know better having been direct and/or indirect victims of discriminations yourselves.
At the risk of turning a football room into a political one:

Oh Please. There is no evidence they are 'highly' discriminated against. There is simply no evidence that they are uniquely discriminated against. That's just leftist propaganda.

And who has ever stopped a trans person from existing? Did I miss some news about a mass killing of trans-people? Oray tell if you are better informed. To say a transwoman is NOT a woman is NOT discrimination, its observing bioliogical fact.

You do better! Stop parroting western leftist propaganda and pretending to be holier than thou. Anyone can be the object of a joke. Including transpeople. And for the record, no one stops them from existing. But their ideology is a hindrance and detriment to cultural cohesion. And I won't pretend otherwise coz a few Nigerians wanna play Westerner.

And to compare trans to blacks is beyond silly. You can miss me with all that nonsesnse.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:20 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:55 pm Omeruo looks a transvestite with that blue hair. Leave that one for Rasheedat Ajibade.

What is wrong with looking like a transvestite and how exactly do transvestites look that is different from any other human, pray tell.

Some of you and your very poisoned and poisonous mindsets do not realize that you operate from the same diseased mindset as racists also operate from.
1. There is something wrong with looking like a transvestite. It is not culturally appropriate
2. That said, it was a joke. Lighten up. Let's not all start acting like Westerners who get triggered by anything and everything.

"It was a joke" is abetting foolishness when you have a group of people that are highly discriminated against to the point where their lives are in danger in many parts of the world.

And it is not being Western to speak up against foolish and dangerous discriminations -- whether they are clothed as jokes or not. One need not be personally and morally accepting of transgenderism for one to be decent and fight for their rights to exist and live free of discrimination. Do better. Y'all are grown #$% men that definitely know better having been direct and/or indirect victims of discriminations yourselves.
Thank you
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

icee wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:46 pm Looks like people have different views on Iwobi and that's fine.
Overall, I think he is the best we have in that midfield. Even a very tired Iwobi will give you one or two defense splitting passes that can impact the outcome of the game. Recall the pass to Osimen again EQG? and the one-two-three between him, Bassey, and Lookman for today's goals. Pizero has the right set up. He now needs to look for personel that can provide intelligent passes into the box.
I have been on the fence regarding Iwobi, but after today, he's earned my respect. He was willing to die for the team; he was the Captain of this win.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists)2H

Post by 100%Naija »

ohsee wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:04 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 pm "He did everything that he need to did" chei Amotaxi has destroyed the English language. RIP English
:rotf: :rotf:
Oh, so una get that Amokachi colour commentary too? I thought I was being punished because I live in Canada, with the game available only on fubo Canada. :rotf: But I won't insult a national hero. :biggrin: I will just say he was interesting. :biggrin:
He was killing me. On the disallowed goal, he said "and the Viera is coming to inspect the goal." Who be Viera? He was referring to VAR :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Osihmen 9
Captain, Aina, Lookman 8
Keeper, Bassey, Iwobi, Ajayi, Onyeka 7
Sanusi: 6
Simon: 5
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists)2H

Post by spastic »

100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:56 pm
ohsee wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:04 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 pm "He did everything that he need to did" chei Amotaxi has destroyed the English language. RIP English
:rotf: :rotf:
Oh, so una get that Amokachi colour commentary too? I thought I was being punished because I live in Canada, with the game available only on fubo Canada. :rotf: But I won't insult a national hero. :biggrin: I will just say he was interesting. :biggrin:
He was killing me. On the disallowed goal, he said "and the Viera is coming to inspect the goal." Who be Viera? He was referring to VAR :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He said the V A R. Not VIera :boo:
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

So you say. I dont care how he looks as long as he plays well for the SE. Never lightening up on any veiled form of hatred.
panafrican
Egg
Egg

Post by panafrican »

Very weak Cameroon side.

A coach with no ideas...

Nigeria deserved to win. And should have scored more goals. Cameroon should go back to work.And maybe hire a new coach
The indomitable lions ; Africa's best team ever.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

panafrican wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:10 am Very weak Cameroon side.

A coach with no ideas...

Nigeria deserved to win. And should have scored more goals. Cameroon should go back to work.And maybe hire a new coach
We said that before the game but their fans came out making noise…it’s funny how opponents are always played down when the winning team is professional. We’ve been guilty of doing the same thing with the likes of Senegal, down playing their dominance. We were just that much better and didn’t allow them to have any ideas…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

kawawa wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:02 am

So you say. I dont care how he looks as long as he plays well for the SE. Never lightening up on any veiled form of hatred.
I don't care how he looks either. And I don't think he looks strange. But Packerland is within his right to feel otherwise. And he did. ANd he jokingly compared his hairstyle to a transvestite. He actually doesn't look like a transvestite. That's an exaggeration. The joke lies in the exaggeration. I am annoyed that I'm having to explain Packerland's joke. But it was meant in jest. It is not a form of hatred. It's a form of disapproval. Packerland or anyone else is within their rights to frown at any lifestyle they find objectionable. Including Trans. But the point stands. It was a joke. Not hatred. A joke. Trans people don't need whiteknight defenders. Sure, neither does Packerland... But that't neither here nor there. I just like a fight :taunt:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Rigobert needs to be put out of his misery. As admirable as the notion was, the Eto’o experiment is observing a predictable trajectory. For all the photos, bespoke suits and black messiah rhetoric, it’s been more of the usual. Cameroon have been one of the worst of the genuinely football playing nations. It’s certainly time for Snoop Dogg to step down.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Great result.

Loved Osimehen and Bassey were the standouts for me.

Allons-y
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."