Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Post by Goalgetter »

I am happy wee won! But oh man that Lookman finish for the first goal was overall below par to honest. I’m glad it went in but oh man that was poor.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Congrats Super Eagles. Job well done. We are so proud of you guys.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Odas wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:53 pm Kai, Uzoho wasn't even tested. Fear bin cach me when I see the bobo.
If cant even kick the ball pass the halfway line.
:rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:59 pm What a performance by Nigeria. The defense was solid, and I can't think of a clear chance Cameroon created in this game. Osihmen, despite not scoring, was immense. He worked really hard, harrying the Cameroon central defenders into making mistakes. Make no mistake about it. This was a tactically astute and workmanlike performance from Nigeria. They showed today that they are contenders for the tournament
I AGREE. You see what I meant, when I kept talking about managing games.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:21 am I am happy wee won! But oh man that Lookman finish for the first goal was overall below par to honest. I’m glad it went in but oh man that was poor.
...in that moment no time for fancy, got to kick/slot the ball in.
But praise the goalie for getting back quick, his defenders completely let him down.
Thank God the spin on the ball make am roll back into net.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cally wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:24 pm
BigMuze wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:16 pm Let’s no be too tough on Iwobi. He plays as CM in this team tidying things up. He obviously has limitations and confidence issues which I have come to accept, but he is the best in that position in the team.
Iwobi was awesome today. I do not understand how anyone would criticize him based on this game. Did these guys see his pass to bassey that led to our second goal? Abeg I go jus log off from this place and go enjoy our win. People will rather dwell in negatives instead of enjoying an amazing win.
Iwobi played very well today. One of our best performers in the game.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists)2H

Post by green4life »

100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:56 pm
ohsee wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:04 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 pm "He did everything that he need to did" chei Amotaxi has destroyed the English language. RIP English
:rotf: :rotf:
Oh, so una get that Amokachi colour commentary too? I thought I was being punished because I live in Canada, with the game available only on fubo Canada. :rotf: But I won't insult a national hero. :biggrin: I will just say he was interesting. :biggrin:
He was killing me. On the disallowed goal, he said "and the Viera is coming to inspect the goal." Who be Viera? He was referring to VAR :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He kept calling Oneka; “onyekuru”, which was especially odd given his south African counterpart used the proper pronunciation immediately after him to indirectly correct him … but Amo no gree hear word!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

green4life wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:47 am
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 pm "He did everything that he need to did" chei Amotaxi has destroyed the English language. RIP English
Oh, so una get that Amokachi colour commentary too? I thought I was being punished because I live in Canada, with the game available only on fubo Canada. :rotf: But I won't insult a national hero. :biggrin: I will just say he was interesting. :biggrin:
He was killing me. On the disallowed goal, he said "and the Viera is coming to inspect the goal." Who be Viera? He was referring to VAR :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He kept calling Oneka; “onyekuru”, which was especially odd given his south African counterpart used the proper pronunciation immediately after him to indirectly correct him … but Amo no gree hear word!
This is what Amo said when that player from Equatorial Guinea that is built like Adama Traore scored the 4th goal against Ivory Coast … “The young man the bulk is strong blonde-headed player has gotten his name on the score sheet in the African Cup of nation” I nearly died laughing 😂 😂
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

green4life wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:47 am
The same happened in the first game, with Aina. He said, listeners sent the correct pronunciation to him.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:34 pm Image
Well deserved
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (1-0) Ajayi

Post by Ipe Grams »

anointed wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 pm But Semi didn't receive the ball directly from a teammate
Watching the highlights, there was a Cameroon player defending the goal posts for the goal ruled offside?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

anointed wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 pm But Semi didn't receive the ball directly from a teammate
Watching the highlights, there was a Cameroon player defending the goal posts for the goal ruled offside?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Dear Super Eagles, Dear Nigerians,
I wish to let you all know that 8.000.000 Ambazonians are super joyfulocious and thankful to you for a job well done yesterday.
Thank you!!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ipe Grams wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:40 am
U need two players behind the keeper to be onside
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

spastic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:47 pmAt the risk of turning a football room into a political one:

Oh Please. There is no evidence they are 'highly' discriminated against. There is simply no evidence that they are uniquely discriminated against. That's just leftist propaganda.

And who has ever stopped a trans person from existing? Did I miss some news about a mass killing of trans-people? Oray tell if you are better informed. To say a transwoman is NOT a woman is NOT discrimination, its observing bioliogical fact.

You do better! Stop parroting western leftist propaganda and pretending to be holier than thou. Anyone can be the object of a joke. Including transpeople. And for the record, no one stops them from existing. But their ideology is a hindrance and detriment to cultural cohesion. And I won't pretend otherwise coz a few Nigerians wanna play Westerner.

And to compare trans to blacks is beyond silly. You can miss me with all that nonsesnse.

You are clearly obtuse and lacking in wisdom and intelligence. I did not "compare trans to blacks". I compared discrimination to discrimination. But you see, when one chooses and embraces intense stupidity as you have, one will see only through the parochial and jaundiced lenses that you are stuck with.

Transgenders have a right to live life free of discrimination and stupid, demeaning and discriminatory "jokes" and/or hateful words from foolish and immature fellow humans.

As for the rest of your strawman argument, I have zero time for it, and you can take your agenda elsewhere. But as long as you or anyone else spews foolishness anywhere within my line of sight or even peripheral view, you can bet your bottom dollar, I will call it out and smack it down.

Cheerio.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ipe Grams wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:39 am
Me I no understand the offside rule again!!

A Cameroon defender was on the line therefore playing Ayayi on surely??? Or the ref missed it and only looked at the keeper? Another example of Cameroon cheating Nigeria of a goal scored
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The offside rule is that you need two players in front of you. Typically that includes the goalkeeper. But in thus case, Ondoa likes to come off his line a lot.

As you can see Semi Ajayi is judged to be marginally behind Ondoa, and there is no other cameroon player behind Ondoa, additional player that is. There is only the one.

Osimhen did not factor in I believe as he didn't interfere with the play in any way.

It is not a blatant offside, as he is almost level with Ondoa. But offside is offside.

I think there is only one thing that could have made the goal count. If the Cameroonian player deliberately played the ball. The ball did in fact come off their defender, but it was not a deliberate pass/play.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Apologies for the resolution, it is a mobile phone screenshot.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »